“Mid-range, good place to stay near UCLA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of UCLA Tiverton House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
UCLA Tiverton House
You added UCLA Tiverton House to your Saves list
900 Tiverton Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024 (Westside)   |
Singapore, Singapore
“Mid-range, good place to stay near UCLA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The first thing I noticed upon entering was the friendly staff. I had stayed there with my classmates when we had come for an exchange program to UCLA. It was about 20 mins walk from the hotel every morning, though you
can hop into one of the buses from opposite the hotel. The rooms are spacious, free wi-fi provided. Ralph's super market is across the street, making it convenient to pick up anything that you might need during your
stay. Breakfast was decent, tea and coffee are available round the clock.
The is a common kitchen which you can use. Besides, there are a couple of good restaurants down the road and, if you can explore around, there are some fine dining in Westwood Village area. The location was good, close proximity to the touristy places. We had booked a couple of tours and they had a pick-up spot from Tiverton, hence very convenient.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

A great value in Westwood. I have stayed here multiply times, room availability, staff friendliness and proximity to UCLA without peer. Additionally, included parking and no room tax add to its value.

• Stayed May 2012
Palm Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Tiverton House several times while having a procedure and follow ups at UCLA Medical Center...The location, service and price are excellent.

Included in the fare are a continental breakfast and internet service. The staff are friendly and efficient.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here on two occasions. We were here for my wife who was diagnosed with cancer and had to have surgery. The place was very nice and the people there were very accomodating..I only have one problem..Being the Tiverton House is mainly for people who are either at UCLA for a medical problem or visiting a family member, this place books up fast and is very hard to get a reservation. I think that they should consider patients first when booking a room. I have to come back again and I cannot get a room.It doesnt seem fair if you need to be here and that you cannot book a room because they already booked them to others who do not need any medical visits or surgerys.To make it fair, they should ask the guest to show that they have an appointment with a doctor at UCLA being that they are a hotel for UCLA..Their prices are very reasonable and most people who need a room will go there first and it doesnt make it fair for the ones that really need to be there for a medical problem..That is the only thing I do not like about the Tiverton House.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Fortaleza, CE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights. Our rate of $120 without tax, and including parking (both my wife and I had appointments at the UCLA Medical Center) was exceptional for the location in upscale Westwood, across the street from UCLA. I believe the regular rate is $135 (not sure about tax on that rate). The building is nice. The rooms are average in size and a bit outdated in amenities (A/C was rather old, quirky and a bit noisy; they have finally started a project to install WiFi access in the rooms). One can access WiFi in public areas of the hotel, and there are two PCs in a business center, which we were usually able to use if we timed it right. No in-room safe but there is one at the front desk. There was one large laundry room, with several washers and dryers.

The free breakfast was so-so and the tables were filled on many occasions (we took our trays and walked downstairs to eat on an outdoor patio area). There are lots and lots of restaurants, ranging from fast food to upscale, in the area, and a supermarket across the street. At least 3 movie theatres are within walking distance. I believe there is a shuttle to the UCLA Medical Center, but it's so close we walked. Several bus lines, of the L.A., Santa Monica and Culver City bus companies go through Westwood.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

My mom booked the hotel since we were going to see her doctor at UCLA. She's been here before and has ALWAYS been pleased. This was the first time I had ever been and I have to say that I really loved the staff. We got there before the 3pm check-in and the staff was nice enough to hold our bags in their back room for us so we wouldn't have to lug them around. When we checked in, the guest service desk clerk was very courteous and gave us maps of UCLA and a list of nearby attractions. The room was very clean and well stocked with shampoos, lotions, etc. The beds were comfy, too. The housekeeper was a sweetheart. When my mom asked if we could have some more of these little makeup remover wipes, she gave us like 25 packets of them! She was very nice to talk to and was genuinely concerned for our reason for visiting there. Each and every person was welcoming. I loved it and will definitely consider them again when visiting UCLA.

Room Tip: Rooms are provided at a discount rate for UCLA patients