“Location, location, location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Renaissance Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
Hollywood Renaissance Suites
6358 Yucca Street, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028   |
Ranked #101 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Location, location, location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Okay lets just say this is the best location if staying in Hollywood. All the attractions are right there. We loved our room and the friendly staff. The lobby is excellent too. Very clean and easy parking. Loved the Hollywood Sign in the view too!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed here with my partner for the first time and was dissapointed. At the time of the stay the rate was quiet high but we decided to stay regardless as I knew the location would be excellent for all the activites we had planned around hollywood. Having previously stayed at Roosevelt I wanted to try something different and liked the location at Hollywood and Highland.

On check in, the staff were fine- seemed a little put out about me using travellers cheques to pay for the accomodation, but I did check prior to arrival and informed the hotel I would be doing this.
We took our own bags to the room, as I felt that the porters didn't really have time as they were attending the driveway, entrance. However, I didnt ask so i'll never know.
Our room faced the hollywood sign which was nice but was small in size. The basic layout in the room meant that as you entered the bathroom was to one side and then you basically stepped into the bedroom. I was dissapointed in the size for the rate per night and would recommend others that are interested in this hotel choosing a larger size room then the standard size room. If you are wanting a basic room and the rate is reasonable then this will be fine- Especially if you are going to be out and about.

There is a private entrance for hotel guests directly from Hollywood and Highland which is great for returning from shopping or if you want to grab a bite to eat in the hotel room. In the lobby my partner really enjoyed the water with fruit/ Cucumber it was refreshing in the mornings.

The atmosphere in the hotel did feel abit 'pretensious', however given the location of the hotel this was expected.

Overall,the stay was fine. It did not exceed our expectations but met them ok.

Room Tip: A High floor is a must- I would book the room catagory above the standard room, to avoid dissapointm...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Mexico City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Im writting here because I hope it helps travelers to dont suffer the same experience as me and my bfriend did, we arrived on August 18th, our flight got in early so the receptionist was very kind to check us in early, great room, greal location, everything was going well...until we left the hotel and realized we were missing $400 usd, we put the passports and more cash in the save so that money and documents were there, but we left an envelope inside a suitcase with extra cash, and when we unpacked, the money was gone...I called the hotel, talked to security, explained the situation and he asked me if I wanted to make a report, I did and till today I have not heard back...he explained they are only responsible for what is placed in the save and ok, our mistake to trust we could leave our bags opened, Im not expecting to get the money back, as I explained to the security guy, but the hotel needs to know they have employees stealing from guests...so heres my experience, hope this help future guest to lock all your bags and make sure you dont miss anything while you stay there!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is now owned by the Lowes group of hotels and was recommended by a friend to be in the best location to visit the main tourist places - he wasn't wrong! Right in the heart of Hollywood district, this hotel was clean, the pool was lovely and the rooms were of nice condition, all the staff were so helpful and made our four night stay very pleasureable. A very good fitness suite is alongside the pool and the children loved it.The view from our room was the 'Hollywood' sign on the hill and to the back of the hotel was the shopping mall, chinese theatre, Hollywood boulevard, Sunset boulevard with Beverly Hills and Rodeo drive just a couple of miles down the road - top tourist spot to stay!
Go out to Santa Monica and do a bike ride along the coast it's great fun and such fun although Venice beach does look a little so-so but absolutely fine during the day.

Room Tip: Go for a VIP room on the 19th/20th floors as they don't cost much more and you get free WiFi , a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cornwall, UK.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights in May, absolutely gorgeous hotel!!!!! We stayed on the 15th floor with views of the Los Angeles sky line and the Hollywood sign!!!! The room was spotless and the hotel overall was amazing!!! You only have to walk 30 seconds out of the hotel and your in the Hollywood highland centre and kodak theatre!!! Would definitely stay here again if I ever re-visit and recommend it highly!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had a great stay at this location. Perfectly located if you want to see Hollywood, Universal and Griffith Park. Grauman's, the Kodak Theatre, The Highlands Hollywood and Hollywood Blvd; it's all right there outside the door. It is an older building, but the room we were in was recently renovated and, from inside, you would not know it was older. Our room was quite large and decorated in a modern style you'd expect in Hollywood. It's convenient to several venues downtown, which was the reason for our stay, so you can avoid driving if you plan to have a few drinks. We found this to be a lovely hotel and will return in the near future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel in February (for the 5th straight year in conjunction with the Oscars). The hotel during this period buzzes with activity. The rooms I have stayed in have all been clean and the bed comfortable. The pool area has a nice relaxed atmosphere. There is a workout facility that is attached to the pool with enough equipment to keep a person busy. The lounge area in the lobby is a great place to people watch. Valet parking is convenient, as self parking in the massive parking garage at Hollywood-Highland can be a 10-15 minute chore. Parking rates can also be on the high side. Hollywood itself is pretty much a tourist trap and at night can be a place you want to watch your back. East of Highland is still dumpy. The scene to the west of Highland would be more of place to go.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hollywood Renaissance Suites? Share your experiences!