“Fabulous Boutique” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 317 hotels in Los Angeles
Palm Desert
“Fabulous Boutique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I absolutely love this place! I have stayed here 3 times and each time has been better than before. To the people who say this hotel is too loud: What are you doing staying on Hollywood & Vine in the first place if you're concerned about noise? Didnt you notice the strip club and the head shop on the corner?? The Hotel shares a wall with The Avalon concert venue and nightclub and is right down the street from The Pantages.This is a beautiful social hotel not a business hotel. From the moment you walk in you are transported to another place & time. The aroma of the hotel is mesmerizing as is the decor. The hotel is reminiscient of a French Bourdoir or Bordello. Everyting is dark and rich. Lots of reds, browns and purples. I have only stayed in the Hollywood premier flat and it was off the chains. The Flat was decorated like something you wish you had designed. Everyhing from a full kitchen with a bar and stripper pole to a record player with a wide selection of vinyl is included. The linens and accessories were top shelf as was the furniture. The Flat has a good size balcony with plenty of seating, no view. This hotel does not boast having spectacular views because it doesnt. If you're not facing the courtyard then you're either looking onto Vine or some crappy back alley, but it doesn't matter. There are many hip and cool hotels in Hollyood like The Mondrian or The Standard, but I like this one the best.

Room Tip: Hollywood Premier Flat is a one bedroom one bath or The redbury signature is a two bedroom two bath.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Matthew L,
We are ecstatic that you enjoy The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine along with all of the great nightlife the area has to offer. We pride ourselves on being an excellent choice for people such as yourself who are looking to revel in the Hollywood scene and business travelers a like. Consequently, we are taking great steps to insulate our guest flats from noise that comes in through the windows and balcony doors. We can’t wait for you next stay with us!
Cheers,

370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Redbury needs to decide if it’s a nightclub or a hotel. My room looked onto a pretty courtyard, which at night became a seething nightclub with music pumping until 2 AM. I had read the reviews, but nothing made it clear that there is no escape from the noise. I was in LA for work, so who cares if the rooms are charming if you can’t get any sleep? There are plenty of hotels in LA and if part of your travel plan includes sleeping at night, I recommend you choose one of the others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear SydneyCaro,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the troubles you experience with the noise coming from The Library’s lively bar scene. I have addressed the situation with the lounge’s manager, as the courtyard is not typically kept open that late as to not disturb hotel guest too deep into the night. I am happy to report that we are beginning work on a soundproofing project in December that will eliminate virtually all noise from the outside. I would be happy to discuss the situation further if you would like and am available at david.lang@theredbury.com. Again, please accept our sincerer apologies for this unfortunate situation.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Loved this place. Location great. Room was awesome. Loved our view, could see The Hollywood sign. Bummed the bar wasn't open but guess I just gave to go back.
Will stay there again for sure!
We had the two bedroom/2 bathroom.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Kindra Z,

We are thrilled that you chose The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine, and that we were “Exactly what [you] wanted.” Sorry that you were not able to enjoy The Library, but like you said, it gives you another great reason to come see us again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We got married at the redbury and the staff was amazing! Everyone did their best to make our vision come to life. The rooms are awesome ! Huge, clean, and very stylish ! This is the perfect place for your event or just a nice getaway !

• Stayed October 2012
DavidLangGM, General Manager at The Redbury, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Lisamarietrevnio,
Congratulations again on your recent nuptials! The Redbury was honored to be a part of your special day and truly appreciate your kind words on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you next year to help you celebrate your first anniversary as well!
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Let me preface this by saying my ideal vacation consists of great food, slow pace and white sand beaches. That being said, I am going to try and be as impartial as possible, seeing as I knew ahead of time that this hotel/area was not my "scene."

I will start with the pros. Check in was extremely smooth and the receptionist (Natasha I believe was her name) seemed very genuine and sweet. In fact, most of the staff were very nice and pleasant, with the exception of a male receptionist who was down right rude later in our stay (wish I had his name)

Upon entering our room (a studio with kitchen) we were amazed by the size, decoration and overall style and feel of the room.

The location of the hotel is literally on the corner of Hollywood and Vine. Since we had tickets to the Book of Mormon at the Pantages Theater (about 50 yards from the hotel), we choose to stay at the Redbury. Grauman's Chinese Theatre, the El Capitan Theatre and the Dolby (formerly the Kodak) Theatres are also all within walking distance, however I would not recommend this at night as we saw numerous criminal types in the area. If Hollywood is your main point of interest, this location can't be beat.

The hotel restaurant, Cleo, was also fantastic. I had also heard that the hotel lounge was nice as well, however my wife and I did not go personally (we had a view of the lounge from our balcony and it did look very posh).

Now for the cons. What the hotel impresses in nightlife, it lacks in traditional luxuries such as a gym or pool. ***The noise level is also extremely loud. I had read several reviews saying so and they were not kidding. I am a heavy sleeper and even I was woken up several times during the night. From the music at the hotel lounge, to the music coming from the club next door, to cars revving on the street to police/fire sirens at all times of night. If you plan on staying out late, the noise will likely not affect your sleep. However, I would not recommend this hotel if a relaxing stay was intended. Also, when I checked in on a Friday night, there were numerous 20 somethings crowding the first and second floors of the hotel. As a pretty low-key kind of guy, having to squeeze my way past these party-going socialites while carrying our luggage was a bad first impression.

I can see the charm and why so many love this hotel. Unfortunately, it just wasn't for me and I will not be returning. Despite not being to my taste, the hotel does deserve a solid 4 rating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear emsmkivgolf,
Thank you for your thorough and thoughtful review of The Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine! We were pleased that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel despite Hollywood not being your “scene.” We will begin work on the first phase of an acoustic retrofit of the building in December, which will all but eliminate outside noise for the rooms adjacent to the nightclub next door, and the project will continue into next year. Please accept my apologies for the male receptionist who was rude to you. If you are willing to provide me with additional information on the situation, please contact me at david.lang@theredbury.com.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was staying Redbury for 3 days 2 night (Friday - Sunday). My standard room was a spacious flat come with kitchen that have full facilities including Microwave. The quality of the flat is good but the only thing is the carpet and sofa is bit old.

The only things I don't like are:

No facilities like gym, swimming pool, 20 mins walikng distance to China Theathe. Standard room facing disco was very noisy on Friday night until 5 am, we couldnt really sleep. We asked for moving us to a quieter room and they did but we need to pay additional $40 for upgrading the room cos that is the only available room. The staffs are effecient and It take only few minutes before we can move to another room

Overall, I appreciate they services during my stay in Redbury.

Room Tip: dont choose the room facing the disco
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My hubbie and I recently stayed at the Redbury. It was everything and more than we could have expected. We could not believe our eyes when we opened the door to our Highland suite: beautifully appointed, stackable washer/dryer, full modern kitchen and every possible cushy detail to satisfy. My only comment and there is little to nothing that can be done to correct it, is that the Redbury literally sits on a dance club. On Thursday nights - the boom of the base will rock until 5am. The Redbury will gladly supply you with earplugs to address this inconvenience but you can still feel the base. The reality is that you are in LA, you have a fully stocked bar, you are being pampered, so to get past the noise, all you need to do is throw care to wind, join in the fun and party like a rock star at the Redbury.

Room Tip: Nothing will prevent you from hearing the noise of the club except a coma.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Redbury? Share your experiences!