“XLNT, XLNT, XLNT!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sushi House of Taka

Sushi House of Taka
4627 Van Nuys Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 91403-2916 (South San Fernando Valley)
818-784-8777
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Los Angeles
“XLNT, XLNT, XLNT!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Been a client of Taka's for years and am actually ashamed that it took me this long to write up a review. My wife and I are sushi lovers, but most of the time we visit Sushi restaurants, we're not impressed. Good, okay, average. Sometimes even lousy. We found Taka's back in 2004 and have had nothing but great meals, each and every time. Some of favorites are the Lobster Roll (ask for Soy paper instead of seaweed), Japanese Scallop, Black Cod and just about any roll they make. Sashimi is always top shelf quality with generous portions. When in season, the live sweet shrimp is a must. Taka, the owner, is always behind the Sushi bar and it's obvious he takes great pride in serving only the best. Couldn't ask for a better place.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
Santa Barbara, Carpinteria
“OMG really good and I am not a sushi addict”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

OMG really good! And not a big fan of sushi... My friend suggested this place and it was only a few blocks from where I used to live... Never discovered because I don't eat raw (I just don't like it), but I have learned to eat spicy tuna roll...

Take it I only ordered cooked staff, it was delish... And did had a taste of the spicy tuna... Ordered the crunchy roll, the Dinomite, the fried squid, the blue crab hm hm hm hm hm... Me wanna go back now!....

The order got out of hand; we were 4 people and ended up paying $150 for the whole bill... With 1 bottle of Sake and 1 wine glass. All orders were hand roll.

There are not vegetarian rolls in the menu, but you can ask... They have a few options... Raw rolls are husband approved (born in a Norwegian fishing town).

Rolls a pretty big

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Sushi House of Taka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

We've been going to Taka House of Sushi for many years and every time we go we wonder how do they make money, because the portions that they offer and the quality of the fish is outstanding!
If you LOVE sushi, you have to try this place, you'll get hooked like us and keep coming back for more!

Try the specials too! : Home Depot Roll, LR Roll(spicy) , Ojai Roll(with veggies- very healthy), japanese cevice(spicy),
Their hand rolls are out of this world! Try the spicy salmon with soy paper, no rice and the albacore hand roll.

The service is great, everyone there is very friendly..Taka- the owner is working at the sushi bar almost every day. When you go there, make sure you look for Cristine..(she works there )..she's so much fun! :)

PS- if you are creative and would like to make your own sushi creation, they are open to take any orders- made specially for you! If it's a great creation, they might put it on the menu!