“And I really don't like LA!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 West Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015 (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Rock Stars & Astronauts
Ranked #10 of 318 hotels in Los Angeles
“And I really don't like LA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Every time to go to LA, I struggle a little less with why so many people like it. My stay at the Ritz Carlton pushed me even further into the fan category. Just a lovely place. Very low key. Beautiful, very comfortable rooms. A nice pool area with a great view from the gym. Just really a nice place. And downtown is getting to be a really fun place to be - you can even walk to some really awesome restaurants, etc.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Polish first
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this property while my daughter played volleyball in the nearby Convention Center in March...like almost all Ritz hotels, the service was impeccable; courteous without pretense, timely without being overbearing, all as per usual....I booked through AMEX Platinum Travel Service and hence was upgraded to club level access, an extremely value-added amenity especially when it's offered as an upgrade...Sean and Tory were both professional while learning and serving in the hospitality industry until their show biz break arrived...very nicely appointed not to mention spacious room above LA Live, the "Hurricane" referenced in the title...quite nice to be able to soak up the sensory overload of the bar and restaurant scene across from the Staple Center (I think the Lakers, Clippers, and the local hockey team all played consecutive nights) and then slip into the very discreet entrance to the lobby, ride an elevator to high above the fray, and chill in your lux getaway...it was actually merely good fortune that had me staying here, as my original reservation was at the Lux...when I tried to extend my 2 nights there to 3, they had no room at the inn...when I called about a week out from my trip, that extra night suddenly opened up but at a dramatically inflated rate...no thanks, I'd move to the RC for a few bucks more...better to be lucky than good

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor of non-residences
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a great hotel next to LA Live in downtown Los Angeles. I stayed 3 nights on the 23rd floor with access to the Club Lounge. The Cub is well worth the extra cost and the food is excellent. The rooms are very good and comfortable. The bathroom with separate tub and rainfall shower and high quality toiletry is one of the best I have used. The hotel is adjacent to the JW Marriott and opposite to the Regal Cinema at LA live. The Metro is a short walk away. I would definitely recommend the Ritz Carlton to anyone visiting the City.

Room Tip: Club rooms are the best
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Erial, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel was fabulous. We only stayed there for one night on our way back home- but we have to come back-- just to stay in the hotel again! IT WAS AMAZING! We upgraded to a suite, so we had a higher floor and the views of LA were beautiful. The staff was overly helpful. They gave us directions to local tourist spots, as well as a few "off the beaten path" restaurants that have local vs. commercial appeal.
The rooms are ultra modern and have a nice "flow". It doesn't feel seem crowded or obstructive. There is a lot of open space. The pool on the roof and the surrounding furniture, decor and sun-bathing area is superb. The proximity to the Staples Center complex is definitely a plus and the Staplex Center complex--- I have never seen anything like it. It makes you want to attend a Laker's game! (and I don't even watch basketball anymore...)

The connection to the Marriott next door was convenient as it was a quick indoor walk to all of the amenities at that facility.
Again, this was one of the best Ritz Carlton properties that we have visited and we will be making a return trip- very soon!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I braved the LA freeways to arrive at this oasis within downtown LA.
We stayed on the 23rd floor and had use of the Club Lounge. Our welcome from the staff could not have been better and were even welcomed by the hotel manager.
The club lounge is well worth it and we enjoyed a quiet breakfast there with plenty of choice of the usual items and some lovely pastries as well!
In our bedroom we had complimentary water at night and wifi. We also had a nespresso coffee machine in our room and complimentary coffee pods. The bathroom could only be described as glamorous.
LA Live is around the corner in walking distance with a variety of restaurants to choice from and there is a cinema across the road so if you don't want to drive at night in LA you do have options. It does seem a bit of a chore driving in LA where ever you stay so we thought this hotel was a good choice location wise. Thanks to all the staff in the club lounge who were so welcoming and interesting to talk to.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reggie D, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Anne J,
Thank you for your great feedback and kind sentiments towards our staff. I was glad to hear that we were able to welcome you and make you feel at home. Thank you for braving the traffic to get to our urban oasis. I hope it was worth the trip.

All the best
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We received a very friendly warm greeting on arrival and were offered champagne. From there on nothing was too much trouble for the front desk, porters concierge and lounge staff.

We had a standard room which was in excellent condition had a very roomy bathroom with separate water closet, bath and rainfall shower. There is also a television screen built into the bathroom mirrors and all the amenities you would expect are available. We paid to access the club lounge which was an excellent, mostly peaceful environment with very attentive staff ensuring all of our needs were met. You can even see the Hollywood sign and Griffith observatory from the windows.

We received two restaurant recommendations from the hotel. One was a miss but the other was spot on. The concierge also helped us with deciding what tourist attractions we wanted to visit.

My only regret is that we didn't have time to visit the normal lounge or eat at the hotel restaurant WP24.

In terms of the location, it's Downtown and right next to the Staples centre and little Tokyo. We didn't explore the surrounding area at all really. Los Angeles is very spread out so everywhere we wanted to go was approx 30-40 mins away in a cab. If you have a specific activity you want to do in LA you may benefit from finding a hotel closer to this but to be honest I think no matter where you stay in LA you will end up spending a fair amount of time driving to your destinations.

I would definitely recommend the Ritz Carlton LA to anyone visiting the city.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Esme99,
Thank you for taking time to review your experience at our hotel. I am thrilled you enjoyed the amenties of the property, from the guest bathroom, to the club lounge. We take a tremendous amount of pride in delivering the best in service. Next time please come and visit WP24 as it not only has exquisite food but the best view of Los Angeles in the City.

All the best
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were on an important business trip and were fortunate enough to have procured rooms on the club level. With very little time to relax, the facility was an oasis; food & drink service all day long, computer availability, and a staff so extraordinary attentive that they raised the bar to new heights. Nothing was too much effort, our needs were met without asking and the level of friendship and dedication was exemplary!

We will definitely return; they have spoiled us for anything less!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!