“Wickedly wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pantages Theatre

Pantages Theatre
6233 Hollywood Blvd. at Vine, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Hollywood)
323-468-1770
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Opened in 1930 by a vaudeville magnate, the interior of this famous theater is one of the most stunning examples of high ornate Art Deco architecture in Los Angeles.
Gilroy, California
11 attraction reviews
“Wickedly wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

This was our first time to be at the Pantages Theater. Everything about our experience had the "wow" factor. The cast of Wicked were outstanding, the scenery wonderful, our seats were perfect, the orchestra equally perfect.

Visited December 2011

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
24 attraction reviews
“Art Deco is never outdated !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I visited the Pantages Theatre twice during this week and although I had been there before, this time I can tell why Art Deco is never outdated. My visit last week was to enjoy "The Cure" concert and last night I attended the opening of WICKED the musical. The Pantages Theatre's acoustics are phenomenal for either a concert or a play. The size of the Theatre is perfect because there is not a bad seat in the house. The mezzanine level has more comfortable seats (?) since the space between aisles is a little bit wider than Center Orchestra. The restrooms are well located and the bar in the center of the theater always provide an excellent service. I think that it's a wise idea not to let people take their drinks to their seats ;-)

Visited November 2011
Panorama City
“Classic Art Deco style Theater”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

The Pantages theater on Hollywood Blvd near Vine is the premier "Theater" venue in Los Angeles. Right in the heart of Hollywood, a 10 min walk from the Hollywood Highland complex.
If you are coming from downtown or the valley, take the Red Line subway, it drops you off right across the street. Subway tickets cheaper then the parking in the area.
The theater is beautiful inside, classic art deco style.
Seating has good sightlines until you get way over to the sides, avoid these seats!
Bathrooms get crazy crowded during intermission, be quick or hold it till after.
Refreshments available in lobby, but a theater prices. I prefer to wait until after, and then hit one of the numerous eateries in the area. Or get there early and eat beforehand.

Visited August 2011
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
11 attraction reviews
“Take notice of the details on the inside of this theater!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We went to see Beauty and the Beast at this theater. When I walked into the lobby, I stood there and just stared at the ceiling. Also, the staircase was beautiful to look at.

The downside to this theater was that it didn't offer enough steepness to its seating. I've been to other theaters, and the seats were steep enough so you can see over the row in front of you - your view is not obstructed at all. However, here at Pantages Theater, I could not see the show. I had to sit crookedly to be able to sneak a peek past the couple in front of me. And if either one of them moved, I had to readjust. Now sitting like that for the duration of the show made me quite grumpy.

Other than that, my experience there was wonderful.

Visited March 2011
Baltimore, MD
17 attraction reviews
“Great Theatre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

I have been to a half dozen theatres on Broadway and The Pantages was nicer than all of them combined. This is truly a first rate venue. Don’t hesitate to see a show there if you get the chance!