“An overrated icon” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Sign

Hollywood Sign
3204 Canyon Lake Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90068 (Central L.A)
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
Special Offer
$58*
and up
Hollywood Highlights and LA Beaches Tour from...
Ranked #48 of 310 Attractions in Los Angeles
Type: Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Landmarks
More attraction details
Owner description: Perched atop Mount Lee, this global symbol of Hollywood glamour measures 450 feet in length with mammoth white letters, each standing 45 feet high, spelling out the name of the city.
30 attraction reviews
“An overrated icon”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I think my disappointed with the Hollywood sign was that it didn't meet my expectations. It wasn't easily spotted from most locations in Los Angeles and even when I visited Griffith Observatory specially to see the sign, I was underwhelmed by how small the sign appeared and the distance. I think the media gave me an unrealistic view of the sign and seeing it in real life was very different.

Visited May 2014

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Llanwern, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
“AMAZING!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

I came to LA for my 30th birthday and the me thing I wanted to see, the Hollywood sign. All I will say is, it's fab, it's huge and it's Hollywood!

A must see for all, stunning drive around the windy houses of the Hollywood hills. I wish I was back there now.

Visited July 2014
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

This was so great to see the amazing sign that as a family we could only have dreamt of seeing. We drove around for ages to get the best spot as the main route has been closed for some time. When we managed to find the viewing point it was great to see our children's faces when they could have their photograph taken with this iconic landmark

Visited August 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
22 attraction reviews
“Worth the hassle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I visited January 2013

I must say it is definitely quite the tourist attraction, but its worth the hassle. Well, if you a picture freak like e, its worth it. The parking is absolutely horrible. I'm almost positive I parked illegal for the 15 minutes it took for me to snap that ''perfect shot." If you have the time to go early in the am, that would be your best bet.

Visited January 2014
Mukilteo
3 attraction reviews
“You know you're in Hollywood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Driving in a convertible and viewing the sign means you made it ! Even from afar , you have your own postcard ! Relatives who live in LA could direct to where to park to find park trail. but you have to be willing to hike . Photo from afar was just as nice. Fun adventure several years ago.

Visited June 2014