“Great Experience, Wonderful Hotel and Helpful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #62 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
San Jose
“Great Experience, Wonderful Hotel and Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The W Hotel is a high end hotel with a lot of hip and trendy guests. The hotel is relatively new and well decorated/furnished.

The rooms are spacious and have a modern theme to them. The location is great right on Hollywood Boulevard and close to the freeway.

The staff was really helpful - I love their Whenever, Whatever mentality. Particularly, our concierge staff, Chris Nelson, was helpful to get us into Drai's nightclub which is also new and exclusive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us! I agree, I love our location right on Hollywood and Vine.

I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Chris, we are really lucky to have him as our Insider!

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon,

1,015 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

If you are a fan of Bliss products, this is the place to be. The Bliss Spa is also the perfect place for me to rejuvenate after a long flight. Hotel rooms are a clean and of a good size.

I stayed here on New Year's Day 2013 for a few days, and we must have met with a crazy check-out bottleneck because several items such as shower caps, bedroom slippers were not in the room. Towels were also only provided for one person even though we checked in as two. It took repeated requests over two days before we finally managed to get the items sorted out.

Nonetheless, the hotel is beautiful and service staff extremely polite and I'm likely to give this hotel another shot if I return to LA again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed three nights at the W Hollywood in late November 2012. The entire experience is a "PRO." The staff is very helpful, the rooms are spacious and well maintained, the food at the restaurant is fantastic, and the lobby is a great place to hold meetings.

My only repeat issue was with using the card in the elevator to access upper floors. I was told at least once (thrice?) that I wasn't doing it right. I can't imagine I'm the only one?

Otherwise, I don't think you can really go wrong choosing this W.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hello, and thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us in Hollywood! I am glad to see you enjoyed your room, and your meeting as a success! The best compliments we can receive are focused on our Talent, and I appreciate you taking the time to recognize them.

I am sorry to see you encountered some issues with the security features in the elevator. It is always a top priority to ensure the safety of our guests. I will pass your feedback along to the Engineering team and look into it.

I hope we can expect you back next time you are in Los Angeles.

Vail
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Lobby Bar was hopping and suite had an amazing view of the City. Some of the furniture a little dinged up but overall the view and room were great. I would definitely return to the W when in Hollywood!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Why one pays almost $40 per night for parking and $15 a day for internet on top of the high prices for the rooms is puzzling at best. If you want to hang out here and be fabulous, great, but if you are in town on business pick someplace else with free wifi everywhere, not just public areas, and cheaper parking -- or park yourself across the street for $10 a day......

Also the rooms are horribly dark for those of us over 40..........

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have stayed in many W Hotels and this one IS THE BEST for a few reasons. First and foremost, the location is unbeatable. It is LITERALLY next to the Metro, across from the Pantages Theatre, on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, in the heart of Hollywood, walking distance to the best nightlife, restaurants, and Hollywood's legendary landmarks. Also, the standard rooms are larger (and in my opinion, less cluttered) than other W Hotels. They are well appointed, modern and extremely comfortable (if there wasn't so much to do around the property, I wouldn't have gotten out of bed). Check in was very easy. The lobby is stunning and ajdacnet to the bar. One downside was that the bar called last call around 12:00am and we had just gotten back. Granted, this was a Monday night. We asked our server to see if the bartender would mind extending for a while AND HE DID! This W is all about accomodating. At first this hotel may seem a bit pricey (although location alone eliminates a lot of extra travel money) but look for specials, they have them all the time. Also, it never hurts to call and ask what they can do for you. We were in town for a friends show and we brought our large group to celebrate after and one couple ended up staying and getting a room at a great rate. I didn't get a chance to use the spa or eat at the restaurant. Oh well, guess I have to go back.

Room Tip: Always ask for available upgrades. Starwood likes to accomodate.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us! I am so happy to see you enjoyed your stay at W Hollywood! I agree, our location right in the heart of Hollywood is awesome. It is not often in Los Angeles that you can be walking distance from so much, including public transportation.

I am glad to see we were able to accommodate you in the Living Room. Next time you are in town you definitely need to eat at Delphine and book a relaxing treatment at Bliss Hollywood!

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Great experience from the moment we drive on to the lot, 2 very friendly young men helped us out if car, unloaded luggage and were very helpful. Check-in was just the same! Very friendly young girl with Starwood spunk and style! We later ran into by accident one of the young gentlemen from the parking area who went out of his way to give us directions while we were walking down Sunset! Very friendly and I would def come back!!!:)

• Stayed January 2013

Been to W Hollywood? Share your experiences!