“Shady area, parking a nightmare” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #76 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Florence, Kentucky
“Shady area, parking a nightmare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

The area and parking would have been a deal breaker had I known what I know now. The other reviews stated it wasn't so bad. Ok, so why do all the buildings around have bars on the windows and very high fences around their property? It is a bad area, and there are gang signs on the property just across the street. The majority of parking is tandem so if you have to park blocking another car you have to turn in your car keys to the clerk at the desk. Not so terrible unless you happen to be blocked in by a person who did not turn in their car keys or leave any information of who the car belongs to. This happened on our very first night. We came back to the hotel around 10 in the evening and a couple were trying to leave. A very large SUV was blocking their car and no one at the hotel knew who it belong to and did not have the keys. They finally were able to move all the cars on both sides and slowly inch their way out but it made me very wary of being parked there after that.
Now the breakfast room. It is on the third floor, heat rises correct? Well it is the exact size of the hotel room. The bedroom is all the seating there is and all the food is in what is the size of the bathroom. All the hot appliances, coffee pot, waffle maker, toaster are all going with no AC vent, no fan, nothing to cool the room off. It had to be 110 degrees in there. I guess they wanted to make sure no one stayed long.
The hotel is very new, rooms are very nice, but I would not recommend staying there unless you are very brave and take a taxi. I spoke with most of the clerks at the front desk over the few days we were there and none of them were very helpful about giving directions in the area.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

This hotel was a decent price, decently decorated and nice staff. The front desk guys were accomodating. The breakfast & housekeeping staff were also nice. The decor was clean and modern. The breakfast was in a cute small room, with a decent selection of foods. The exercise room was small, but clean. The main machine wasn't working.
The location was nice-close to Burbank airport. Add a pool, and voila, you have a decent place at a decent price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

My husband and adult children recently visited LA to check out the tourist attractions. We were very impressed with this hotel but were initially skeptical as the prices were low. However, we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were modernly decorated and very clean. Each of our rooms had a microwave and mini fridge which is always nice for leftovers and water. Our continental breakfast was perfect and much appreciated-my husband enjoyed fresh waffles every morning while I enjoyed cerial and toast. My boys all enjoyed the selection of pastries as well as some scrambled eggs and juice. We were extremely happy with the helpful desk staff. Every time we asked for directions or suggestions of places to eat and shop, they were quick to help and even printed off directions for us. The location of this hotel was also great as was pretty central to where we needed to go. Definately recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting LA.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Prior to the last night of my stay I would have said 4-5 stars based on "value" in the LA area, but I have to rate lower as we felt we almost lost our lives.
This place once in the doors is wonderful in appearance. New everything because a new building. Loved the clean and huge room including huge bathroom. Gotta love the huge long counter for all my beauty products. House keeping was wonderful and nice.
HUGE SECURITY ISSUE! The front door is open to anyone and not locked ever. This hotel is in a BAD area of town even the desk clerk said this. Probably why no female clerks worked there the 8 yes 8 nights we stayed. The 3rd floor smelt like POT and we just dismissed it. My sister left after visiting and was harrased and chased by a guy saying his girlfriend was staying in this hotel somewhere sleeping around on him.. he begged her to have sex with him and chased her down the steps to the desk clerk and a guest waiting to check in. She was screaming this guy is chasing and harrasing me. The crazy guy says no I am security I am security. The front desk guy says no you are not get out of here. If you come back I'm calling the cops!
My sister had to be walked out to her car! This door is unlocked and open most of the time and it opens close to the bad street!! GET A LOCK!!!
I felt bad as our car got hit parked in the lot too by one of the clerks eager to leave work too.. he felt bad and nicely fixed the rental car and discounted our room one night 50% off.
This place is fine I feel for business travelers, but not for children to leave during the night, women alone etc. My family overall was fine as we stayed in at night or were in a group.

Another tip.. the refrigerator motor is warm and refrigerator is in a cupboard. We had to take it out otherwise it smells like burning motor and wood.

There are no blankets on the bed, but just a sheet and a heavy comforter. It was hard sleeping because either too cold or too hot... sounds silly, but I prefer a lighter blanket.. lol

HOPE THIS HELPS!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Victorville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed here when we went to a business party at the Magic Castle back in September. We were on a budget and all hotels (even dirty motels) in the West Hollywood area were way too expensive. We booked the Best Western for about 70 dollars through Name Your Price on Priceline.

We arrived at 4pm and checked in without any line or hassles. The room was fantastic! It was big (the bathroom was HUGE) and had plantation shutters with a window we could actually open (I love fresh air in hotel rooms). The television was a big flat screen and we brought our dvd player to hook up to it. We also brought our laptop since they had FREE wifi!

It only took us 10 minutes to get to the Magic Castle in West Hollywood. We noticed Universal City is super close to the hotel (we passed exits for Universal Studios within 3 minutes of driving).

Upon arriving back at the hotel (around 2am) the parking garage was near capacity. There was one spot available on the double car side, so we had to drop our keys at the front desk so that they could move our car if the person parked in front of us needed to get out. This was basically the only con of our trip. I do not feel comfortable leaving our ONE keypad to our brand new car with a complete stranger in Los Angeles. Oh well, though!

Breakfast in the morning was pretty good. They had a waffle maker, muffins, eggs, cereal, and english muffins. I've had better breakfasts, but for the price we paid for the room, this one was good!

All in all, this hotel is new, clean, and pretty conveniently located. Other than the neighborhood it's in (kind of shady...dirty neighborhood) and the parking situation, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone who's on a budget looking for a nice place to stay in the Hollywood area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Ballwin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I was looking for a simple, clean hotel close to Grace Community Church where I would be attending a 4 day conference. Since the commute would be daily, I was looking foremost at proximity and price. What I got was way beyond my expectations!

The hotel is in an area which would have otherwise caused me to pass over it. Even though the grounds and facility are immaculate, I would have been distracted by the rough-looking neighborhood. However, since I went largely by TripAdvisor ratings, I was confident in my choice and didn't flinch when I drove right up.

Check in was efficient and speedy. My room was fantastic. I have stayed in Hilton's which were inferior to what I had at this hotel. Clean, crisp decoration, nice furniture, very comfortable bed and excellent TV and wi-fi. My room was right across fromt the complimentary hot breakfast which was great. I didn't bother with the room coffee since I could go across the hall and get the "real thing" without the fuss.

The hotel had a small fitness room but I didn't use it. Looked like it would do the job though.

I was hungry for lunch and wasn't sure if I could try to walk somewhere or not. I checked with the front desk and was referred to a Mexican seafood specialty restaurant on the diagonal corner. I took the suggestion and was very happy that I did.

Do not be overly concerned about the suspicious-looking surroundings. This place is a GEM and you will be happy you stayed at the Best Western Burbank Airport Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here for two nights at the end of a two weeks long vacation in Florida, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Of all the hotels we stayed, we liked this better. We had one or the other to complain about in almost all the hotels but this was refreshing and surprising for a change. The room was clean, had all the amenities, everything was in working condition, continental breakfast was nice, and there was free parking. Parking is limited, may be cramped at night when spaces fill up and left turn to hotel from the opposite side of the road is not legal. Breakfast items can be replenished a little more often but that is based on two days of observation only. This place is a little than five miles from the main LA attractions but with a rented car, we could enjoy all of them.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Burbank Airport Inn? Share your experiences!