“Average rooms but super location and free parking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of UCLA Tiverton House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
UCLA Tiverton House
You added UCLA Tiverton House to your Saves list
900 Tiverton Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024 (Westside)   |
Fortaleza, CE
“Average rooms but super location and free parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights. Our rate of $120 without tax, and including parking (both my wife and I had appointments at the UCLA Medical Center) was exceptional for the location in upscale Westwood, across the street from UCLA. I believe the regular rate is $135 (not sure about tax on that rate). The building is nice. The rooms are average in size and a bit outdated in amenities (A/C was rather old, quirky and a bit noisy; they have finally started a project to install WiFi access in the rooms). One can access WiFi in public areas of the hotel, and there are two PCs in a business center, which we were usually able to use if we timed it right. No in-room safe but there is one at the front desk. There was one large laundry room, with several washers and dryers.

The free breakfast was so-so and the tables were filled on many occasions (we took our trays and walked downstairs to eat on an outdoor patio area). There are lots and lots of restaurants, ranging from fast food to upscale, in the area, and a supermarket across the street. At least 3 movie theatres are within walking distance. I believe there is a shuttle to the UCLA Medical Center, but it's so close we walked. Several bus lines, of the L.A., Santa Monica and Culver City bus companies go through Westwood.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

My mom booked the hotel since we were going to see her doctor at UCLA. She's been here before and has ALWAYS been pleased. This was the first time I had ever been and I have to say that I really loved the staff. We got there before the 3pm check-in and the staff was nice enough to hold our bags in their back room for us so we wouldn't have to lug them around. When we checked in, the guest service desk clerk was very courteous and gave us maps of UCLA and a list of nearby attractions. The room was very clean and well stocked with shampoos, lotions, etc. The beds were comfy, too. The housekeeper was a sweetheart. When my mom asked if we could have some more of these little makeup remover wipes, she gave us like 25 packets of them! She was very nice to talk to and was genuinely concerned for our reason for visiting there. Each and every person was welcoming. I loved it and will definitely consider them again when visiting UCLA.

Room Tip: Rooms are provided at a discount rate for UCLA patients
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
San Rafael, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

Visited my daughter at UCLA for her birthday and stayed here one night, as rate was lowest (no tax is charged) and parking was free. They would not let me check-in early, but let me park for free until check-out time. Very convenient to UCLA; rooms are pretty basic, but come with small refrigerator, iron, hair dryer, etc. Good continental breakfast and tea all day long. It is mostly used for those associated with the medical center, so it can be depressing environment. Parking area was great - large slots, etc. and nice not to have to valet park. Noise level between floors was high - I was on second floor and could hear people moving around in room above. Get the top floor is possible!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Florida, US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

We stayed here while a family member was hospitalized, using it for a place to shower and rest between shifts staying with our patient. Tiverton House isn't shiny and new, but is well maintained and clean. Staff is pleasant and helpful. It was very convenient to the hospital, to walk or take the shuttle provided. It's family friendly with a playroom for small kids, a game room, laundry, refrigerators in room, a kitchen for guest use and decent breakfast . I found it to be quiet and somehow a peaceful place, in spite of the fact it seems to stay full most of the time. If you need a place close to the hospital, I recommend booking ahead.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to UCLA Tiverton House? Share your experiences!