“Sites & Bites” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TOURific Escapes

TOURific Escapes
P.O. Box 91962, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Hollywood)
+1 424-248-8687
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 330 Activities in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Book now - use code tripadvisor for $15 off the Hollywood Tour - We offer three unique tours: Our Hollywood Sites & Bites Tour lets you experience Hollywood through food, from celebrity chef eateries to landmark restaurants. Our Celebrity Insider Movie Locations Tour shows off filming sites in Beverly Hills, Century City and Hollywood in the company of an entertainment journalist who will share the inside scoop with you. If you’re a chocoholic, our Chocolate Indulgence Tour is for you! All tours are in the comfort of a custom 15-passenger van that’s fully air conditioned with individual seats and large windows to take in all the sites. Indulge your senses and enjoy the ride!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
“Sites & Bites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I booked this tour based on the excellent trip advisor reviews and it certainly did not disappoint! Our tour guide Maureen was friendly,enthusiastic and informative! It was obvious she really enjoyed what she was doing and she was extremely knowledgable answering any questions we had! Louis our driver was also very friendly and did his very best to get us as close to the food stops as possible and always had our safety in mind. There was 12 people on our tour which meant everyone could get involved in discussions/games and it was easy to communicate with each other! Having food on the tour is an excellent idea,it was great to try some things we have never had before such as pastrami and on such a hot day it was nice to finish off with an ice cream. This tour is an intimate and informative way of seeing many different sides of Hollywood, our group all agreed it was our favourite part of our trip to LA. If you are taking a trip to Hollywood you need to do the sites & bites tour!

TOUREscapes, Owner at TOURific Escapes, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Nadia,
Thank you for the lovely review of your time in Hollywood with Maureen and Louis! We are so pleased to have those two on our TOURific team. Thank you for sharing that our Sites & Bites Tour was the favorite part of your visit to Los Angeles, that is what we hope for! With all best wishes for your continued safe travels. Please tell your friends and neighbors about us. Sincerely,
Trish & Matt
Co-Founders

13 attraction reviews
“TOURific Escapes, Tourific Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

If you are looking for a professional, fun, small numbers based tour around Hollywood with exceptional product knowledge then look no further than Tourific Escapes. My cousin and I booked the Sites n Bites Tour, we had a wonderful group of 6 other ladies and totally enjoyed not just the tour but everyone's company as well.

I don't go for the overcrowded coach with everyone oggling out the window as they drive past peoples homes, I personally find this intrusive and was looking for a tour that provided me with some background history of Hollywood, I could walk as well as be seated comfortably in a medium sized vehicle with a lot of room and I would visit places that I might not have ever known about before plus there was food involved. This tour ticked all the boxes for me.

Trish, makes everyone feel welcomed. Her friendly nature ensured everyone had a great time. I even asked Trish the day we made our booking if there were any gluten free, no pig or bird products for both of us as well. I'd read the brochure which said they could not guarantee to accommodate all food allergies/requests but Trish told us this would not be a problem. This type of customer service was a stand out for me when someone goes above or beyond to ensure you are well looked after when it would have been easier for her to just say no I'm so very sorry. It's what separates this company from others and for me it is the small things that are so important.

Not only did we get to drive to area's I thought I would never see but we stopped at numerous places to learn about the history and culture as well. My favourite was the hot beef pastrami sandwich at Greenblatt's. I thought I would be hungry by the end of the tour as the portion sizes seemed small but by the time we had dessert at the end of the tour I was sufficiently full.

If you are wanting a tour with the differance then I would definately recommend the Sites n Bites Tour. Thank you Trish for creating such a wonderful tour and having us on board for the day, we really appreciated you going the extra mile to ensure we all had a fun day out.

Visited June 2014
Dear Travel Bug,
I so appreciate your thoughtful review of our day together, and thank you for noticing all the little things that go into making a successful tour. I remember your group, and we did have a blast! It is so fun for me to watch a group of guests become friends over the 4 hours we are on tour. I think that's why having the smaller groups works so well, and it makes for easier seating at our partner restaurants. I'm so happy you liked Greenblatt's pastrami! I love sharing their story and their delicious deli food. Thanks again for your kind words, and I am happy you had a fun day with us!
your Tour Guide Trish
Asheville, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

For a Hollywood tour that is intimate, classy and downright fun, I would definitely choose TOURific Escapes Sites n Bites Tour.Unlike the big tour companies and their large groups, this tour is limited to 12 people or less and the guide we had and her husband own the company so they are personally invested in your experience. I can't say enough about our guide Trish, her knowledge,humor and all the great sites she showed us. The stops for our various food courses where at really great places too. Very worth every moment and every penny spent. I loved it and recommend it highly.

Dear Barbara,
I am so happy you chose our tour! It was such a pleasure getting to know you. I really appreciate your sweet review and your high recommendation. You're right, Matt and I are very proud of our tour company and want every single guest to feel special. We've put in a lot of time and energy over the past 4 years building our customer service and relationships with our guests and partner restaurants. Thanks for noticing! Please come see us again.
Sincerely yours,
Trish your friendly Tour Guide
“Better than Disneyland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

A couple of weeks ago my family and I were in California for our summer vacation. We had items on the agenda like Disneyland, the beach, and visiting family. My mother-in-law suggested that we might want to go on the Sites and Bites tour since my 10 yr old daughter was in love with Hollywood and had never been before. I wasn't sure it was going to be a hit with her, but I was most pleasantly surprised! We had the most amazing time! My husband, myself, my daughter, and my in-laws all LOVED the tour! The food was a huge hit with all of us (even my picky daughter couldn't help but thoroughly enjoy the AMAZING food)! We all learned so much from our wonderful tour guide Trish! She was so knowledgable, upbeat, and interesting! I can't say enough about the time we all had... I think my daughter summed it up surprisingly well when she turned to me after the tour and with a huge grin said, "Mom, this tour was even better than Disneyland"! Thank you TOURific Escapes for being the highlight of our most fabulous vacation this summer!! Isabel from Washington

Visited June 2014
Dear Isabel,
Reading your review made my day!! How awesome that your daughter liked us better than Disneyland. No long lines, and lots of great food and drink! It was such a pleasure to show you and your family around Hollywood. When kids, parents and grandparents ALL like the tour, I guess we've done something right. THANK YOU for taking the time to put this in print for other travelers to see. I wish you a great summer, and hope we get the chance to meet again.
Best wishes and many thanks,
your Tour Guide Trish
Richmond, Virginia
“Personal Attention”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

First, Trish was a very informative tour guide. She was very easy to listen to and gave us interesting information. Second, I loved not being in the sun during the driving part of the tour. And Third, if you want to feel like you have had a personal experience of Hollywood, this is the tour for you. Trish took the time to remember our names and where we were from and it was obvious that she cares about each and every tour she hosts. I would highly recommend this tour.

Dear Janet,
Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review! I so enjoyed having you and your family onboard. I have always made it a priority to learn names as fast as possible, it goes back to my days of teaching elementary school. I want everybody with me to feel special, and learning names and hometowns is part of it. Thank you for noticing. Wishing you a wonderful remainder of the summer, and do come see us again.
With my best wishes,