“Enjoyed a large group business dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Toscanova

Toscanova
10250 Santa Monica Blvd., #192, Los Angeles, CA 90067 (Century City)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Toscanova is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #582 of 8,553 restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Century City
Colorado
“Enjoyed a large group business dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We had a private room here for a group of 14. Everyone immensely enjoyed Thier food and drinks. The special was a mozzarella from Italy with tomatoes and a pepper purée that was amazing. I had a blueberry martini that was also unforgettable. My entire was sole, which was good. Lastly, I had hazelnut gelato which I highly recommend. The service was top notch.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
San Francisco, California
“Only go there if you like being treated badly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The worst lunch service experience I've had with one notable saving grace without which this restaurant really merits zero stars as opposed to one - our server, Alessandra was delightful with a bright smile, but her effort to make an awful experience palatable (no pun intended) just couldn't overturn. So... walk in, be ignored by the woman in the host table who is staring out in space. Three minutes go by and you call her to attention. She says 'sit anywhere'. I go to the bar, take a booth and say could I have a beer while I wait for my friend, after which I make it a Peroni. The barkeep dumps a glass and a bottle of Peroni in front of me, doesn't pour it and walks away. The glass is dirty. I have them change it. My buddy arrives and he's also ignored by the lady in front. We have lunch. I have their special mushroom risotto at an exorbitant $28... greasy creamy and tasteless. That was preceded by an equally tasteless broccoli soup (at $14 a bowl). The best bit of lunch was my green tea bag... and Alessandra who by herself couldn't overturn a restaurant run by groupies who really couldn't care less about their customers. For $120 between two of us, we could have eaten for a month at McDonalds and probably gotten more welcome cheer in the process. Avoid.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, MI
“Authentic Italian!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

After reading the reviews, we decided to try this restaurant, which is housed in the open air mall near and within easy walking distance from the Hyatt Century City. The environment is nice and the wait staff attentive. I had the wild board ragu with pasta - it was excellent. I was anxious to try it after having one of the best meals I've ever had in Tuscany - which included this same dish. The dish here did not disappoint and reminded me of my Tuscan meal. All at our table enjoyed the meal - I would return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“An unexpected delight!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This place is situated inside a mall, so I didn't have very high expectations but as we walked past on a sunday afternoon we noticed they were having happy hour which represented excellent value from 4pm til close! The place however is gorgeous, we were seated outside and it almost felt like we were in italy under the sun, and a great place to people watch as well. Drinks were cheap and although we were only there to have a few drinks, then proceeded to have dinner as well with their $5 plates! All the plates we tried were excellent, my favourite being the calamari, and their tender meatballs as well as the grilled shrimp. Excellent for dates and groups alike. It can be pretty pricey though if you come at normal times, so id definitely recommend happy hour and enjoy their italian style tapas on hand.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stafford
“The best Italian restaurant we have eaten in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

On our one night off from BJ's in Century City we stumbled across Toscanova.

We had a fussy group of 6 eaters but nobody was disappointed with all of us remarking it was probably the best Italian restaurant ever

A waiter whose English was poor added to the authenticity the food and service were fantastic

I urge you to try this restaurant and make sure you have the truffles!!! Also leave room for dessert - amazing

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere