“Good for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Sands Motel

You added Coral Sands Motel to your Saves list
Coral Sands Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1730 North Western Ave., Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90027   |
Ranked #69 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Lake Stevens, Washington, United States
“Good for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Went to Hollywood for the first time to see my son. I needed an affordable place to stay. It was clean, quiet and I felt safe. Really important to me. Next time I go, I will be staying there. Grocery store and Starbucks on the corner. Very convenient.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for 10 days with my daughter on our recent trip to hollywood and I have to say I was very happy with our stay at coral sands motel. Staff were very helpful and we felt very safe. Very close to metro station and Ralph's next door was convinent.. At the end of the day you pay for what you get, it's not the Hilton but I didn't want to stay at the Hilton.. I would definately stay here again

Stayed December 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This motel ticked all the 4C's for me
- Cosy
- Clean
- Comfortable
- Convenience

Deserves a 3.5 star hotel classification for sure

15 min walk to heart of Hollywood, buses and subway options right on the street to travel to other attractions/areas. Grocer next door and eating options plentiful in short walking distance.
Spa and pool amenities a plus after a long, hot and tiring day!
And for the price we paid per night, great value for money. Highly recommend.
Special thanks to Pablo and Brian at the front counter for their friendly assistance.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Affordable for a nice motel in Hollywood. It is lacking some amenities for a longer stay such as mine (6 nights) such as no breakfast. Motel was built in the 40s so it has some "character" and is rather unique looking. Initial arrival might seem odd to some--the one-way parking lot loops around the building and is narrow (blink and you will drive by and have to go back around the block). The front of the motel looks like a private residence and the lobby door like someone's front door. There is a note on the door that says to push a button and then open the door, but it is not necessary. The lobby is the only way into the rooms but it is open 24/7 and staffed. The parking lot says it is monitored and with the inconspicuous entrance, the motel felt safe. Some of the surrounding neighborhood seemed seedy and some was more upper-middle-class. There is a shopping center next door where I bought breakfast food for my stay. I stayed on the top floor which was quiet. The room was small but nice and had an oven, safe, and fridge. The nicest thing about the room was the shower (see my pic). The motel is near Hollywood Blvd, but unfortunately over a mile walking distance to get to the main tourist area, so it was a bit frustrating to have to drive there and pay for parking. Don't stay there for the view--you see the courtyard and and parking lot, and the condo next door. One desk clerk was grumpy, but the rest were helpful. The one who checked me in gave me an in-house discount since I am an AAA member but they do not participate in AAA discounts. That was nice of him since he was not required to do so. Not a great place for a family to stay for a length of time, but fine for a day or so, and better for an individual traveler.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
West Hollywood, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When I read all these mostly positive comments, I was sure I booked a great hotel.
But the surprise was even bigger arriving.

When you park your car and trie to find your way to the office, you really ask your self :
"Oh my God, where did I end up ??"
The hotel looks pretty old and I needs quit some repairs.
Walking to my room didn't make the feeling go away although the reception was extremely friendly and helpful. A big PLUS for them.

Arriving in my room confirms this is an old hotel, BUT...
They did a great job in keeping it clean. and for me thats the most important !!

Once you get over the fact that this is an older hotel, you feel pretty fine.
I stayed for 4 days and there was never an issue with cleanliness or other service.

Parking is spacious, there is a micro wave and laundry machine at your disposal and the swimming pool is in the center of the building.

TIPs for the Visitors:
- there 's some parking in the front of the hotel (for unloading your bags) but be aware that it's paid public parking. Parking in the back is FREE
- There 's a Starbucks at less than 1 min walking
- Metro is very close

TIPs for the hotel owner:
- Lobby feels pretty dated. not the best first impression
- Didn't go for a swim because the pool had quit sand in it.

OVERALL :

Great value for money, Friendly staff, great location and easy to park for free.

I would like to give a it a 4 star but because of the facts it's an outdated hotel, I give a overall score of 3.
5 stars for friendly service
4 stars for location

Room Tip: If you need your wireless internet, Ask for a room with good internet connectivity ! I did when boo...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first stop in Los Angeles. I chose the hotel because of its location and I was not disappointed. The metro station is almost in the hotel's door. A lot of facilities nearby: Ralphs market, restaurants, Starbucks, CVS, etc. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I thought it will be noisy because is near the jacuzzi and it was summertime, but it was really ok. I didn't tried the pool and jacuzzi but people seemed to enjoy it a lot. People in the reception were really nice and friendly. We needed to check out early and they did it very fast with no questions or arguing. It is a place I'll recommend my friends to stay when coming to LA.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

I had a few days and wanted to explore the area from the perspective of a resident. I like to run. Griffith Park is a couple of blocks away, absolutely amazing place to run & hike (if you want to see the views of course)! I went right up to the Hollywood sign and a lot of cool neighborhoods along Franklin & Canyon to see (if you like that sort of stuff) coming out of the park a little further to the West. And I felt as safe as anywhere walking around the area. I needed a pair of jeans and a shirt because I packed light. No problem, Ross was right next door (And a Marshall's literally just opened while I was there). A grocery store, drug store, Starbucks among other places are all right there. It was like living in a nice studio apartment. The metro was on that block. I walked 3/4 of a mile to take a metro bus down Santa Monica Blvd to run up to Venice Beach and the pier. Was a piece of cake and a great tour of Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Century City & everything in between. $1.75 each way to see quite a bit in an hour and change. Thai town is a block down Hollywood Blvd. So you have to hit up a few of those places, great food! I was solo and had work to get done for a few hours each day. Wifi works great, with a nice little table to work on. The enclosed design of the property giving everyone a pool view was comforting. For being right on Western & Hollywood it was so quiet. Comparable motels in the area do not have this type of privacy, not at all. It was so easy to get my work done with the peace and quiet. It's no Ritz of course but the little pool/hot tub Courtyard area was a nice touch to the basic setup. I had the king sized bed, slept like a baby and the bathroom might be small for a couple or if you have a lot of stuff to take out (make up etc...) but for me it was perfect. For an older building you could tell that the bath/shower was updated recently and was spotless. I would have stayed longer if I could. For the price, couldn't come close to being that satisfied anywhere else.

The staff was just the kind of friendly enough that you felt comfortable when you were there. I have a 7 year old and I probably wouldn't have stayed in the area if he were with me however after being there this time I would totally feel fine having him there with me. It's not exactly catered for kids but definitely safe enough for them. Overall, again...couldn't have been more satisfied.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Coral Sands Motel? Share your experiences!