“Fantastic Property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W Hollywood

You added W Hollywood to your Saves list
W Hollywood
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6250 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Hollywood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #81 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Ottawa, Canada
“Fantastic Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Fairly new property. Trendy, stylish, clean, great customer service, near subway, reasonably priced for location. Would prefer if WiFi was included in the price of the room. I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thanks for leaving a review of your recent stay with us! I am glad to see you enjoyed your time with us, and hope to welcome you back again soon.

For next time, we do offer complimentary high speed wireless internet in our Living Room for all of our guests.

Thanks,
Brad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Great location if you want to be in Hollywood. Dark halls, dark elevator. Club vibe everywhere. Felt like I was actually staying IN a club. Cool lighting throughout. Instead of doors in some places, they have curtains. Very interesting. Party people everywhere. Helped a super friendly guy in the elevator because he could not press his floor as he had a drink in each hand! (This was a Thursday night)

When I arrived at 4pm, the hall had what looked like breakfast room service trays rotting in the halls. Gross. But otherwise, the place seemed really clean.

Rooms were, well, Hollywood. Almost like sleeping in a gift shop. The amount of alcohol for sale on the counters in the room was pretty enticing, especially if you want to spend 5x the actual cost. One shelf was filled with lots of tasty, expensive snacks.

If you are the type who loves to pay $5 for a bottle of water, this is your place! They are everywhere in the room. Everywhere. They do give you a free bottle of the cheap water though, hidden behind one of the $5 ones. If you do not like paying extra for water, maybe you want to pay extra for oxygen. They have oxygen you can buy. It’s true. It is mixed in with the snacks. No joke.

$500 hold on my credit card? Nobody told me they were going to do that. That is sort of steep. I suppose sleeping in the middle of a gift shop, they want to be sure you don’t skip town without paying for that $45 bottle of Makers you tried to take a sip of and put the top back on? $500 is too high a hold.

Great coffee maker in the room! Kidding, they don’t have one in the room. I have stayed at countless hotels and this is the first time I have not had a coffee maker in the room!

TWITTER ALERT: I posted that it was LAME not to have a coffee maker in the room at the W, Hollywood. To my surprise, 15 minutes later, I received a phone call from the front desk asking me if I wanted them to bring up a coffee maker. That was cool! (I said no because I was embarrassed). I then posted on Twitter that I would like $1,000,000 and they sent me a shout out, on Twitter, telling me that was not going to happen. Seriously. I am not making this up.

Super clean room. AWESOME, comfy, low to the floor bed.

Shower was THE BEST! The shower-head was HUGE and I was very impressed. Loved the shower products and lotion enough to take them home for the wife. Wish they had a bathtub in the room as well. Not the SHOWER/BATH thing, just a separate bath. Very good towels. Thick.

If you ever wanted to have someone watch you take a shower, this is the place! There is pretty much a body window in the shower, so if you are sharing the room, be prepared.

**Walk down the street to Blue Palms Brewhouse if you like beer and good food. Tell Brian I sent you.

I did not park a car here, but I can imagine the parking fee to be somewhere around $400/night?Or maybe $45.

I would for SURE stay here again for $118/night. For $200+ no. Maybe if I was single and trying to impress a female, I would pay over $200/night.

I also would not stay here with my family. Not a family type place, unless you want your kids to grow up thinking clubbing is cool at 40.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great hotel, great loction. As all W hotels, glitzy, flashy and loud. You really need to be in right mood to stay here otherwise, atmosphere and attitude of ppl around will seriousely put you off...
We stayed for one night. Enough... apart of the Weels and bell service, we got snooty attitude from the rest of staff and were looked up and down before any interaction.
Room was great as always, just not sure about the white on white decor? But loved window seat and bathroom.
Make sure you take a walk across the bridge all the way to the top of the grand staircase, pretty impressive and with amazing view of the lobby.
Hotel is in walking distance to all attractions, with rooftop pool and the bar which looks like you need a month in advance reservation and platinum card to be allowed to.

Room Tip: Not to close to the top, unless you love to party till 5am.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Hello, and thank you for the review! We appreciate any chance for feedback we can receive from our guests. You are absolutely correct, and we do our best to let our guests know that W Hollywood is indeed a very high energy and adult experience.

I am sorry to see that you felt anything but graciousness from our Talent, we do our best to provide amazing service to each person who arrives.

I hope next time you are looking for a truly Hollywood experience you think of us!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Booked online via AAA rate for the Marvelous Suite for my friend and I on a 2-night stay on a weekend. Room was gorgeous and the bathroom and living area were clean, with nice Bliss brand amenities Mini-bar, bottle of wine and mini bottles of liquors provided but we didn't consume. SPG Gold allowed us to have free wifi in-room as a welcome package.
2 main issues: we had requested a roll away bed via initial booking weeks in advance. Upon check-in I also double checked with front desk and they said one would be provided. Came home at 9pm to find out roll away still missing and had to ask for it at front desk again, where a female agent said it may not be available b/c of limited supply. Rather ridiculous given I've requested long long ago. She also didn't mention it would be charged $25/night. Finally got the rollaway later that night. Second issue was splitting the bill and allow two names on the receipt. I've never had problems doing that but the guy made it a hassle to do so and also told us we should've requested that ahead of time at check in or do it online, which I've never been able to do when booking a room at Starwood property online. It was a bit of a pain to have that arranged at check-out time.
The gym facility was very nice being on the floor below the top. Elevator access to the rooftop pool which is great during the day and also serves as part of Drais nightclub at night. They also have a complimentary car drop off service courtesy of Acura but has a limited radius.
Would likely stay here again if the price is right. Definitely the place to stay if you want to party up at Drais, one of the hippest night clubs in town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Darien, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at the W for four nights. Two of them were wonderful, one was a bit noisy and the last one was unbearable. The W is a beautiful hotel with gracious and friendly staff all week but Friday night, the club on the top floor got busy and the music was audible in my room however with the white noise machine by my bed that they provided I was fine. Saturday night was a nightmare. The bass from the Drai club upstairs was literally palpable. It was not rhythmic or continuous either just all encompassing. The bass would come and go but never completely stop for more than a few seconds. My heart beat kept trying to match it but it kept changing. I thought I was going to lose my mind. I called down and they said I couldn't possibly here the music from the Drai down on the 9th floor. I couldn't hear the music just the bass. It was like sleeping in a bass speaker. It went on until sometime after 2 am when I finally fell asleep. We complained and they did not make us pay for Saturday night which was some compensation to the loss of sleep. Too bad, Fun hotel and right in the center of things but I'll NEVER stay there on Friday or Saturday night again.

Room Tip: Stay on a low floor and leave Friday morning.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. W Hollywood is indeed in the heart of the Hollywood nightlife scene, and weekends with us can be very high energy and long lasting. We do our best to let our guests know this, and I am sorry to see that your experience with the nightlife differed from your expectation.

I do hope next time you are looking for a great night out, you think of us.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was basically ordered away by staff to allow white guests and/or other white individuals to enter before I was able to check in. All I got later was an "I'm sorry." I was told I was "upgraded" to the 3rd floor, and even as a Platinum member, the room felt below par. A loud party was occurring down the hall, and staff did nothing visibly to halt the noise, even after I politely asked for a quiet room specifically, and followed up to ask what was happening down the hall. I was told "this is a high energy property, this is likely to happen." The room didn't even get reliable internet access, but because no one else on the 3rd floor reported anything I was told that I was probably basically too incompetent to use the network. I waited on hold for over 100 minutes for "tech support," with a message with a Canadian accent - and this was from pressing the button indicating if I were hotel staff. This is a great hotel for white people, though. I was just surprised I had to pay over $300 per night to be told to get to the back of a line to allow white individuals to enter before me, though they arrived later than I did. I would recommend this hotel to those with light-skinned and European features - in Russia we call it "face control" - otherwise it feels somewhat like a 3rd world country 2 star hotel for the others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I am a frequent Starwood user (last December stayed at W Hong Kong, St Regis Singapore, W Bali, W Taipei over a two week span) and this is probably the most disappointing W I've been to. When in LA I normally go to the Westwood property but decided to try the Hollywood one for a change.

1) No toiletries and shaving kit in room. Had to request it. When they left it in my room, the kit looked beat up and frankly, almost used

2) The upholstery was very run down, with cracks in the seams

3) Room felt dusty, I was sneezing the whole time

4) Service was fine

I think this place probably has been run down by too much foot traffic.

Overall, not consistent with the W experience I've been used to all over the world. I checked out a day early to move over to the Westwood property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to see you did not enjoy your stay with us, we usually receive great feedback on the quality and design of our guest rooms.

I will be sure to share your feedback with our Style team, as it is always our intention to provide an amazing experience.

Brad W

Been to W Hollywood? Share your experiences!