“I thought this would be a high-class collection of outlets, not a Tijuana bazaar.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of LA Fashion District

LA Fashion District
110 E. 9th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90021 (Central L.A)
213 488 1153
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #120 of 310 Attractions in Los Angeles
Type: Neighborhoods, Cultural
Activities: Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: The LA Fashion District is a 100 block district in downtown Los Angeles and is the hub of the West Coast apparel industry. It caters to the wholesale and retail communities, with apparel and accessories for the entire family, textiles, flowers, live/work lofts, and restaurants. It is home to Santee Alley, an outdoor shopping bazaar, and notable showrooms such as the California Market Center, Cooper Building, New Mart where annual LA Fashion Markets, LA Fashion Week, and other industry related tradeshows happen. Art is omnipresent in the LA Fashion District and as part of downtown's Gallery Row, the Fashion District is home to several art galleries that hos an eclectic mix of artists throughout the year, including the monthly Art Walk.
Aiea, Hawaii
77 attraction reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

It wasn't what I expected, but I had good time anyway. We came thinking that it was some collection of high-end outlets where expensive clothes might be had on the cheap. What it really is is a bazaar lifted right out of Tijuana. It was crowded and crazy, but I thought it was fun. We bought a few clothing items, perhaps of questionable origin or quality but reasonable nonetheless. The crowds are mostly Hispanic but very friendly, more of a family atmosphere rather than a "hustle the tourists" type of place. There are too many vendors to count, food, clothes, trinkets, etc. I saw one large store just devoted to piñatas, fancy ones, too. Parking can be a challenge (as can trying to make a left turn) but there are dozens of hustlers with red flags aggressively trying to persuade you (in an entertaining manner) to park in their lots. We went just a ways past the heart of the district and easily found a meter (this was a weekday, mind you). The only thing unnerving was that this borders on East LA and we traveled through some pretty gritty areas after exiting the freeway before we hit the district. I would advise people to go spend half a day there with realistic expectations about "fashion" deals. Again, it was fun.

Visited June 2013

Victoria
“Saturday morning budget shopping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Been to LA 4 times and never miss this. It starts early Sat morning (5-6 am ?) and goes to10:30-11 am. The streets are lined with racks and tables mostly with clothes. Spanish and Korean are the official languages but everyone knows how to answer "how much?" If you don't like crowds, don't go. This is not for everyone. If you like paying $10 for 3 t-shirts, the same ones you will pay $12 each on Hollywood Blvd, then this is the place for you. Blouses-shirts for $5-8, jeans, belts, .shoes, ect. My wife and teenage daughters manage to fill a suitcase full of clothes at about 1/5 of what of what it would cost in Canada. Definitly not for the faint of heart, but a bargain shoppers paradise.

Visited July 2013
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
13 attraction reviews
“Worth a trip...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Unbelievable bargains to be found. Take cash, as they will charge you extra tax and card fees if you pay with credit card etc. Plenty to see and do, but alot of the shops start repeating themselves. For example...shoes, bags, clothes, perfume, shoes, bags, clothes, perfume...you get my drift. Not that I am complaining, it was bargain shopping, go there with plenty of time and lots of cash.

Visited June 2013
22 attraction reviews
“Cheap, cheap-looking clothes of in questionable fashions.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I felt like I was somewhere in Mexico City...and I lost my car because all the streets look the same and my wetware satnav let me down badly.

It's fun to look around and see the foods and people, but the clothes are ...how should I say it....I think Heidi Klum and Michael Kors would have to be carried away on gurneys.

Visited May 2013
SF BAY AREA
20 attraction reviews
“Shoppers Delight!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Make sure you take someone with you and park in a populated area. Not the best area, but great bargains! Plan ahead, take cash to maximize your purchases. Map out where you want to go and what stores and areas you wish to visit. I would definitely go back to get bargains there!

Visited April 2013