“Consistently good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hoy-Ka Thai Noodle House - CLOSED

Hoy-Ka Thai Noodle House
5401 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Hollywood)
323-463-1339
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

A year after my last visit, came to LA again and decided to go back for seconds. Pad Ka Prao was delicious, the portion was large and the service was efficient. The only problem - I've asked for it to be a bit spicy, not a lot. It made my nose run and my eyes water. But I've ended up enjoying it better that way.

Pricing is still awesome. Ka Prao + Diet coke = 10.00$

• Visited June 2013

North Miami
“Authentic Spicy Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My 3rd day in LA and found this from an online review site. It's practically across from The Dixie Hotel. The positive reviews of this place was consistent....amazing food and family owned with excellent service. The famous Hoy Ka Noodle is now #18 on the menu and I ordered mine spicy and OMG....my whole entire mouth was still burning for 20 minutes after I finished the meal....so be careful what you asked for..lol! I'm not complaining cause this is what I was looking for...authentic spice! Place was small and very busy. But tables turn-around pretty quickly so don't be discouraged cause the food is worth it :) Almost all entrees are less than 10 bucks too. Love small buzzing places like this and I will make sure that I come for a 2nd visit when I'm back in Los Angeles.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Angelo R
Geneva, Switzerland
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

After reading the reviews and top ratings, I expected more. While the Pad Thai is very good all the other dishes were mediocre. The meatballs were awful, as if boiled from a frozen supply. The broth was bland. Only the dipping sauces were redeeming. Not recommended.

• Visited May 2013
Newman, California
“Great food great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Only three dishes tasted but all three were great you cannot ask for something better just look around and see that locals are Also Thai descendants and they all seem to enjoy their food

Visited May 2013
“Just excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have been twice already in this place and both times have been great. Everything is so tasty, the broth (the one with duck), the eggrolls and the Pad Thai is what we ordered. The service is great and the owners are very nice and kind. The Neighborhood is attractive and safe. It's NOT a romantic place.

• Visited April 2013