“Skyview” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 West Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015 (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Experience LA in Style
Ranked #8 of 323 hotels in Los Angeles
Irvine, California
“Skyview”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My Christmas present was tickets to a Lakers game and a night at the Ritz Carlton overlooking the Staples Center. The hotel was fabulous: a great corner room in the sky, with a suite feeling, and a television in the bathroom mirror!. Staff was helpful in the extreme, and the rooftop pool happily exposing us to the winter sun. The location is one of its best features, debouching into the L.A. Live entertainment center, always pulsing with events, good food and happy folks. Pricey, but perfect for a special night.

Room Tip: Go for the corner rooms.

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Ritz-Carlton in LA is simply amazing ! Great facilities and very luxurious rooms. Very friendly staff and overall a glamorous ambiance that makes you feel special ! It features a great rooftop pool that is a big plus. Look forward to my next visit !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Last year we checked into the Ritz Carlton Hotel located on 900 West Olympic Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90015 on August 11, 2012. Upon arrival we drove to the front entrance door and waited for someone to help us with luggage and valet parking but no one showed up so my partner and I decided to drop me off with the luggage at the front door. After struggling carrying all the luggage to the front desk, I asked where is everyone and how come the bell man was just standing inside the lobby watching me carrying the luggage without offering any help. An apology was given quickly and the concierge singled the bell man to help, little I knew what was coming my way next.

On August 13, 2012 we checked out, we packed all of our luggage and I placed my new Rolex watch back in its box and placed it in my Handbag which I keep with me at all times because it holds all of my valuables, I called valet parking to bring the car to the front and we went downstairs to check out but this time the same bell man was waiting at the lobby to help us with the luggage.

The bell man was eager to help this time and while I opened my handbag to check out our next trip information to San Diego, I placed my handbag on top of the big luggage at the same time my partner was calling on me with a question, in less than a minute I turn around and both luggage were gone so I run outside to see both bags being loaded inside the trunk of the car and the bell man assuring me that all bags are safe inside the car, I handed him a $20 tip and we take off to San Diego. We arrive at our next destination but right after we opened the trunk I realized my handbag was open. We checked into our room and the first thing I noticed my Rolex box was gone with my watch inside it.

I immediately called the Ritz hotel and explained what happened asking to also check our room in case I dropped off the box there. They said they will, and they did call me back in few hours to tell me nothing was found and there is nothing they can do if I did not actually see anyone taken it.

A couple of days passed and I after I got over my shock, I remembered that the box was indeed inside my bag whenI last opened my handbag in the lobby because my hand touched the hard box and I remember feeling the actual box so I called back the hotel security but this time they were much less eager to help and wanted nothing to do with it. I was told there is nothing they can do and to feel free to sue the hotel if I like.

So, I word of caution: never lose sight of your luggage and be very worry checking into this hotel.

Best of luck,

Basil

Room Tip: Don't check in.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Canterbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I travelled to LA and New York just before christmas and stayed for 2 nights at the Ritz-Carlton. We chose this hotel because of the location. From checking in to leaving this was the best hotel I have experienced. The staff were so helpful and very polite. The room was spotless and I couldnt fault it at all. The staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was as best as possible. I would go back to this hotel without a doubt. Thanks You!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Wow, first - a beautiful building that finally gives LA a 'skyline' to be proud of. This building is gorgeous and captures the character of LA. No where is it more evident than when relaxing at the rooftop pool of the Ritz. A peaceful and beautiful pool with a lot of ambiance and great little nooks to sit around in while going in and out of the pool and sun. And there's cabana-side service - very attentive and they'll get you anything you want. Bliss.

The lobby is small and discreet, and the staff are all very friendly and personable. The gym is very nice and has npanything you could need in a quiet, comfortable setting. The restaurant, WP 24, is the best hotel restaurant I have ever been to, and the surrounding LA LIVE area is really growing into a destination in its own right. I was there for an event at the Staples Center and it was the perfect place to stay.

The rooms are elegantly appointed and the perfect size with views of downtown and Hollywood available. You can see the Hollywood sign during the day (contrary to all wisdom, it's rarely lit up at night).

Great place to stay in LA!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Hollywood sign.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

i stayed here because its attached to staples center and i had many events there over afew days. this hotel is the luxury level i prefer to stay in. the bed alone compared to the marriott next door was night and day. Ritz Carlton had a great fluffy bed and pillows. the room was warm and cozy with nice views. i felt as home as possible.

while my stay wasn't perfect -some very minor issues, the management was perfect and they fixed any issues . i will also say we were here during music award show and the hotel was loaded with divas so the hotel staff im sure was very busy with their requests, for example j lo was next door to me.

club lounge is extraordinary.

id stay here again WP24 WAS A GREAT EATING EXPERIENCE.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

From the upgrade at check-in, to the amazing city views both in the room and WP24, this hotel is world-class. The proximity to Staples is great and makes for a wonderful experience. It is everything that you have come to expect from a Ritz!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!