“Amazing - well worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hollywood Museum

The Hollywood Museum
1660 N. Highland Ave., Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA (Central L.A)
323-464-7776
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
Special Offer
$58*
and up
Hollywood Highlights and LA Beaches Tour from...
Ranked #54 of 310 Attractions in Los Angeles
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hollywood Museum, the official museum of Hollywood located in the Historic Max Factor Building, spotlights the Legends of Hollywood with the most extensive collection of authentic Hollywood memorabilia in the World. The museum features four floors of breathtaking exhibits and is the home of more than 10,000 authentic Showbiz Treasures, one-of-a-kind costumes, props, photographs, scripts and vintage collectibles from favorite movies and TV shows. The Hollywood Museum is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Sydney, Australia
11 attraction reviews
“Amazing - well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

We had to meet a friend of mine nearby so in order to kill time we thought we would visit this museum. Well I think we were in there for almost three hours. It was truly fascinating. I hadn't really heard of this museum before and was really only expecting to spend about 30mins to 40mins, but we were absolutely mesmerised by all the memorabillia.
Even if you're not that into old Hollywood actresses there is still heaps of other things to see and keep you amused. The costumes alone fascinated me. And the downstairs haunted area - woah. Don't go in there alone!
It's in a fabulous location right near the Highland Centre and Grumman Theatre so if you're in the area I would highly recommend a visit.

Southern California
8 attraction reviews
“Excellent collection in historic building”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I am a local, taking an out of town guest around Hollywood. The collection & display was surprisingly nice. Very interesting. Some of the placards were quite wordy and a bit hard to read through the display case. Very friendly staff.

breeanna1967
5 attraction reviews
“Overwhelming Amounts of Hollywood Memorabelia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I imagine some guests can walk through this museum in no time at all, as for me, I have been 3 times and still learn new things and see new props or costumes and every time I go, I plan hours to spend here. Originally Max Factor Studios, where Max himself would make up such celebrities as Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe, Lucille Ball (just to name a few) in rooms that were specific to their skin and hair colors. Today, those rooms still exist, but the museum itself is full of all sorts of Awesome Hollywood costumes and props and exhibits. LOVE this place.

Visited December 2011
Kansas City, Missouri
32 attraction reviews
“Nice quick stop!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I had a Go L.A. pass, so I decided to stop in and see the museum. It was a nice quick stop with a lot of artifacts. The second floor was closed, so I didn't get to see it all, but what I did see was fun. If you have the pass, go see it, but if not, you may want to pass.

Los Angeles, California
33 attraction reviews
“A Must See! hidden hollywood gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

This is one of the best museums in Los Angeles. It is filled with interesting history. My favorite part is the basement where I got to be on the actual set of Silence of the Lambs. Really awesome!!!