“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Ottawa
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights while visiting LA. Price was right and the staff were very friendly. When we stayed they were undergoing renos to being this heritage building back to its former beauty. We stayed in an updated room and never noticed any evidence of construction ie noise,dust etc. Room was modern and clean. Free wifi. The hotel is in korea town which is safe and fine to walk around at night. Great location for LA. A quick and easy drive to downtown,Hollywood,santa monica. If you love Korean food there are a ton of great Korean places within walking distance. The only knock on the place is the$28 parking rate. You can find a much cheaper alternative in a garage nearby. You just won't get in and out privileges. Loved it and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Luke K, Manager at Hotel Normandie LA, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. This review has been shared with the entire team, and they are grateful for your feedback.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Los Angeles.

Hotel Normandie Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights. The room was in excellent condition, clean, and well-maintained.
Unfortunately, I was placed between two noisy guest rooms. People were rowdy, noisy and unrelenting. I did mention this to 2 people at the front-desk while checking out, and wrote an email to the hotel but never heard back from them. I will not stay there again. Also, my room had no clock. I was told one would be put in the room but this never happened. I will not stay here again. Seems like management has some issues here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your feedback. Regarding the issues during your stay, we have further trained our front desk team to better deal with situations like this in the future.

We hope that you understand and will try us again in the future. Please let us know how we can be of further assistance.

Hotel Normandie Team
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I booked on Priceline and did not know anything about the hotel prior to arriving. I arrived after a five-hour flight so needless to say I was ready to unwind. The understated 1920's style is a refreshing break from the frenetic pace of the city. The staff immediately makes you feel at home. I was immediately greeted by three staffers to check me in, valet my car, and take my luggage. I travel a lot and it's nice to be welcomed by a friendly staff who makes you feel at home and treats you as a valued guest.

The rooms are simple and elegant with the historic charm of the 1920s. The beds are the most comfortable of any of the dozens of hotels I have stayed in this year. And when it comes to a hotel, what detail could be more important.

I look forward to coming back next time I stay in LA and eating at the soon-to-open restaurant. A great value and a great hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

My love and I stayed here this past weekend for an early birthday night out. The hotel is full of character, charm, style, and great amenities. The one and only fault I found was with the lack of counter space in the bathroom. There was no place for my curling iron, make-up bag or other toiletries. Overall, a very nice place with a feel like you're in a city other than L.A. We'll be back to check out the bar and restaurant when they open. Thank you for a great experience!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was a little skeptical given the location and newness of the Hotel Normandie, but that all changed the second I walked into the lobby and experienced a warm greeting from the desk staff. This is a gorgeous historic renovation that is being renewed with obvious painstaking details. Work is still underway; food and beverage services are slated to come online within the next few months. But my room was completely renovated with tasteful style and comfort. I slept like a baby in the new bed. My room was positioned with an interior view and was completely quiet. Housekeeping was top-notch and the staff couldn't have been nicer! I look forward to returning next biz trip to LA! (And the offbeat KoreaTown location is actually very convenient -- I was minutes to both West Hollywood and downtown's Staples Center / LA Live area.)

Room Tip: The spacious suites are worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed here in AUG2012 and they were undergoing renovations. The entrance is awesome, you can see the character from the earlier days and they are keep the theme which is great. I can see 1920s weddings and events being held here once they are complete. The rooms are basic as well, this is not your fancy modern day hotel, this is your classic style hotel with a bed and a bathroom. I liked the location and it was close to other events I had to attend. I can see myself staying here again when I need that escape from the hustle and bustle of tech overwhelming. The staff was nice and rates were cheap. Good to see they are keeping this place in style with the original!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Luke K, Manager at Hotel Normandie LA, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the review. We hope you get to return to us soon, because we have made many changes since your stay in August of 2012, and continue our renovation efforts to provide a fantastic hotel to our guests.

Come back soon!

Hotel Normandie LA Team
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Got this hotel on Priceline. Great price. Just a few miles from downtown. Nicely renovated. Rooms are like new. Great bed and bedding. Nice flat screen tv. Free wifi.

Many Korean restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for writing us a review. We are so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the neighborhood.

Look out in the future, because we are still finishing our renovations that will include our own restaurants, lounges and event space!

We hope you can stay with us again in the near future!

Hotel Normandie LA Team

Been to Hotel Normandie LA? Share your experiences!