“Not bad, not something I would recommend spending your money on.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Wax Museum

Hollywood Wax Museum
6767 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Hollywood)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #84 of 466 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: If you love movies and want to rub elbows with your favorite stars, the Hollywood Wax Museum is the place to be. This star-studded tourist attraction is structured so you can get up close and personal for a fun experience and amazing photos. Who will you see? Top stars from classic films and modern Blockbusters set in famous scenes. Come play with the stars!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not bad, not something I would recommend spending your money on.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

This was a cool place to see (once) but it wasn't worth the money, I would recommend keeping your money and spending it on a nice place to eat. Could have been kept up better, each character had about an inch of dust on it. Not thrilled.

1 Thank Akirch

Las Vegas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Not so good - Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

I was very disappointed in this attraction. I guess it comes along with the price we paid. Its a combo ticket for the Wax museum and the Guiness World Records Museum across the street. We didnt enjoy either and feel it was a waste of money. After being so disappointed - we went to Madame Tussands Wax Museum down hollywood blvd near Grauman's Chinese theater. If you want to see a nice Wax museum - GO TO MADAME TUSSANDS!!! So worth the money.

Dont waste your time or money at Hollywood Wax Museum

2 Thank bmxmom38
Las Vegas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Terrible Waste of Time and Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

We bought this as part of the 3 attraction package at Ripley's Believe it or Not.. an $11 upsell. The other attraction was the Guiness Book of Records museum which after the Wax Museum, we didn't even bother. The was figures were just bad. I agreed with the previous reviewer, who said Samuel Jackson was the only good one. Give the money to a homeless person, you will feel better

2 Thank djsinner
vancouver, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wish I would have read the reviews before we went!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

My husband and I were killing some time while in Hollywood, so we thought we would go check out the wax museum. What a waste of money that was. I didn't think the wax figures looked very good at all. The only one that looked good was Samuel Jackson. Some of the figures look cheap and very old. I wasn't too impressed at all. My husband and I both walked around with a disapointed look on our faces... both hoping it would get better and it really didn't. Don't waste your time on this place.

2 Thank jwg415
Winnipeg, Manitoba
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“You will be disappointed and feel ripped off!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

This place stays in business only by the fact its on Hollywood Blvd at 'Ground Zero' and its patrons don't know any better.

95% of the thirty-odd full-figure displays are old, discolored and falling apart. Someone mentioned they look to have leprocy - I could not have stated it better myself! The next 5% are newer but cheaply done and very fake. Not life-like at all. There was one new figure of Samuel L. Jackson - this one was very realistic, and very well done - the only thing the owners have spent any money on.

The sets and backgrounds are actually very well done, and I was impressed with them. But the wax figures - which you are there to see - are a joke.

Cost of $15.95 per adult for this place is theivery. You will feel cheated out of your money. On the other hand, if you want a good laugh and won't miss the money, by all means check it out.

2 Thank live2hike