“Umami is so yummi!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Umami Burger

Umami Burger
1520 North Cahuenga Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Hollywood)
323.469.3100
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Los Angeles, California
“Umami is so yummi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

One of my favorite places to get a good quality burger! They also have a very nice selection of beers if you are so inclined. I almost always get the signature umami burger, which comes with a number of different umami toppings such as parmesan crisp, tomato, mushrooms... so delicious. always perfectly cooked patty and perfectly grilled bun. not as huge as you might expect these days in our supersized culture but definitely filling, especially if you add some fries or onion rings. I don't like that they charge extra for extra ketchup (umami ketchup, though). Love the horseradish mayo on sweet potato fries.

• Turkish first
“Ewww-mami Burger! I went to the cahuenga...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Ewww-mami Burger!
I went to the cahuenga location, and although the service and vibe was cool, the food was horrible! I didn't mind when I wasn't allowed to make any substitutions, or that I only got a tiny bit of sauce, or that the burgers are automatically cooked medium rare... But the burgers are small (for $10+), you have to pay extra for a side (fries w burger should be a given), and each bite felt like I was taking a shot of grease. Ugh! I felt horribble after that meal, and the bill didn't make me feel any better.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lyon, France
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Fast-food style Hamburgers made with quality ingredients and fine-dining preparations. Homemade french fries are delicious as is the homemade ketchup and the garlic aoli. Juicy burgers served with a variety of toppings on viennoise style buns. Try any of the lamb burgers, really outstanding. Beef burgers very yummy too. Homemade pickle platter assortment was delicious. Small-label root-beer floats are tasty. House beers were very good. Desserts are ok.

Malibu, California
“Absolutely nothing special!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

I went to Umami Burger today because I heard so much commotion about them. I had the Umami Burger, the Hash burger, the Stilton Cheese Burger and an order of the “tempura” onion rings. None of it was anything special except that all the burgers oozed grease when you bit into them, They were good and perhaps worth the money but definitely did not justify all the raving about them.
In San Diego there are two places that have burgers that are so much better and cheaper: Hodads in Ocean Beach and the Burger Lounge which has several locations including Coronado and LaJolla. They are better than Umami Burger and they also have great milkshakes.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
CA
“Really Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

We saw this restaurant on the Food Network and had to go! It was as good as expected. We enjoyed our burgers 100% and also had the handcut fries and tempura onion rings. They have really good green iced tea and for dessert a peanut butter ding dong. We sat on the patio and it was a nice pace from the busy restaurant. The service was really good. It will be a place we visit over and over.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere