“wow” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Mint
6010 W. Pico Blvd. at Crescent Heights Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90035 (Central L.A)
1-323-954-9630
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 277 Nightlife in Los Angeles
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Clubs
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular downtown nightspot to catch a variety of musical acts.
“wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2005

wow i had a much differant experinace.... but then i was so focused on the food. this is one of the top small plate restaurants in LA.... yet no one knows about it yet!!!

amazing chef/ caterer/ restauranuter matthew gladstone... food is stunning... music is great... sometimes a bit loud ( been there 4 times)

“Rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2005

Went to this club a couple of weeks ago. To my dismay I experienced the most awful service known to mankind. One particular bartender was extremely rude and the wait staff was unapologetic about his behavior. We also overheard some comments made to some patrons who were at the bar about the act that was playing there and just thought that it was a very unproffesional move on this bartenders part. Management needs to address proper etiquette and train their employees to value the customers that come into their establishment.

“feedback on policy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2005

i also... went to the mint to see music.. and was told when i sat at the table... that there was a 10 per person minimum,... 10 is not a lot of money... to anyone.... so i ordered a cople of things... the food.. bar none... is some of the finest most creative.. interesting and flavorful i have ever experianced... in LA.. or california for that matter..

you.. my friend on the last post... missed an apportunity... i will bet you any $10 that you meal paled in comparioson .. whereever you ate!

if you go to a restaurnat... you need to eat.,.. you must realize that... taking up space... doesnt make sence for anyone..
as an added plus.. this restaurnat happens to be amazing!

“Can't recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2005

Went there last weekend to see a friend of mine's band, for the second time. Last time my wife and I sat at the bar and had drinks and dinner there. This time we were meeting friends, and my wife and I ate before we got there. My friends were already seated at a table when we got there, and were having dinner and drinks. We sat down and ordered a drink. The waitress asked if we would be having dinner and we said that we had just eaten, so she left. Five minutes later she came back and said there was a $10 food minimum to sit at a table. My wife and I said again that we had just eaten, but that we would be having a few drinks so wouldn't that cover it? She left, and five minutes later a man claiming to be the manager came by and said we had to get up from the table. Mind you, the place was barely half full, my friend's band was on, but we couldn't enjoy the music as we kept being interrupted. We tried again to talk to the manager but he insisted we get up. So all four of us went to the bar till the band finished, and didn't order anything more to drink. By insisting on us spending money to eat when we had just eaten, and by not having any signs anywhere telling you of their food policy, they have driven four good customers away for good.

A TripAdvisor Member
“The Mint is the best music club !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2003

The Mint is a legendary music venue in Los Angeles. Since 1937, The Mint has been a home away from home for musicians and music lovers alike. This is an intimate club that has featured historical live performances from the likes of: Taj Mahal, Gwen Stefani, Stvie Wonder, Willie Dixon, Macy Grey, The Neville Bros. Natalie Cole, The Wallflowers, Johnny Lee Hooker, Mazzy Star, Jeff Buckley, Ben Harper, Robben Ford, Bonnie Rait, Sheryl Crow, Daniel Lanois...and a huge growing list that goes on and on.... This is also my favorite nightspot because it has such a great crowd of people. The vibe is like New orleans or New York in Los Angeles. You can feel the music in the walls. The sound system is highly recognised as the best in town. There is also an incredible recording studio there too that you can actually see through a glass control room. Very cool. From the celebrities like Mick Jagger or other Stones who won't hesitate to jump up on stage for fun, to the staff that is always nice. The drinks and food are fantastic...and you can always discover new music there before it breaks like Boomkat and Gavin Degraw to name a few. Any ways, as you can I'm a big fan of The Mint.