“Great and luxurious hotel. Not great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 West Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015 (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Experience LA in Style
Ranked #8 of 323 hotels in Los Angeles
Florida
“Great and luxurious hotel. Not great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel has ver ample an equisitely decorated room. Very comfortable beds.
Incredible marble bathroom. Incredible price value. The service was excellent.
We came to this hotel because we decided to extend our stay in the intercontineltal in century city, which is also very nice but not comparable. The ritz in more modern styled, everything looked and even smelled new.

The only disadvantage is the location.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The facility was marvelous, service was immaculate. The room were nice and spacious, updated furniture and appliances. The customer service was impeccable, and very helpful with helping to plan other activities around the area. It was in a good location close to other activities within walking distance ex. ESPN, Staples center, outdoor skating rink, Lopez nightclub Ralph's grocery store). It was great place to feel special and very comfortable. The only problem I had I could not get my laptop to work while in the room, but it worked outside of the room. Loved the Robe provided in the room.

Room Tip: corner rooms have more space and set up different than the other rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

When the children are away the parents must play....
This place is top notch. The attention to detail was great and the customer service was impeccable.
What beautiful getaway for a night on the town. A great place to take your wife to feel special.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The service of The Ritz Carlton in Los Angeles is great, from the minute you walk in to the moment you leave. The rooms are nice and spacious, the bed in comfortable and the bathroom is OK. The gym is great, modern with a great view of LA. What this hotel needs is a Lobby. When you walk inn it is a very small lobby, like the size of an apartment lobby. It feels they built a Marriott Andes an after thought, they decided to have a side entrance to their luxury brand hotel.(Ritz Carlton).

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

When I travel for business Ritz never lets me down. Although this is my second time at this hotel this is my first time reviewing it. I did not get an upgraded room which I have come to expect from RItz but due to the convention in town it was understandable. Hopefully next time it will be different. My stay was awesome, bed was super comfortable and even though it was a basic room it was well appointed and not to small. I did stay on the Club level and the lounge was the top of the top. Food was excellent and the service was excellent. I told one person my name when I entered and then every staff member used my name to address me thereon in and same thing in the morning when I returned for breakfast. If get a club level room, do not miss Breakfast. Great selection of food and deserts!

Room Tip: Basic rooms are ok, but highly recommend the club level rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Room decor is very bright and modern. Shower and bathroom are top notch.

Only complaint is that the bed seemed kinda cheap, although maybe this was because I stayed in a room with 2 beds. The bed felt very springy and they tried to cover this up by using thick padding over the mattress.

Gym is very well equipped.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Encinitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Although I have been to LA many times, I have only been to downtown a couple of times. My Mom and I were traveling to our vacation house in the central coast area and I decided to go up on the train to LA for the night and have her pick me up the next day.

I looked at other hotels in west LA, but I decided those were too far from the train station and I wanted to see downtown. I was in a very bad mood as the campaign I worked so hard on....lost. I wanted an escape.

I got the executive king club level....and the club level is not like your usual one. The food is varied, amazing and the selection is huge as is the selection for drinks. I don't drink alcohol that much, so often times I'm bored with what there is to drink. But they had some really rare/special ginger ale that was amazing.

I arrived on a drizzly/brisk/ugly day and so was unable to use the rooftop pool, which I wanted to do. I saw it the following day after the storm blew through and it was one of those rare LA days where you could see forever.

From the club lounge, you could see the hollywood sign, the mountains and the surrounding area. The exercise room had a similarly great view and the gym itself was immaculate with great equipment and well stocked with everything (even headphones with each treadmill...a nice touch, given that some people might not have them).

The room itself was fantastic. I had high expectations for the executive king room on the club level at the Ritz in LA....the room is nicely sized, but the bathroom is killer with a large marble shower and a huge bathtub and it was great. The club level was beyond worth it and the breakfast the next morning was great and it was just a nice place to come down to relax. I talked with a nice couple there and I was in there multiple times both days and the staff was fantastic.

I came in looking like a mess because my credit card didn't work at first and finally I got up there and basically ate dinner and the staff was great. Getting me drinks, offering me whatever I wanted. The staff in general was so helpful and I didn't look like a "ritz traveler" and look quite young, yet they treated me great. room service at 2am was fantastic as can be expected.

and a big hat tip to the woman who sits at the desk in the small lobby ( concierge ?) and she got me in to the new james bond movie at 8 when she said everyone was going to see it at midnight. it was so nice of her.

The stay was too short, but the Ritz lived up to its high expectations and the staff is really what sets this hotel apart. The management should be especially proud of its club level staff, who were polite, professional and helpful.

A fantastic stay and although I don't really have a reason to be in downtown LA again, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in downtown. And you can be sure that the Ritz is always at the top of the list when it comes to hotels!

The one in LA is no exception.

Room Tip: club level is great
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!