“Tasty” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Addiction Bistro

The Addiction Bistro
408 N La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90048 (Central L.A)
+1 323-203-1793
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #175 of 8,891 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian, American, German, Southwestern
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Description: Thank you for visiting The Addiction! We specialize in Homemade Food. From the pork belly, beef cheek, gnocchi, hot dogs and sausages to the burgers, chili, sauerkraut, cole slaw, & cornbread right on down to the ketchups, mustards, pickles, aiolis, and relish...all are original recipes from the mind of Chef Johnny (our chef and owner). We even have some unexpected gems such as Homemade Hand-cut Belgian Fries, the Best Caesar Salad anywhere, and Fantastic Homemade Ice Creams! You won't find a collection of more original, inventive, diverse, and flavorful food anywhere on the globe. And, everything can be enjoyed by those adhering to a GLUTEN-FREE diet. While you'll have to ask for the Gluten-Free version of our buns and pasta, everything else on the menu is gluten-free...from the homemade hot dogs and sausage, to the cornbread and brownies, even the Cookies and Cream Ice Cream...all are gluten-free. Since Johnny is gluten intolerant you can be assured our gluten-free food is fantastic and NOT some afterthought thrown onto the menu to draw in the gluten-free community. We also have a full VEGAN menu with equivalents to every item on our traditional menu! At The Addiction Bistro we believe in REAL FOOD...no gimmicks, no hype, no fluff to seduce you...simply the best recipes that have been kept a secret for generations and further perfected by Chef Johnny over the last 40 years. Our Promise to YOU...we'll always use the highest quality ingredients to prepare the finest, most delicious food you've ever tasted.
Ontario, California
“Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

The service was very good and the owner is very friendly. The Chili is very good and I like that I can get a small bowl of only chili (without a burger or dog) and taste all the flavors that the Chili has to offer and without overeating. I have enjoyed several different Chili's and love that they are homemade flavors. The Ice Cream is also homemade. I tried two so far, Chocolate Grand Marnier & Caramel Sea Salt, and while they were both a very nice creamy texture, I personally didn't care for the flavor all that much, but then again I'm not much of an Ice Cream eater.. My boyfriend loved the Ice Cream! The atmosphere is small and cozy. The parking can be great OR horrible depending on whether or not you can get one of their 4-6 parking spaces behind the restaurant.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles
“Missed the mark entirely”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

I live very close to this restaurant and was very excited for it to open!! I love good chili and good sausage!! this place, however, failed on all levels. I spoke with the owner for quite a while and tasted several of the different chilis, but when I finally placed my order and got home to eat it I found that the meat they used in the chili was so fatty and grisley that it ruined the experience. Further, they had convinced me to go for broke and get all kinds of extra toppings and such on the sausage and when I got home it was just a sausage and a bun with none of the extras I had paid for. The icing on the cake was when I called them and told them that they didnt seem to believe me and said, "next time youre here we'll throw some grilled onions on it for free then.."
The place is expensive and not worth it. So sad.

• Visited December 2010