“Hollywood glitz in Hollywood” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #71 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
San Francisco, California, United States
“Hollywood glitz in Hollywood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Nice modern uber hip W hotel in Hollywood. Was there for a meeting and liked the hotel but Hollywood has much to be desired. Streets are dirty and the area seems to host the perpetual LA bum crowd. However the hotel is clean and very hip LA ..... the lobby is nice and check in was efficient .... I did have a issue I was initially put in a room which was in the back of the hotel on a low floor thus I had no cell reception , upon requesting I was moved to a similar no view room on the 12th floor but my cellphone has 3 bars. I think this hotel has some rooms which cell service is impossible to get. I had hears the same complains from a few others .....The hotel is right next to a subway line which could make getting around easier and the bell desk and staff were generally friendly. I like the hotel but not a huge fan of hollywood and would prefer the beach areas.

All in all nice hotel, I was there for a meeting thus not sure the room rate but I think it was approx $250+ for a non view room.....

Room Tip: Try your cellphone some of the darker lower floor rooms do not get good reception with ATT
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Leon Y, General Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the décor and atmosphere. We are constantly working to make improvements for in-room phone reception, but am happy we could move you to a higher floor room with better phone service. We are perfectly located for exploring around LA and Hollywood since we are located right on the subway line.

I will pass along your compliments to the talent here and hope we can welcome you back for a more leisurely stay.

Leon Y.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
West Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 nights at this hotel with my son. Concierge and front desk were very helpful. Acura concierge was pleasant but difficult to reach. Brett our waiter at Delphine's both mornings was outstanding ! Very loud in the lobby in the evenings. Room was comfortable. Good experience. Would stay again

• Stayed June 2013
Hi Beth,

I am so glad to hear you and your son enjoyed your stay with us. Our Acura service is very convenient and a very comfortable ride, however it is also very popular and fills up quickly. I hope you had a chance to experience it. I will pass along your compliments to Brett. He will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service. We look forward to welcoming you back for another visit soon.

Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Rooms are in the typical cool W design. Valet parking attendants very responsive - I liked that one could text to have the car brought up. The hotel has a larger non-guest clientele than the average hotel . . . there are a lot non-guests at the pool, in the bars, etc - definitely the place for the young and beautiful. The pool area was very crowded, even in the afternoon on a weekday. The hotel warns that it is noisy . . . and it is. We had a room on the second floor, next to the elevators, overlooking a parking lot (which is not what I would have expected as a platnium member). While a room card must be used to reach the third floor and above, it is not required to access the second floor, and the second floor is also open to the bar, so it is quite noisy, even on a weekday. Right next to subway stop. Convenient to Trader Joes and Walgreens if you are looking for snacks to bring back to the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was skeptical about what to expect having had mixed service in W city hotels in the past (Barcelona, Miami, New York) but we're big fans of the W resorts so kept an open mind. The service in arrival was really good. Very friendly and attentive, right from the valet to check in to bell hop. The property is in a prefect location for the main touristy sights in and around Hollywood Boulevard. We needed to get some packages shipped to the W Miami where we would be travelling to and nothing was too much trouble for the concierge. She was helpful even in advance over the phone before we arrived. We didn't have much time to experience the Bliss Spa which was fully booked or the restaurant but it all sounded good. The rooms were nice and contemporary W style and we were facing away from the boulevard so had no street noise. There is a little noise from the neighbouring rooms but nothing to stop you sleeping. For a city hotel, this was a nice experience and we'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
Hi Kristy,

I am glad to hear that we could sway your opinions of the W brand during your last visit with us. From the moment of arrival our talent is dedicated to creating a memorable experience. We offer a great location for sightseeing, shopping and dining. I will pass your compliments onto our concierge team. They will be delighted to hear your packages were taken care of and delivered in a timely fashion. On your next visit, please allow our concierge to make your reservation at Bliss Spa. You will never been more relaxed. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel is new (I asked, it was built or opened in 2010) and it shows, it's still in pristine condition, it's very beautiful and stylish! Our room was spacey, clean, well-furnished and really nice. The bed is very comfy (not too soft, hard enough, nice pillows) which is something important for me!

Personnel is friendly and very polite, but I suggest using the whatever/whenever phone service if you need assistance. Once I had asked for the room service to be done in the next 3 hours and when I was back houskeeping hadn't taken care of it, so I asked for just clean towels, but had to ask again after an hour and they were finally brought; the housemaid also cleaned the bathroom very quickly (very nice girl!).
I also asked for cutlery that was never brought to me, but I borrowed from the restaurant that night, so no big deal. Still, that only happened once, I stayed 4 nights and for all other days the room service was timely and they also made up for the trouble at checkout, not making me pay for the internet.

The internet isn't provided by the hotel but by a third company, if you have any trouble just use the wherever/whenever button on the phone (it's the best way to get support) and they'll send you a guy to help out. I wanted to upgrade the service and he got in touch with the company on my behalf and gave them all the necessary information: in that case, two thumbs up for the service and the very nice guy!
The internet service is a bit pricey (10$ or 15$ for broadband), but there's free wi-fi in the all if you just want to check your e-mail.

We stayed Sunday through Thursday and it was quiet, mind you, there was always something going on the ground floor, but it was quiet private parties or people having a cocktail before going to the theater, nothing bothering and outside the room it was always quiet.

The Delphine is a great place, very nice and personnel is super-nice.
I find it overpriced for breakfast but there's also complimentary coffee if you just want a morning drink. Or you can have breakfast in Hollywood, there's plenty of places around!
It's also a bit on the pricey side for launch and dinner but they have very nice dishes (I especially loved the fish at dinner - try the scallps) and the mood is great! Excellent service.

The location is very convenient, it's just beside the Hollywood/Vine Metro station (red line) and it's very fast to get downtown. There's a train every 20 minutes or so that gets you to Union Station direct.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Santee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was attending a Barry Manilow concert on June 16th which was a Sunday night. I was staying overnight and wanted a hotel that was close to the venue being the Greek Theatre. The W Hollywood fit the bill. It was the first time staying at this property and I certainly made the right choice. The personnel were polite and professional, the Delphine restaurant's food was delicious, and my accommodations were excellent. This hotel brought my special night to a wonderful close and sweet dreams. I would recommend the W Hollywood to my friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Hi Joan,

I hope you enjoyed your concert at the Greek Theater. We are in the perfect location for enjoying the best that Hollywood has to offer. I am so glad to hear that we made you feel so welcome throughout your stay. Delphine offers a great selection of dishes to please nearly any palate. It is one of my favorites as well. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Sent an e-mail requesting early check in (noon) for a weekend visit..Reception all dialed in and we were inthe room 10 mins later. Friday pool side staff were a little unatentive and it was quiet. Saturday was like night and day..All staff realy on the ball and the area was full with mixed bag of agegroups.Everyone very friendly and talked freely with strangers.Get to know 'CHRIS NELSON' THE W INSIDER..Very nice guy who's job it is to make sure everyone has a good time.We ate all meals on property and were never disappointed.We will return again later this year for another fun weekend..

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

I am glad to hear that we could get you checked-in early so that you could enjoy a day at Drai’s. Our Insider, Chris, is great for giving the VIP experience. He is well versed in what is the latest place to be in Hollywood and how to help get you in there.

The talent is dedicated to ensuring you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Leon Y.

Been to W Hollywood? Share your experiences!