“Trendy find in Hollywood” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #65 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Toowoomba, Australia
“Trendy find in Hollywood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I've always liked the W brand and the W Hollywood was a great experience. We stayed for four nights as part of a trip to the USA and stayed during our whole time in LA.

The location of the hotel to the main Hollywood strip (eg. where Kodak Theatre is) was ok - around a 10 minute walk but to be honest most the places we went to were outside of Hollywood anyway.

The hotel itself is brilliantly designed and features some great options when it comes to food and drinks. Make sure to have drinks at the bar downstairs and dinner at night on rooftop - it's a great view across the city.

Lastly, the staff were brilliant and we really enjoyed the free Acura drop off service - make sure to use it if they still have it

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Hello, and thank you for choosing to stay at W Hollywood during your travels in the USA! We are glad to have you!

I am so glad you took advantage of all of the features on property, the views from Drai’s Restaurant are amazing. We will definitely have our signature Acura Service, it is a great complimentary feature that we can offer, and one that many of guests utilize.

I hope next time you are stateside you come back and visit us again.

1,023 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed at the W Hollywood this past weekend with family (2 adults, 2 girls). We absolutely loved this chic hotel conveniently located to many of the sights we wanted to see. Would definitely come back.

Top 10 things we liked about the W Hollywood:
-Staff: Extremely friendly with smiles all around. Brian at the front desk was a gem - personable, warm, welcoming and efficient. The cleaning staff were lovely as well.
-Window seat in the room: Fun addition. One of our girls insisted on using the wondow seat as a bed. Great for curling up on and reading a book (or people watching).
-Aromatherapy: We all loved the Bliss infused room, redolent of a soothing but fresh spa. The best smelling room we ever stayed in. Hands down. Fun to pass the Bliss spa to and fro the elevator since we stayed on the third floor. Loved the Bliss products in the bathroom.
-Beds: We found them very comfortable. The low beds were easier to sleep on frankly, and were almost Asian-styled in this way.
-Pool: Fun rooftop pool. Could be a little more heated for the cooler days.
-Coffee in the morning: Fresh and free in the lobby.
-Sweat gym: Spacious with usual stuff (treadmills, dumbells) but also with a large stretch room and a punching bag to get out your Hollywood aggressions.
-Location: Metro stop in same area, and easy access to highways for motoring around. Good restaurants within easy walking distance as well as kid friendly eateries as well. Book of Mormon production right across the street.
-Acura care service: Free and convenient for a 5 mile radius.
-Trader Joe's: In the same block. Good for getting last minute munchies and fruit.

3 things to improve on:
-Internet $$: Free access in the lobby, but would love if you didn't charge for room access.
-Valet $$: Convenient and friendly but $30 per night is a bit $teep, even by San Francisco standards.
-Key cards: Elevators need to be a bit more responsive to key cards for access to rooms. Minor point.

Room Tip: With a window seat.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Having stayed at W Hotels in Barcelona, London, San Diego & now here in Hollywood, i knew what to expect and type of service.
Stayed here one night for the Madonna concert at Staple Center. Location on Hollywood Blvd isn't the most desired. We did have a few drinks and early diner at the hotel. Hotel was clean, service was great. We did valet service at $30 a pop. Kinda steep for as I wasn't in San Francisco, but Hollywood.
Everything is pretty pricey, but its the W Hotel so I knew going in what prices were going to be. No big complaints.
If you haven't been, try it, I payed $199 the night, which was a great deal for the...W.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello, and thank you for your continued loyalty to W Hotels! We love having repeat guests, and I am glad to see you enjoyed your time with us in Hollywood.

Our WHEELS valet offers a convenient and safe parking option, and is very competitive with other properties in the Hollywood area.

I hope to welcome you back again soon,

Moreno Valley, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Two friends and myself stayed one night there on Nov 8. We had tickets to Book of Mormon and the location, right across the street, could not have been better. The room was very, very clean. They gave each of us a handicapped room. I'm not sure why but I had no problem with that. The bathroom, by hotel standards, was huge. I loved the Bliss toiletries in each room. Be careful of all the food and drinks lying around. You will pay dearly for them if you eat/drink them. The furniture is somewhat stark and kind of Scandinavian. Very minimalist and looks like it might have come from Ikea. The bed does not have box springs. The mattress lays on top of a wood platform that is very low to the floor. My husband (not with me on the trip) is in a wheelchair and he would have found it extremely difficult to transfer from his chair to the bed, and vice-versa. There is a nice window seat that is unusual for hotels. However, if you are under 6 feet tall be prepared to climb to get up on it. The Delphine restaurant for breakfast is really good. Service and food both. The drinks in the lobby bar (we had a drink after the show) are terribly overpriced, but hey, it's Hollywood. Now for the bad -- those key cards! Getting into the room is not a problem. However, the keycards are also used in the elevator and those darn things NEVER worked. All three of us had problems with the card reader and getting the sequence right. Wait for door to shut or insert card first? It's a nightmare and the instructions that are posted in the elevator don't help much. I saw lots of other people have this problem. We had problems EVERY time we used the elevator and one of my party even had to get a new card from the desk because the hotel personnel couldn't get it to work either. And sometimes we tried over and over and over before it would work. I wish the hotel would hire a security person to stand at the entrance to the elevators and check your ID. It would be much better than the frustration of using those key cards.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my family nov 2-7th, 2012 as my dad had a convention in LA.
I was initially excited to stay at the W, due to the location and roof top pool, however I have left very disappointed and definitely won't be staying here again.

I will start with the positive :
The food at delphini in the morning was very good, and had free coffee to go outside.
They had an Acura mdx service available to the guest thy could drive you where you wanted ( 5 miles max distance ) and starting around lunch time. We used this to get to dinner and other places.
It was across the street from the pantages theatre where we saw the Book of Mormon ( which was amazing !)

And now the negative:
The concierge staff was not that useful, I have seen staff in hostels more knowledgeable about their city than these people. They didn't seem to know much about the local attractions or seem to care. We did get a couple good restaurant suggestions but overall they weren't helpful.
- One of the nights, I called down to the front desk to ask for :1. Facecloths (as the cleaning staff only gave us 1) 2. A shower cap 3. Body lotion ( as we ran out ). When one of the staff showed up at the door he showed up with a toothbrush (?????), I repeated the 3 items I wanted and he returned with just the shower cap. A couple mins later a different man came to the door with the body lotion, but still no face cloths. It seemed like I was speaking a foreign language.
- However the biggest problem I had was with the room keys. All of our keys STOPPED WORKING EVERY SINGLE DAY, so we would have to go the front desk (wait in line sometimes ) and show ID and then get new room keys. I have never had this problem anywhere else in the world. One time my dad went to the pool and when he came back his key didn't work and they almost refused to give him a new one because he didn't have ID ! Completely ridiculous, and it was happening for 2 the rooms we were in. Upon complaining at checkout I believe they took off some charges from the room but it still left me with a negative experience overall.

I don't think I would recommend this hotel to my friends or family.

• Stayed November 2012
Telluride, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

First off, I have never had such a perfect experience at a hotel as I have at this one. (I stay in hotels approximately 50% of the year) I had a question about my reservation first of all, that couldn't be taken care of over the phone so I emailed the person responding to these posts and I got emailed back basically instantly and he was VERY helpful. When I arrived it is valet parking only, the front desk person was very friendly, told me about hotel amenities, told me about the car service (free anywhere within 5 miles), and checked me in early onto floor 9. The room was very upscale and trendy, the lobby is very busy at night time and has a GREAT jazz group/singer on Sundays. The security is perfect, in the evening they ask for your key before entering and before getting on elavator, I spotted at least 10 A list celebrities just hanging out in the lobby in the evening. The only complaint I have is the door lady at Drai's (the nightclub connecting to the hotel) was very rude, my guest forgot his credit card in the room, first off she wanted us to pay again to get in. Then when the securities guards for the club were talking about how they hated their jobs and wanted new ones (no one was in line) I opened the line and let him in, like the other security guard said I could. She walked up to me and said I was extremely disrespectful by unclicking the rope and letting him in, its like I just opened up the door to her home without asking, I need to watch myself and I have no tact. She also went off for about another minute while I bit my tongue and said nothing the whole time. I net worth is more than she will make in her lifetime and I was entertaining a sports client I had that night. Very unprofessional. But as far as the hotel, PERFECT!!! Great location. PS. I did use the Acura car service and they were great, make sure you check out Katsuya across the street, great food, and great bartenders at the W outside courtyard area. They were very protective over me and my client when drunk women came up to us asking for drinks, they asked them to leave and security took them away from us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Hello, and thank you for the great review, we really appreciate it!

It is always our goal to provide amazing experiences, and it sounds like we hit it home. I am glad you had a chance to experience Jazz Nights, they are quickly becoming one of the biggest events on Sundays in Hollywood.

I apologize for your experience at Drai’s, and will be sure to pass along your feedback. Please feel free to reach out prior to your next stay with us!

Have a great day,
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

W's are always so amazing and I was really looking forward to staying at this one in West Hollywood after seeing a concert at the Hollywood Palladium. It was the closest hotel to the venue and we were able to walk there and back even in my heels. The location is ideal as it's close to a ton of main attractions. We had a fabulous dinner at a restaurant right next to the hotel called Wood & Vine. Everything in the hotel is absolutely beautiful from the lobby to the rooms. The bathroom is really pretty and has a neat shower. I'd definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the end are better to avoid noise from guests walking in hallways.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to W Hollywood? Share your experiences!