“EXTREMELY NOISY” 3 of 5 stars
Review of StayOn Beverly Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
StayOn Beverly Hostel
You added StayOn Beverly Hostel to your Saves list
4619 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90004 (Central L.A)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Offers & Announcements
Free water bottle in room
Brussels, Belgium
“EXTREMELY NOISY”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

very clean
well organised
well equipped
but...
Impossible to sleep due to noisy people coming in at 4 am and banging their stuf and feet.. no way to sleep.
I complained to the owner, he refunded me only 1 of the 2 nights... I refused to stay a 2nd night in this misery.
I would suggest that people with a light sleep would go for an hotel / motel near the airport: 55$ - 75$, with private bathroom and quitness.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
oxford, uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here in October for 4 nights and the place is idea if you are sight seeing in LA and the surrounding area. It felt very safe to park and the rooms are spotless. For the price we paid it was so good. I would recommend this place every time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Pretty clean hostel and I liked the keypad entry, but I really really really really couldn't get over the horrible air quality inside the room. I felt like I was dying the whole time. The air was constantly on and circulating. There was a plastic air diverter to divert the air away from the bed, but still, it created a huge amount of disturbance in the air and there was no way to control the air flow. I was so thirsty the whole time, woke up with a dry, sore throat, and the dry air resulted in a very static-y situation. My boyfriend and I wrote the owner and he offered to refund us for the nights, but it was NYE, so it was crazy expensive elsewhere, so we stuck it out until we could leave. I appreciated that he offered us an alternative, but I think it's also because he knew other people would want to take the room. It was also pretty frustrating that there was no where to hang anything. I liked that there were drawers under the bed, but sometimes you just need to hang a dress or jacket on a hanger so it doesn't get wrinkled.

The bathrooms were pretty clean and the shampoo provided in there seemed pretty nice. Parking was easy, but the place is a bit hard to spot from the street so we missed it the first time driving by. I liked being in Koreatown and after making many trips to LA, it was nice to explore this neighborhood a bit more. That being said, I'd rather pay a bit more or stay farther away (like in Pasadena/Glendale) than stay here again because of the poor air quality.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stay On Beverly is clean, quiet and safe. You're in the middle of town (tho off the beaten tourists' path) while paying edge-of-town prices. They do this by providing the main essentials--compact, clean rooms; high-speed internet; cable--and doing it well. I've stayed here half a dozen times in the past two years and find it to be the only way I will stay in LA, short of staying with friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This place is awesome. I don't know how else to put it. I was kind of skeptical at first because of the price, and I always wonder if something fishy is going on when all of the reviews are glowing. But this place has honestly and genuinely earned those positive reviews. It's so affordable, and simple, and easy. Check in was easy - they email you the entry codes. Parking is easy - there are spaces available out the front. Location is easy - it's in Central LA. Also it's super clean and it has reliable wifi. I've spent the last four months traveling around Europe and the US and I wish every city had a place like this. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it has shared bathrooms, which mean I have to be slightly presentable when I need to use the shower/toilet. But seriously, if you're wary about the shared bathrooms, don't be. There has always been at least one free when I've needed it, and they're always really clean. I probably won't be back in LA for a long time, but if/when I do return, I'm staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I am so glad I found this place.
The rooms are well spaced, well sized, clean, quiet and safe. The bathrooms are equally clean (the cleaner does daily rounds). Fresh water is provided daily. Great transport links connect you to everywhere in Los Angeles.... This place (and admittedly the price) is really excellent. I wholeheartedly recommend it and would return.

Room Tip: I stayed in 2 rooms (long story - split booking) and both were equally clean, equally quiet and equa...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
stayonbeverly, Owner at StayOn Beverly Hostel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
WOW.. Thank you for the kind words. We love when guest enjoy the stay here! Thank you for visiting.
Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about StayOn Beverly! The hostel is small, but safe, clean and very comfortable. Max occupancy per room is 2. The decor is very modern and it looks as though the hostel has been updated recently. Hardwood floors, nice furniture, and marble bathrooms await you here.

In the communal area, there is a Keurig coffeemaker, microwave, printer, and some travel guides and novels. In the room, you have just enough space. There is a full size bed with memory foam mattress and pillows. There is a small desk and chair, and a mini-fridge for snacks and drinks. On the back of the door, you have a couple hooks to hang towels or clothing, but no closet, so be aware. The bed is SO comfortable! I love memory foam mattresses and the memory foam pillows are an added bonus. The bathrooms are marble and modern, have excellent water pressure and the hot water never ran out. I never had to wait for a bathroom. You are given a towel upon arrival, but no washcloths, so come prepared with some from home. The hostel has 5 parking spaces at the door. However, they are first come, first serve, and they DO fill up in the evening starting around 8pm! If they are full, you will have to park on one of the streets near the hostel.

You should be aware that there aren't many restaurants located nearby, especially within walking distance. There is a KFC and I think a few noodle places close, but you should plan on stopping by a grocery store and picking up a few things before arriving at the hostel. The metro stops right across the street near the Mobil gas station, if you are so inclined to take public transportation while in LA.

I seriously cannot give this place a good enough review! I loved every aspect of my stay. THANK YOU Bo Lorentzen (owner) for a wonderful lodging experience in LA!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to StayOn Beverly Hostel? Share your experiences!