Gorgeous classic Hollywood house

The living room was recently decorated by an up-and-coming L.A. interior firm. No boring IKEA here!
A desk to work in the living room -- free wireless Internet is included.
The formal dining room, with seating for eight. Great for breakfast before heading out!
The gourmet kitchen; note the professional range and Sub-Zero fridge.
The stairs (with its gorgeous wraught-iron railing) leading upstairs to the bedrooms...
Los Angeles
Rental Home –
3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

Alison258...
Singapore, Singapore
“Fabulous....home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

The house was ideal for our family needs. It was a perfect place to end our cross-country USA vacation before heading back on THAT long haul flight to Australia. It is exactly as the pictures show and with Eric’s little touches; it was definitely like our home away from home.

Eric is the consummate professional from the initial enquiry and through the whole booking/payment process. He is efficient in replies and resourceful with things to do in the local area.
The location of the house is fantastic. We were travelling with no car, so walking and public transport was the way we moved around. This was not a problem as there is plenty to see in the nearby area. The red Hop-on Hop-off has a stop about 2 blocks away, which was great for getting to the Hollywood/Beverly Hills areas and other tourist areas.
There is no shortage of places to eat nearby. By far the best for us was “JONES ON THIRD”, an experience one should all have in their lifetime, breakfast, lunch or early dinner…Chinese Chicken Salad, wow, wow!!! At the end of the street is a branch of the famous NY Magnolia bakery, cake heaven!
Of course not to mention The Grove and the Famers Markets are also close by and worth the visit.

But even if you just want to relax and chill at the house, it is comfortable and spacious enough for each to have their only private space.

Overall we had a most wonderful stay at the house and we have all marked this as one we will all definitely be coming back to.

Thank you Eric for the great place and the excellent service. Our family truly appreciated the house, warm and welcoming.

Liked best: The size of the house.... plenty of space for 4 adults
Sep 2, 2013
Hi Alison, thank you for this lovely review! I'm so glad you had such a good stay... and that you found Joan's on Third, without a doubt one of the best things in the neighborhood. :-) It was great to have you as a guest and of course, I'd love to have you and your family back any time. Thanks again. best, Eric
chris_boo...
Melbourne, Australia
“Ideal location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Property is in an excellent location. Parking can be real problem is you are expecting a spot right out the front. Make sure you read the parking signs carefully as we got 2 parking fines while there. Overall would highly reccomend this place to stay.

5 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 4 of 5 stars Cleanliness
Aug 12, 2013
Hi Chris, thank you for this nice review, and for recommending my place!

I have to say, I was alarmed when I read that you had problems parking and received two parking fines. I haven't heard from other guests that finding a spot to park is difficult-- the street is permit-only, so there is almost always plenty of parking available on the block right in front of the house. (I'm actually here at the house now and see three open spots right by the front of the house.)

Regarding the fines, you mentioned to me in email that you received them because you didn't realize that on Monday and Tuesday mornings there are two different 2-hour no-parking zones, due to street sweeping. (Since they are in on different sides of the street on different days, there is ALWAYS parking available on at least one side of the street.) I try to make this information *very clear* to my guests, with details in three separate places:

- I explicitly spell it out in my pre-arrival email,

- I make mention of it in the blue information book inside the house,

- And of course, when all else fails, there are the city street signs that indicate when the no-parking restrictions are in effect. :-)

Again, I'm sorry you missed this information and I'm also sorry to hear you received the parking fines. This is a terrific home in an amazing neighborhood (as you kindly mentioned) and I want all my guests to have an excellent stay. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

best
Eric
HeatherAM...
Maroochydore
“A Home away from Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

The house was in a fantastic location and was exactly like the pictures listed. It was spacious and accommodated 4 adults comfortably with all the amenities we needed and felt very homey with a wonderful fireplace to warm up next to at night after a big day of sightseeing. Eric was amazing help both before our holiday and whilst we were in LA. We would definitely stay here again and would hightly recommend to our family and friends.

4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: the feel of the house and fireplace
Liked least: It was a little noisy at night
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Large groups
Jun 16, 2013
Thank you for this lovely review! I'm so glad you had such a great stay, and I would love to have you back any time.
rkirchner
San Diego, California
“Perfect fit for our 3 night business trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

In looking for a vacation rental for a company trip to Los Angeles we came across the Los Angeles Vacation Rental (VRBO) and immediately booked with Eric. He was excellent in sharing information about the rental prior to our arrival, assisted us while we were there and was fantastic with our departure as well. The house was spacious and beautiful, we couldn't have asked for a nicer place or person to work with. Thank you Eric!!

4 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
Traveling group: Other
Friends getaway
May 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and review! While I host many families enjoying a holiday in Los Angeles and who want to do more touristy activities, I also occasionally host business groups like yours. I'm glad it worked out so well and would be happy to host you and your colleagues again any time. :-) Thank you for staying with me! best, Eric
ajojones
Brisbane, Australia
“Fell in love with this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

I loved this house! Brilliant period features, great decor and fit out. Very quirky but in a great way. If I owned a house in LA, I would want it to be this one. The owners attention to detail is fabulous - great tips for what's out and about, delivery of food, charger for iPhones - just great. The location is awesome. Close to lots of shopping, Melrose ave, Hollywood boulevard, sun set strip etc. locally, walking to shops is easy and a good choice roundabout. I enjoyed sitting with my family at night or looking at the light streaming in on the mornings. Not to mention the humming birds taking nectar from the flowers outside. I will come back here again - just loved it.

5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Period features and decor. Owners attention to detail helped.
Liked least: Nothing
Mar 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your absolutely lovely comments-- I'm very pleased to read that you had such a great stay. I try hard to put myself in the shoes of my guests so I can provide the best service and accommodations possible. Would love to have you back to stay with me any time. :-) best, Eric
Peg I
Houston, Texas
“What a great old Hollywood-style home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

As soon as we walked in the door of this house, my wife said she could live there! It was full of modern features, but with the comfortable feel of old Hollywood. It was roomy for the six adults in my family, and we loved the location that made it an easy drive to downtown, and other areas. Eric was very easy to work with, thorough and professional, and we had all the information we needed emailed to us, in a very timely manner. There is a binder at the house that gives more information regarding details at the house, but also local stores and restaurants, all within easy walking distance. The beds were very comfortable, and we all slept as well as we would have in our own homes. The house was extremely clean and ready for us when we arrived. There was on-street parking for two vehicles, which made that part of the stay easy, compared to other parking in L.A. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone who is looking for something similar. Well worth the price paid. We loved it.

5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Just the feel of the place.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Mar 14, 2013
Thank you for your very kind words! I'm so happy to read that you had such a great stay. :-) It was a pleasure to have you as a guest... please come back and stay with me again! best, Eric
Carol E
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent location, excellent facilities and exceedingly helpful owner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

From beginning to end, this was a seamless experience. Eric is charming and his email responses to questions were always helpful. The house is in a fantastic location with easy access to cafes, restaurants and shops. LACMA is also well within walking distance. The house itself is comfortable and well equipped. The supplies of basics in the cupboard e.g. tea, coffee, washing powder etc etc was much appreciated.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing
Feb 25, 2013
Thank you for your very kind words! I'm so glad you had a great stay, and I'm glad you walked over to visit LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art)-- it's really one of the gems in the area; great art and beautiful grounds, and just a short stroll from the house. Please come stay with me again, I'd love to have you and your family back any time. best, Eric
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$379
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
How to book this rental
Submit an inquiry to the owner using the above make inquiry button
The owner will respond with a quote.  We encourage owners to respond within 24 hours
You will be able to send additional messages and pay for the quote through the TripAdvisor Rental Inbox
Payments made through the TripAdvisor Rental inbox are covered by Peace of Mind Protection
this property has payment protection
Owner
Eric M
Speaks English
Listed since : Aug 2009
Response Rate: 90 %
Calendar Updated: 12 days ago
Peace of Mind Protection
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing