“What can I say, except "full marks"!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
20% OFF @ JerrysMotel.com
Ranked #10 of 323 hotels in Los Angeles
anywhere in the world
“What can I say, except "full marks"!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Okay, so we picked this place cos of trip advisor ratings. And overall, it lives up to them with bells on!!! Awesome!!! For this price, it is not heaven on earth of course. Let's be real. But a great stay and great value. Let me start with the drawbacks.

It is very close to downtown, but it is not downtown. It's kinda in the middle of nowhere. There is nothing of note nearby if you don't have a car. It's not a dangerous district, we felt perfectly safe, rather it's a dead district. There are no places to eat within 800m (at least, that you would want to eat at). But you can get buses to downtown nearby, so its isn't a real issue. The walk to downtown is not out of the question either, for people who like to stroll.

That said, let's get on to why I gave it a 5.

#1 It is very close to downtown LA.
#2 Very, very nice rooms, recently renovated. Very homely. My wife just loved the room!
#3 Nice bathrooms, all new, and with useful/nice products provided (a nice surprise).
#4 Free parking (useful if you rent a car, and as costs are very low in LA, I suggest you do that)
#5 Free wifi (not the fastest, but it worked)
#6 Jerry is so nice, so polite, so helpful, it was a pleasure to stay at his place. Thanks, Jerry!

Bottom line is this. If you dont have a car, then long term this place is not for you. The public transport system in LA is crap (though as I said, you can connect to downtown LA fairly easily from here), But then, my logic is this. If I book this place, and rent a car, the daily cost is still half of the cost of other places in this location.

So my advice for LA is simple. Rent a car and stay at Jerry's.

TIP1: what we did is this. Landed at LAX. Took the Flyaway bus from LAX to Union Station (cheap). Picked up the pre-booked car from Union Station (also cheap) and drove to Jerry's (5 mins). The reason we didn't hire from LAX is that we were not leaving LA via LAX. But if you are in and out of LAX, just book it from the airport (tho a longer drive of course).

Tip2: If you rent a car, then either rent the GPS with it or use your own GPS (I didn't rent one, I just added the relevant maps to my nokia beforehand and used that as GPS). But note also that I use an external GPS bluetooth unit rather than the internal nokia GPS, which is much slower and less accurate.

Room Tip: Its a small place, I think any/all rooms are going to be fine.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

476 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We were there in September 2012 and the staff was very helpful, we got answers for all our questions, they helped us to call a taxi and also we had a list of some food stores and buffets in our room. The hotel has a good location and we had everything we needed in the room (iron, tv etc). Before we came they warned us that there will be some construction works so we knew what we should expect

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I spent a week at Jerry's recently and really enjoyed it. The hotel is located very close to downtown and several freeways. The immediate neighborhood has some stores but not much that as a tourist you're going to visit. For me that didn't matter as I was only using the hotel as a place to sleep and spent most days traveling around LA. The central location was convenient for me.

The room was clean, bed comfortable, free parking next to hotel, good TV coverage, in-room safe, goodie basked upon check in, friendly staff. To me the room looked as if it had recently been refurbished.

The price for downtown LA was quite nice. Doubt I would have gotten such a good deal in other hotels.

I can't say anything about public transportation as I had a rental car and that worked just fine with Jerry's.

I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Rome, Lazio, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Comfortable bed,clean up to standard, parking included,nice staff,not so expensive but good. The neighouboroud is not really great but the location is good to reach every attraction of LA ina few minutes by car.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I really didn't know what to expect when I picked Jerry's Motel for our recent stay in LA, though I was definitely influenced by the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. Jerry's Motel was a very pleasant surprise tucked away off a side street in the shadow of downtown LA. We felt we had all the necessary amenities, staff was very friendly and accommodating, we were exceptionally close to all the freeways we needed to get to friends and family and it was inexpensive to boot! We will definitely stay at Jerry's the next time we return to LA.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms would be preferable because you wouldn't have the noise from people above you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Really helpful staff- our sat nav broke and the staff printed us maps and gave us directions to help. clean rooms and tv to watch, small bathroom, great location in the middle of most sights and comfortable beds.

Definately would stay again

• Stayed November 2012
Lessines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had to find somewhere to sleep not to far from LA Convention Center as I was running the half marathon and I found this little motel ...
Free parking in the heart of LA with a room at a very reasonnable price , and a free snacks bag offered when you arrived ... it was just perfect ...
This is not a brand new motel but a very welcoming one !

PS : first time I got the whole registration process done on an IPad ! :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Jerry's Motel? Share your experiences!