“Beautiful theatre, great day out.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pantages Theatre

Pantages Theatre
6233 Hollywood Blvd. at Vine, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Central L.A)
323-468-1770
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 310 Attractions in Los Angeles
Type: Performances, Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Theaters & Stadiums
More attraction details
Owner description: Opened in 1930 by a vaudeville magnate, the interior of this famous theater is one of the most stunning examples of high ornate Art Deco architecture in Los Angeles.
sunny California
23 attraction reviews
“Beautiful theatre, great day out.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This theatre is located in the heart of Hollywood and is beautiful. The shows are great and there isn't a bad seat in the house. The mezzanine seats can be a little tight for larger persons. The restrooms can become quite crowded during intermission, but are very well maintained and clean. The staff is extremely friendly and polite and are very willing to help with whatever you need. The parking is located across the street and is very tight! The spaces are small and they park 100's of cars in the lot. I recommend getting there early to get a good parking spot. I was once told to park in the aisle between cars and to leave my keys in the car. I didn't leave my car that day, I went to another lot. I highly recommend this venue for its uniqueness and beauty. There is no handicapped access to the mezzanine level. You must take 2 flights of stairs.

Visited January 2014

baltimore
15 attraction reviews
“Just take a look inside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Right on Hollywood just east of Vine, The lobby and seating area is out of this world. Even if you don't have a ticket you have to take a look inside. Also, as far as I could see there is not a bad seat in the house,

Los Angeles
16 attraction reviews
“Go to the Theatah!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This Art Deco landmark is a great venue. Such a beautiful place. I recommend though, that any tickets you buy are out from under the balcony. I never liked to have the balcony block my view of the stage. I also suggest using one of the higher floors for the restroom during intermission. The lines are usually shorter.

Visited March 2014
LA
7 attraction reviews
“beautiful venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The sound is the only criteria to take into consideration for your viewing pleasure. You need to get tickets anywhere except under the balcony area, as the sound gets a bit blocked there. So make sure to ask when making your reservations. Everything I have ever seen there has been of the highest of quality.

Orange, California
14 attraction reviews
“Great theater, parking & concessions could be improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I had not been to the Pantages for 10 years, but recently saw Book of Mormon. The iconic Art Deco theater at Hollywood and Vine is stunning and I recommend you go early to take in the view (however interior doors don't open until 1/2 hour before performance so don't go too early). We had great seats, but I do not think I would want to sit in the nosebleeds for obvious reasons.
Restrooms were at capacity during intermission, but my wife said the staff was very efficient at getting folks in and out. Concession lines were long, but I cannot comment on how fast they moved.
I checked the parking options nearby on the Internet before we left and unfortunately after arrival we found at least 2 of the sites were not available due to construction. While we eventually had no problem getting parking a block or two away, a little more information up front would have made it easier during rush hour.
Still a great place to see a performance.