“Milan, Venice, then LA!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 West Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015 (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Experience LA in Style
Ranked #8 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Milan, Venice, then LA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Perspective is everythng. The week before was spent at the Four Seasons Milan, then the Daniele in Venice (€1400 per night), then the Ritz Carlton LA. All I can say is my favorite hotel is the RC in LA. Their attention to detail is second to none. CLEAN, PERFECT, EXCELLENT are words that only partially describe my three night experience at the LA Ritz Carlton. On Halloween, a cellophane bag of candy was delivered to my room. Completely unnecessary, but so thoughtful. I brought it home for the sweet tooth in the family. Fantastic people, the executive buffet in the on the 23rd floor is excellent and very fresh and clean. Valet, Laundry, Internet, Bell, Front desk, etc were all 5 stars.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
Avondale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

A WiFi signal that was strong enough to use, Towels that are soft and absorbent, every amenity you could think of, very clean, and best of all, every employee called me by my name. A separate shower and bathtub, a full size bar of soap for the shower, a safe that opens up from the top so you don't need a flashlight to see if you've emptied it, bathroom nightlight, a lighted makeup mirror and some makeup remover (what every man needs!) etc.., etc.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had a fantastic stay at this Ritz and the only downside is we only had one night there as I was traveling with my husband for business and we had to be in a different part of LA the next day. The hotel looks quite new and the standard king room felt spacious me had an amazing bathroom with a separate shower stall, bathtub and frosted door to the toilet. The bed was very comfortable and the room was immaculate. The service was also outstanding from the initial check-in/greeting to getting directions and checking out. While the area is a little far from Beverly Hills/Santa Monica and some of the other more popular areas, I'd stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Check in is at 4:00. We arrived at noon. As mentioned in some of my other reviews this is always a huge plus for me.

The front desk, concierge, and service are all excellent. The rooftop pool is perfect.

On two separate occasions I called valet 20 minutes ahead of time for them to pull the car out of the garage. Both times the car was not ready and had to wait about ten minutes each time. For $40 a night I should be able to get my own car within 20 minutes. I don't mind paying the money, I mind the waiting. I understand this is downtown. I would rather pay the same rate and self park to have easy access to my own vehicle, but that is not an option.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We have stayed at many Ritz Carlton properties, and this was definitely among the nicest. We were in town for the Emmys and it was really nice to be so close to all of the action! The location of the hotel is great if you're attending an event downtown or would like to be near LA Live. Beyond that though, downtown isn't really my preference when in LA.
We did check out the rooftop pool, which was very nice. There isn't much of a lobby (unlike most Ritz Carltons), but come to find out, the JW Marriott's lobby can be accessed via a short hallway. We didn't figure that out until after we had checked out... wish we would have known!
The room was fantastic. We had booked a Club level room for 4 and the room was quite spacious. There is a nice couch too and our view of the city and the Hollywood sign was very neat. There are several mirrors in the room, which definitely came in handy for 3 women prepping for a night out! The shower and tub are separate, but within the same enclosure. And there was a television in the mirror, which was pretty cool. The Club was very nice and spacious with many nice touches, including a special chocolate display featuring the Emmys.
Most of the staff were very helpful and accommodating throughout the hotel. We did have a slight hiccup upon check-in that I must mention. We booked a Club level room for 4 a couple of months in advance and were all set to arrive when a few days before check-in, we received an e-mail from the concierge stating that the Club access was based on double occupancy. This wasn't mentioned anywhere in the booking process or in the confirmation e-mails received. Upon arrival, we explained this and the concierge eventually made an "exception", after at least 10 minutes of arguing. This policy should be stated clearly when booking the hotel. I have booked many hotels and I always read the fine print. It was the only blip in our stay, but did mar the first few minutes in the hotel.
On our first evening, the concierge sent a note and a cute Emmys cookie to the room, which was a nice touch.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Went to the spa while staying at the JW Marriott (attached) on business. The spa was beautiful, clean and relaxing. Massage was perfect! Spa provided robes, slippers, water, wine, two relaxation areas, and steam room.

• Stayed October 2013
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We recently stayed at the Ritz Carlton and were very impressed with both the service and the hotel. Our room was on the Club Lounge floor and we were very impressed and pleased with the Lounge. The food selections were excellent as was the service. We were there on 2 occasions and both stays were great. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Splurge for the Club Lounge.