“So beautiful and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 West Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015 (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Experience LA in Style
Ranked #8 of 323 hotels in Los Angeles
“So beautiful and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Loved our room! It was a standard room and was just perfect. Nice bathroom and I especially like the blue glass separating the bathroom from the bedroom. The rooftop pool is gorgeous and would definitely recommend checking it out during your stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
Irvine, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We booked the hotel because of all the excellent review on the tripadvisor, plus our past experience with Ritz-Carlton. Unfortunately, this is not a Ritz-Carlton standard of service. This Ritz is located on the higher levels of JW Marriott, not sure if they rotate their staff. We have never experienced such a bad service at Ritz.
The only good part is their spa service, I got a prenatal massage, and the service and technique was excellent!
The hotel room was well decorated, but lack of modern technology. For a hotel build in 2010, the electronics they used are outdated. The shower temperature control was loose, so we have to keep on adjusting the water temperature while shower.
We also tried the WP24- overprice Chinese Food. The food quality was terrible because everything was over cooked. The dessert was great!! If you really want to enjoy the view, I would suggest you to sit at their bar area, and order the Yuzu Cheesecake. It was delicious!
In room breakfast was not good, but LA Market breakfast was even worst with bad service. I think going to IHOP will have a better breakfast than eating in the hotel.
When we checked out, I was waiting for the front desk to ask how was our stay, so I can tell him all about our experience. He did not even ask, and he also made a mistake on our final bill.
There are many more nicer hotels in Los Angeles area, this one is just not up to Ritz's standard.
I would not recommend anyone to stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

There is nothing wrong with this hotel but there is also nothing that really wows you about it either. And I guess that's the problem. When I am staying at a Ritz I am looking for that wow experience. For starters there is really no lobby to this hotel. The Ritz takes up floors 22-25 of the Marriott hotel at LA Live. If you want anything you expect to find in a lobby you need to go to the Marriott lobby which is connected to the Ritz "lobby" via a hallway. I had to go to the Marriott for the ATM, for a drink at the bar, and for an appetizer before heading out to dinner. None of this is available at the Ritz. I became so accustomed to going to the Marriott for everything I even started using their concierges even though the Ritz does have a concierge available. The room itself was pretty standard in terms of furnishings, size, and amenities. I just didn't feel it was of 5 star quality. So again, there is nothing wrong with the place but don't go expecting to be blown away. I wish I would have kept my 100,000 points for my two nights stay and got more bang for my points buck elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very nice luxury rooms to the fullest cant beat the ritz we are marriott reward members and really love there hotels especially this one the staff was friendly and helpful when checking in the only thing was the room service was very good our order was not correct. Other than that nice comfy beds and a beautiful view over looking the city and we loved the steam shower bath tub.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I just called the Ritz for my buddy who will be staying at the hotel with his family, 3 rooms in August. My buddy want me to explore the different options he has because he didn't make the reservation and it's a special, they are celebrating their 20 year anniversary with the family. I want to say that the attitude that I just received from Mike in reservation was not one that I'm not used to as a ritz carlton client/guest! I explain to him that's it will be his 20 anniversary and they want it to be special wanted to know a few things about the hotel and different room options a, my concerns that's its a Marriott , he didn't care!!! I'm speechless ! I'm the one that told him he can't go wrong with the Ritz, wow , I'm going to tell him what just happened and have him reconsider his stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were lucky enough to stay at the Ritz at LA Live for the third time for a company event. As with our prior two stays, the hotel was excellent. (Check out my prior reviews of the hotel for lots of details.)

If you take nothing else away from the reviews, take the advice of adding Club Lounge access to your stay. It is definitely worth it to have such a wonderful place to hang out during down time, not to mention the food and drinks.

This trip, we were able to take advantage of the spa and it was also fabulous.

My only incredibly small criticism is that we didn't like the shower head - not enough water pressure!

But other than that, we loved the hotel yet again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Anytime you stay at a Ritz you already walk in with very very high expectations. Yet you still find yourself saying WOW during your stay and our trip to the Ritz in LA was no different. The check in desk is very unassuming. A simple counter with two people. A quick ride up the elevator to the club level on the 23rd floor and the room is amazing. Great views comfortable beds and great showers .the club lounge is a must at every Ritz. At every turn someone is there to answer questions and get anything you need. There is no huge lobby with gift shops and bars so if that is what you want you might want to stay at the JW next door. Much of the building are residences so its rather Lis profile.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for club access!