“Close to UCLA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of UCLA Tiverton House

UCLA Tiverton House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
UCLA Tiverton House
You added UCLA Tiverton House to your Saves list
900 Tiverton Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024 (Westside)   |
Vancouver, Washington
“Close to UCLA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We have been staying here for the past 6+ years while I have been having checkups. The rooms are clean and very affordable. We are withing walking distant of the Medical Center and my Doctors office. We are also within walking distance of some local resturants. The rooms are quiet and very clean. A Continental breakfast is served with a good choice of items. The staff is friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here with my husband when I had a medical procedure at UCLA. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast was better the expected, really fresh pastries and juices included. It often fills up quickly so book as early as possible. I personally feel that it should be used for medical patients but many young people stay there also. It is a block downhill from the Medical Plaza and there is a shuttle that they can call if the walk either way is too much. There is a nice lounge area and a few patio areas that are great for a change of scenery or for visitors. They also always have hot coffee and tea. The rooms are very clean even if the decor is a bit old. There is also a wonderful indoor play area for small children. There is a wonderful grocery store across the street and a full community kitchen which gives you many food options. I was able to go on their computer and print out my boarding passes. My husband though his bed was lumpy but I thought mine was fine. The only problem I encountered was transportation on Sunday which is the day we left. We were told that since the medical shuttle did not run on Sunday, the hotel security van would take us to the the FlyAway bus because I couldn't walk. The receptionist called when we were ready and apparently the person in charge that day refused to accommodate us. They called us a taxi which we ended up taking to the airport. Had we known that earlier, we would have checked out other options to get to the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

If you are looking for clean, affordable rooms near the Westwood campus, and the Ronald Reagan Medical Center, UCLA Tiverton House is for you. We were quite pleased with our
immaculate, large, and quiet room (much like the ambience of a hospital), and the perks the hotel offered--free wifi, a game room featuring air hockey, foosball, and a TV, a large welcoming lobby well-stocked with newspapers, cozy chairs, and a myriad of flavors of hot teas and coffees available around the clock, and a common kitchen. It was convenient to have a Ralph's grocery store (with fabulous deli sandwiches, salads, and beverages) right across the street and we enjoyed the hotel's deluxe continental breakfast (including fresh bakery chocolate croissants, scones, muffins, danish, whole grain toast, bagels, cereals, fresh fruits, hard boiled eggs, yogurts, and beverages) served graciously in the morning by a dashing dark gentleman staff member who, no doubt, was French.

We like to print out our boarding passes the day before our flights and attempted to do that in the hotel's business room. Due to technical difficulties with the printer, and the concierge's lack of skills in remedying the problem, we were unable to print our passes beforehand. It would be helpful to have a staff member with computer training, in proximity to the hotel, who can assist when these issues arise.

If you have time to wander around Westwood, from the Tiverton House you can cross Le Conte Avenue and continue to 777 Tiverton Drive (next to the School of Dentistry) and behold the campus' gem--Mathias Botanical Garden, a 7 acre garden containing plant specimens from all over the world. Our twenty minute stroll in the garden took us along dirt trails through forests of redwoods, bamboo, ferns, and desert plants, meandering down to koi and turtle ponds and an unexpected waterfall. Of particular interest were the pinecones on the trail that were the size of small watermelons and the multitude of signs warning us to tred cautiously through this respite from urban life (and to keep a watchful eye out for more falling cones). Picnic tables and benches were provided at some of the most beautiful observation points.

Favorite Westwood haunts--800 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria, 10889 Lindbrook Drive, where you can design your own pizza, and Diddy Riese, 926 Broxton Avenue, a build your own ice cream sandwich establishment which is delectable and affordable. The lines outside these two establishments are a testament to the memorable dining experiences promised inside. We also loved visiting, and sampling our way through, Westwood's open air Farmers' Market, held Thursdays in the downtown area (look for the colorful umbrellas), which features the very best summertime harvest from the Golden State.

Room Tip: Hotel computers were available for us to use but we were not allowed to print our next day flight bo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The first thing I noticed upon entering was the friendly staff. I had stayed there with my classmates when we had come for an exchange program to UCLA. It was about 20 mins walk from the hotel every morning, though you
can hop into one of the buses from opposite the hotel. The rooms are spacious, free wi-fi provided. Ralph's super market is across the street, making it convenient to pick up anything that you might need during your
stay. Breakfast was decent, tea and coffee are available round the clock.
The is a common kitchen which you can use. Besides, there are a couple of good restaurants down the road and, if you can explore around, there are some fine dining in Westwood Village area. The location was good, close proximity to the touristy places. We had booked a couple of tours and they had a pick-up spot from Tiverton, hence very convenient.

• Stayed July 2012
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

A great value in Westwood. I have stayed here multiply times, room availability, staff friendliness and proximity to UCLA without peer. Additionally, included parking and no room tax add to its value.

• Stayed May 2012
Palm Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Tiverton House several times while having a procedure and follow ups at UCLA Medical Center...The location, service and price are excellent.

Included in the fare are a continental breakfast and internet service. The staff are friendly and efficient.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here on two occasions. We were here for my wife who was diagnosed with cancer and had to have surgery. The place was very nice and the people there were very accomodating..I only have one problem..Being the Tiverton House is mainly for people who are either at UCLA for a medical problem or visiting a family member, this place books up fast and is very hard to get a reservation. I think that they should consider patients first when booking a room. I have to come back again and I cannot get a room.It doesnt seem fair if you need to be here and that you cannot book a room because they already booked them to others who do not need any medical visits or surgerys.To make it fair, they should ask the guest to show that they have an appointment with a doctor at UCLA being that they are a hotel for UCLA..Their prices are very reasonable and most people who need a room will go there first and it doesnt make it fair for the ones that really need to be there for a medical problem..That is the only thing I do not like about the Tiverton House.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family