“Lovely little stop for strudel & coffee” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #136 of 8,644 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: A quaint, European style bakery and cafe serving homemade strudels, crepes, traditional pastas, & authentic goulash. Plus organic coffee & fine tea!
Moses Lake
“Lovely little stop for strudel & coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We were referred to this little gem of a shop by the staff at the hotel we stayed at in San Pedro. My daughter-in-law is a pastry chef and she enjoys visiting bakeries as we travel. Small and cozy,
with warm , friendly service this is a fun stop for good coffee and delicious strudel. We were a group of 8, including 4 children 6 and under, which they easily, and happily accommodated. We felt welcomed and were treated with great service. Would love to return someday and try some of their other traditional Hungarian fare!

• Visited March 2014

California
“"Hungarian Delights near the Port of Los Angeles!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Less than a mile from the Los Angeles Cruise Line Terminal in San Pedro and 10 minutes from famous Alpine Village there is a great, family owned restaurant serving European pastries and food. Traditional Hungarian dishes include the signature Hungarian Goulash (the proper name is Gúlyás Leves) and pasta dishes topped with sweet cabbage, cottage cheese and bacon or beef. For dessert they serve delicious crepes (palacsinta) with various fillings - fruit jams, hazelnut, banana and nuts. Although strudel (retes) originated in Germany, it became a favorite, traditional Hungarian dessert as well. The specialty of the house - strudel - is served with about a dozen different flavors of fillings that you can eat warm right there or take it home in a frozen form. Coffee, espresso and various teas plus other juices are served to wash off the great food and sweets. They also serve breakfast every day. We sampled the goulash soup, crepes and took home several flavors of strudels on our first visit and vowed to return soon as well as to spread the word about this great little culinary spot. We know you will enjoy your visit, so go there soon!

• Visited March 2014
galveston, texas
“This was a sensational choice for breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Great strudel. Great coffee. A nice place for conversation with friends.
It is sorta small so only about 20-25 folks will fit inside. Check the time that they open each day.
We were looking for a breakfast place - in lieu of the Crown Plaza dining room - down the block. This is it!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Great breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was a wonderful place for breakfast. We ate here Saturday Jan 18, about 9:30 am meeting friends staying at the Crowne Plaza prior to embarking on a cruise. None of us had eaten (there were 6 of us) there before. Luckily, we got there when there was still room to push a couple of tables together so we could eat together. This is NOT a large restaurant and it is in San Pedro, not Los Angeles. Our waitress (sorry, I don't know her name) was efficient and very, very nice. She took our coffee orders immediately so we could study the menu enjoying the terrific coffee. The crepe was huge and could have fed 2. I had the Bacon & Egg Croissant which was perfect. Others raved about their strudel. You know this is a good restaurant when locals come in to pick up their breakfast. There are a couple of tables & chairs outside but it is on a non-descript street so there isn't a view and I think the exhaust of cars would ruin the delicious coffee aroma.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Torrance, California
“Best Strudel in Southern California”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I ran across a wonderful restaurant in San Pedro on 7th Street down the street from Ports of Call
area. It is fabulous. Since we recently visited northern Italy and the Prealps area, we have eaten
marvelous strudels. We were so pleasantly surprised to find a marvelous strudel shop right close to where we live in the South Bay area of Southern California. I first talked to Kay on the phone. She was the most wonderful, upbeat person to converse with. I had a great feel for the restaurant and looked forward to visiting it. When I visited it, I was so thrilled to be able to meet this marvelous person I talked to on the phone. I had their apple strudel and my husband had the cheese filled strudel. We loved every bite. The tea I had was excellent and the coffee was great also. On a second visit, I bought some apple strudel to go and tried a savory strudel. That one was to die for. It was so magnificent. I have raved to friends about my wonderful experiences at this restaurant. The strudels are so similar to the European strudel I have had. It is worth everyone's visit to check this place out.

• Visited September 2013