“LA Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

$69*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Our Los Angeles Urban Adventures team team will show you local hotspots hidden from mass tourism. Whether it’s tasting favorite food and drink, ogling awesome architecture, or soaking up the local ambiance, we’ll ensure your Los Angeles experience is fun, fantastic and totally off the beaten path!
London, United Kingdom
“LA Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I booked this tour to get a condensed overview of LA and it was brilliant. Got to look around Dolby and Chinese Theatres while it was not yet too crowded in the morning, and great way to get our bearings on what is where in Hollywood and beyond. The Farmer's market was an unexpected delight (yummy seafood lunch!) and the bike ride from Venice Beach to Santa Monica was very enjoyable. Big thank you to Summer for being a great and fun guide.

Visited August 2012

Melbourne, Australia
“L.A. Getaway is a must!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I've been to L.A. a couple of times in the past and wasn't overly fazed HOWEVER......doing the L.A. Getaway tour with Summer has completely changed my opinion! Summer was BRILLIANT, she gave us a real insight into the area and pointed out things I'd never noticed previously. She took us to various places around L.A. such as the Greystone Mansion which I hadn't heard of before - it was so beautiful. I especially loved samplying all the yummy fresh produce at Farmers Market and rumaging through all the groovy shoes & clothing at 'Its a Wrap'. We feasted on sensational burgers and banana pie in a classic diner for lunch and enjoyed strolling along the canals in Venice. The highlight of the day was finishing with a cruisey bike ride along Venice Beach - what a great way to see area and work off lunch! Another thing I especially loved was the group was nice and small - there were 6 of us including Summer. It felt like we were hanging out with a group of friends rather than doing a usual 'run of the mill' big bus tour. Summer thank you soooooooo much, Dave and I had a ball. It was the perfect finish to our holiday and we can't wait to come back and revisit all the amazing places you showed us.

Melbourne, Australia
“LA Getaway tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had only one day to get to know LA, and this tour was a great way to see the city and get a feel for the SoCal lifestyle. Summer was a knowledgeable and entertaining guide. It was quite a personal tour, with Summer sharing stories and anecdotes about her city.

This was a great way to see the famous sights of LA - Hollywood, Rodeo Drive, Venice Beach, and the Farmer's market, as well as some lesser famous but fascinating places: Greystone mansion and park, with its peaceful manicured garden, and Its a Wrap - for some unusual Hollywood mementos. The relaxing cycle trip trip at Venice beach was a perfect finish to the tour.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
“If you only have a day - Urban Adventures with Summer is the way to see LA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My previous experience with LA was primarily changing planes at the airport, so I was looking for more than a canned recording or a view from the bus window. The Urban Adventures tour with Summer Davis gave me just what I needed. We spent time exploring iconic spots along Hollywood Blvd, Rodeo Drive, and Venice Beach on foot and by bicycle while Summer explained the history and shared lesser known anecdotes about the places we were visiting. I felt like an LA insider when we visited local eateries that were the original inspiration for well-known dishes and tried on clothes at the consignment shop where studios pass on garments worn by the stars (I came away with a beautiful hand-made jacket for only $5!). The tour was well-paced and Summer did a great job of making sure that our individual needs were met. I highly recommend this tour and this tour guide if you are ever in LA!

Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand
“L.A. in a Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had a great day out in L.A. with Summer. It was only my friend and I, so it was a nice intimate little group, but it made the day fun and extra informative. She showed us all of the main sights, took us to some cool little places, and taught us heaps of things about the places we were going and the things we were seeing. She also went out of her way to take us where we wanted to go. We both really enjoyed our day out in L.A. Thanks Summer! :)

Visited June 2012