“Concert at the Greek” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Riverside, California
“Concert at the Greek”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

My love and I stayed here this past weekend for an early birthday night out. The hotel is full of character, charm, style, and great amenities. The one and only fault I found was with the lack of counter space in the bathroom. There was no place for my curling iron, make-up bag or other toiletries. Overall, a very nice place with a feel like you're in a city other than L.A. We'll be back to check out the bar and restaurant when they open. Thank you for a great experience!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was a little skeptical given the location and newness of the Hotel Normandie, but that all changed the second I walked into the lobby and experienced a warm greeting from the desk staff. This is a gorgeous historic renovation that is being renewed with obvious painstaking details. Work is still underway; food and beverage services are slated to come online within the next few months. But my room was completely renovated with tasteful style and comfort. I slept like a baby in the new bed. My room was positioned with an interior view and was completely quiet. Housekeeping was top-notch and the staff couldn't have been nicer! I look forward to returning next biz trip to LA! (And the offbeat KoreaTown location is actually very convenient -- I was minutes to both West Hollywood and downtown's Staples Center / LA Live area.)

Room Tip: The spacious suites are worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed here in AUG2012 and they were undergoing renovations. The entrance is awesome, you can see the character from the earlier days and they are keep the theme which is great. I can see 1920s weddings and events being held here once they are complete. The rooms are basic as well, this is not your fancy modern day hotel, this is your classic style hotel with a bed and a bathroom. I liked the location and it was close to other events I had to attend. I can see myself staying here again when I need that escape from the hustle and bustle of tech overwhelming. The staff was nice and rates were cheap. Good to see they are keeping this place in style with the original!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Luke K, Manager at Hotel Normandie LA, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the review. We hope you get to return to us soon, because we have made many changes since your stay in August of 2012, and continue our renovation efforts to provide a fantastic hotel to our guests.

Come back soon!

Sincerely:

Hotel Normandie LA Team
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Got this hotel on Priceline. Great price. Just a few miles from downtown. Nicely renovated. Rooms are like new. Great bed and bedding. Nice flat screen tv. Free wifi.

Many Korean restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for writing us a review. We are so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the neighborhood.

Look out in the future, because we are still finishing our renovations that will include our own restaurants, lounges and event space!

We hope you can stay with us again in the near future!

Sincerely:

Hotel Normandie LA Team
Stilwell, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had a bad experience at another hotel in the area and had to switch in the middle of our trip and ended up here. Great choice!! THE STAFF IS SO NICE AND FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL!! This hotel is so clean & adorable. LOVED IT!!

• Stayed October 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a fabulous hotel - still going through renovations but no disruption or noise. Soon to be dining and bar apparently. Everything is fresh and new in the rooms, lovely bed and pillows. I've stayed in 2 different rooms (standard) and although one was small and perfectly adequate for one or two nights, because I was staying here 5 nights, they moved me to a larger room. Fantastic staff, very helpful and I feel very welcome here. As we will be regular visitors to LA, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Lots of restaurants nearby and feel safe on my own. Oh - and the wall plugs have USB sockets.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently stayed the night here with my daughter and our dog. I gotta say, it was great!

Pros:

* Hardwood floors were great for pets
* My daughter loved that there were 2 types of pillows on the bed, one firm, one soft
* Shower water pressure was AMAZING! Towels were very soft
* Front desk suggested us to go to the Boiling Crab right down the street and it was EXCELLENT! Great recommendation and so nice that it was walking distance.
* Valet service was quick and friendly. At first the price caught me off guard of $28.00 a night, but it was such a good service, that I didn't mind paying for it in the end.

Cons:

* Draperies were difficult to close. We had some light streaming in, because we had difficulty closing them. They were very heavy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Normandie LA? Share your experiences!