“A Second Visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 West Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015 (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Experience LA in Style
Ranked #9 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Orange, California
“A Second Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Ritz Carlton Los Angeles is located in the L.A. Live Complex where the Staples Center, The Nokia Center and The Grammy Museum is located, along with a host of other entertainment destinations and restaurants.

Upon entering the valet parking area, there were several attendants “working” but most of them were just standing around and not doing much. It took several minutes before I was help, and was asked to move my car myself. I thought the point of valet parking, along with the $42 parking fee, was that somebody was supposed to do this for you. I wouldn’t mind parking my own car if the $42 got refunded to me.

Upon entering the hotel, the front desk is located to the left. There were two front desk agents working and I was quickly assisted.

I was booked into a King Room with Club Lounge access, however I was informed that I had been further upgraded to an Executive Suite (which measures 1,200 square feet) with Club Lounge access. I am not sure if this was due to my prior experience, or the fact that the Stanley Cup was going on and the hotel was nearly sold out. Either way I was pleasantly surprised and grateful for the further upgrade.

The room boasted great views of the LA Live Complex including Staples Center and the Nokia Theater.

I was escorted to the room by the front desk agent, who also showed me the features of the room.

Upon entering the room, there is a zig-zagging hallway that lead to a T-intersection. From that point, the bedroom was to the right and the rest of the room was located to the left.

Upon entering the bedroom there is a small vanity area.

Past that is a hallway of sort with the closet on the right, and an area to store your luggage on the left.

To the left of the vanity area, the master bathroom is located to the right. The bathroom is long and somewhat narrow but huge.

There are two sinks with plenty of counter space. So much so that you could turn it into a bar if you wanted to. My main problem with the sinks was the type and location of the faucets. Although they are nice, they are located so high above the sink and the water comes out with so much force that placing your hands under the running water caused it to be splashed all over the place. I felt like I was back at Niagara Falls.

The toiled is located opposite the sinks behind frosted glass.

Once at the end of the counter, there was a hallway to the right that led to the tub and shower area. The area is enclosed, with a separate soaking tub and shower with a rainfall shower head, as well as a hand held one. Water pressure and temperature were fantastic.

The bedroom is spacious with ample space on either side of the bed. The bed faced a flat screen TV and bathroom.

There is a chaise lounge against the window overlooking Staples Center.

The guest bathroom is large and contains a toilet and sink. The towels were placed under the sink, which I thought was rather odd.

There is a dining room table with seating for six.

There is a small wet bar area which also houses a Nespresso machine. The mini bar is fully stocked with drinks and snacks.

The rest of the living room is spacious and contains a sofa, coffee table and chair.

There is a glass counter desk with ample working room.

The Club Lounge is very spacious and was usually not crowded.

Upon entering, there are bowls of candy on the right, and a table full of cookies straight ahead. There was also a Stanley Cup display with shortbread cookies with each team’s emblem, and a chocolate replica of the Stanley Cup.

Lunch offerings included a crab ceviche salad, crudité with ranch, duck with vegetable couscouse and quince paste, grilled vegetable terrine, chips and salsa, spring rolls, cheese and crackers along with a selection of desserts.

Breakfast offerings included lots of fresh fruit with some of the best pineapple that I have had in my life, muffins, pastries, croissants, cold cuts, cheese, smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and yogurt.

The Club Lounge attendants were friendly and helpful in getting drinks and clearing dishes.

The gym is somewhat small and includes treadmills, elliptical machines, stationary bikes, weight machines and a small free weight area.

This was an outstanding stay, and outside of the valet parking and my dislike for the faucets in the bathrooms I would definitely stay at the Ritz Carlton Los Angeles. I have had access to the Club Lounge at several Ritz Carlton’s and I believe it is worth the extra charge for the quality and variety of food.

(In full disclosure, I was invited back to the Ritz Carlton Los Angeles for a room with Club Lounge access after my last stay included many service errors. The opinions expressed are mine alone and were not solicited by the Ritz Carlton.)

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Took my fiancee and step daughter there after Ritz Laguna Niguel. Peter who checked us in were very nice and took us up to the club lounge to wait for our room to be ready. They just had a week worth of Anime Convention so it was very hectic. Pre-arrival, Ashley W. had called me to inquire if there is anything they could do to enhance my stay and she addressed my request. Jose and Tory and the club lounge was wonderful and it was good to run into Asaf in the elevator even though he doesn't work in the club lounge anymore. Really had a great time. Ritz LA club lounge is one of my favorite Ritz club lounges!!! We had a great time there. Would stay there again and again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Doncaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Los Angeles on the 12th and the 25th June, excellent hotel and fantastic service, we stopped 2 nights here one night as a stop over on our way to Hawaii and one night on our way back from hawaii to the UK, rooms are amazing and we were in a room with a harbour view, we asked for late check out and were given it without any extra charges, reception staff are so welcoming as are all staff, would definately recommend this hotel and given the oppurtunity we would definately go back.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but a harbour view is excellent
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Being a loyal Mandarin Oriental fan and refusing to go anywhere else whenever an MO is available, another trip to LA made me, sadly, look for alternative lodgings.

Ritz Carlton...hmmm, sounds old and boring. Sounds like a place you'd go to if you enjoy being reminded of where elephants instinctively know where to go when ready to die.

Well, I was wrong.

Amazing service. Value was incredible. Fantastic location for this visit.

Tiffany. Very pretty front desk lady. Makes me laugh. Knew (somehow) what I like to drink and I've never been there before...odd.

Darius. Club Lounge for breakfast and snacks. Always classy. Every morning he knew what I was looking for before I did...more oddness.

Mariana. Club Lounge super lady. Need I say more!? Ok, I will...also, a mind reader.

Loved the calm quiet atmosphere. Loved the personal attention which was 'just right".

Going back? Yes!

I think they know it too, they're mind readers...be aware! :)

What am I thinking now!?

Room Tip: Go Club Level
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a great stay here. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The pool area was also nice and my kids enjoyed using the pool toys as well. Being connected to LA Live, we had breakfast downstairs and it was convenient. Ritz Carlton has never disappointed.

Stayed June 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed the weekend of the 21st, corner view room on the club level. Exceptional service/amenities in the club level lounge. The room was well appointed with spectacular views of Southern California. The properties location is ideal for any event at LA Live/Staples/Nokia venues. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here over the weekend of the 20th at the club level. I was fortunate to have a corner room, with spectacular views to the South and West. The club level lounge, apparently the largest in the U.S. RC chain, was well appointed with friendly, attentive service. The room, in addition to the views, was quite nice and spacious. The location, amongst the L.A. Live/Staples Center venue, is convenient to these attractions. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!