“Cool, retro feel...” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast Package!
Ranked #17 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Cool, retro feel...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011 via mobile

My boyfriend and I LOVE this hotel! We've stayed here 3 times now and always enjoy ourselves. The staff is always great and even remembered us from prior visits, which made us feel good, like we're not just random faces they have to help as part of their job. They rooms are so uniquely designed (the whole place is really). I love the living rooms and kitchens so you can stay in and make something if you want. There's a Trader Joes right down the street. My favorite part is the record player and vinyl records. Every room has a different selection. That's the first thing I check when I get in the room. My only complaint would be the lighting in the bathroom. It's pretty dark and makes putting make up on kinda hard, especially if you're trying to dress up at night. The restaurant in the hotel, Cleo, is good. But we really like Katsuya, which is only a block away. Try them both if you get the chance!

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011 via mobile

Beautiful room, excellent location, wonderful staff, very pleased with the Redbury.

• Stayed September 2011
dsmulligan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

The rooms are stunning. The decor is very hip and sexy. There are full kitchens in all the rooms, and I think most of the rooms have a balcony. The staff is very courteous and was always helpful. I never made it to the bar or restaurant, but heard great things.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I will first give my pros: The decor was cool. The room had ample closet space, washer/dryer, and kitchenette was nice. The location of the hotel is pretty good. They have a very nice hotel car that drops you off within a 3 mile radius to sightsee. Our driver was nice enough to take us all the way out to the Grove, which was a little bit further out.
Now the cons: There are no doors in the room! The toilet has a door, but the bathroom area was extremely open. Whoever is sharing the room with you can actually see you showering! UGH! It would be ok if I'd been alone, but I shared the room with 2 friends. Also, our room faced a nightclub, so that tends to get pretty loud on the weekends.
Overall, for the price, I wasn't impressed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Lancaster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

At first when we pulled up I didn't know what to think. I don't think I would have minded if it were run down, because I was so tired.
As soon as I stepped into the lower level (check in is on the second) I was in love. It has a city loft feel to it. The entrance to cLeo (the hotel restaurant) was closed, the door was like metal garage door. Also when you first walk in, there's this delicious full bodied scent, that's very relaxing. I'd describe it as wood tones and gardenia.
The staff is VERY friendly, VERY nice, VERY professional. You kinda feel as if you've just returned home from vacation to a house full of friends or something.
We had to be upgraded to a two bedroom suite! The view was amazing. Vine BLVD with Capitol records right there.
THe decor was wonderful. It fit my personal tastes perfectly, I really felt like I walked into my future apartment.
The beds were so comfortable, I didn't want to wake up! Some of the best sleep I have ever got!
Even though it's pricey I wouldn't mind staying here again!

Room Tip: Check in late, you may get an upgrade like I did
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Auckland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed at the Redbury @ Hollywood and Vine on two occasions. One of them was great, the other time, not so much.

Room: Okay, first the pros. The room looks exactly like the photos on the hotel website, spacious, nice decor, and spotlessly clean. And the Vinyl player in the room was especially cute. The bathroom had a very large shower and again, was very clean! The room also had a huge kitchen and washing machine & dryer. Now, to the cons. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT get their basic room. On the first visit, we got a room with the capitol record view. It's pretty much a view of the street which was fine for us. We loved sitting on our balcony and watching the passing traffic and people. However, on our second visit, we decided to save some money and get their basic room. What a Big Big mistake. The room faces a dirty alleyway, opposite a concrete wall which appears to be the outside of the club. Not only was it super loud, it was also very smelly on the balcony. Our room is probably not even a couple of meters across the concrete wall which makes the whole place feel depressing and claustrophobic. We desperately wanted to change room but the hotel was fully booked. So we sucked it up, kept our curtains closed day and night and checked out the next morning.

Service: The service at The Redbury was very mediocre. The workers weren't rude or anything but they didn't seem to make that much of an effort.

Other: The valet parking was expensive, but I think it's like this in most hotels in LA. We had Japanese room service on one night, small quantity, very average food and extremely overpriced! There is also no fitness centre on site. i think you can get a free pass to a public gym which is very inconvenient. Location wise, I think it was great for us (We are in our early twenties) but it's definitely not a place for family with kids or people who just wants to relax. It can get a little bit dodgy at night.

Overall, the hotel didn't wow us. The decor was nice, but given the price of the rooms, we expected better service and definitely not that awful room we got during our second stay. Don't think we will be returning.

Room Tip: Get the courtyard view or capitol record view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Stayed here on a recent business trip. Entertained in the room which was quite large and had a view of the Capital Records building which was nice. The room was well decorated and had a large balcony which was great too. The rooms have a very cool vibe. There was an old fashioned record player in the room and a stack of vintage vinyl in the room waiting for us to pick from to play.

This part of town is not my favorite at all but I was surprised at how nice this hotel was. It was also great to be able to go out to where we needed to go and walk and not worry about drinking and driving or getting a car service or cab. If you have a party at one of the clubs in this part of town then this is a great place to stay.

The one knock on this place in my opinion is the neighborhood itself. Despite the city's attempt to clean up this part of town it can still be a bit gritty especially at night. I would not recomend this place for families.

Also the cleaning crew had not swept off the balcony from the last guest and there were cigarette butts and ashes so we had to call to get that cleaned. They did come quickly and took care of it however after we called I must say.

If staying here I would definatly recomend a walk down the street for dinner at the legendary Musso and Frank. Sitting in those red leather booths and eating in a restaurant Chaplin once dined in is amazing. It is not haute cuisine just a cool old fashioned slice of LA.

If I have to come back to this part of town for an event I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony and view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Redbury Hollywood? Share your experiences!