“Not bad, not something I would recommend spending your money on.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Wax Museum

Hollywood Wax Museum
6767 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Hollywood)
323-462-5991
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #171 of 385 attractions in Los Angeles
Type: Specialty Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: If you love movies and want to rub elbows with your favorite stars, the Hollywood Wax Museum is the place to be. This star-studded attraction is structured so you can get up close and personal for a fun experience and amazing photos. Who will you see? Top stars from classic films and modern Blockbusters set in famous scenes… everyone from Lucille Ball to Lucy Lui, John Wayne to Johnny Depp, and Frankenstein to Freddy Krueger. You’ll be able to ride aboard the Titanic, skip down the Yellow Brick Road, try your karate moves with Charlie’s Angels and much more.Come play with the stars!
“Not bad, not something I would recommend spending your money on.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011 via mobile

This was a cool place to see (once) but it wasn't worth the money, I would recommend keeping your money and spending it on a nice place to eat. Could have been kept up better, each character had about an inch of dust on it. Not thrilled.

• Turkish first
Las Vegas
12 attraction reviews
“Not so good - Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

I was very disappointed in this attraction. I guess it comes along with the price we paid. Its a combo ticket for the Wax museum and the Guiness World Records Museum across the street. We didnt enjoy either and feel it was a waste of money. After being so disappointed - we went to Madame Tussands Wax Museum down hollywood blvd near Grauman's Chinese theater. If you want to see a nice Wax museum - GO TO MADAME TUSSANDS!!! So worth the money.

Dont waste your time or money at Hollywood Wax Museum

Las Vegas
“Terrible Waste of Time and Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

We bought this as part of the 3 attraction package at Ripley's Believe it or Not.. an $11 upsell. The other attraction was the Guiness Book of Records museum which after the Wax Museum, we didn't even bother. The was figures were just bad. I agreed with the previous reviewer, who said Samuel Jackson was the only good one. Give the money to a homeless person, you will feel better

vancouver, WA
“Wish I would have read the reviews before we went!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

My husband and I were killing some time while in Hollywood, so we thought we would go check out the wax museum. What a waste of money that was. I didn't think the wax figures looked very good at all. The only one that looked good was Samuel Jackson. Some of the figures look cheap and very old. I wasn't too impressed at all. My husband and I both walked around with a disapointed look on our faces... both hoping it would get better and it really didn't. Don't waste your time on this place.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
“You will be disappointed and feel ripped off!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

This place stays in business only by the fact its on Hollywood Blvd at 'Ground Zero' and its patrons don't know any better.

95% of the thirty-odd full-figure displays are old, discolored and falling apart. Someone mentioned they look to have leprocy - I could not have stated it better myself! The next 5% are newer but cheaply done and very fake. Not life-like at all. There was one new figure of Samuel L. Jackson - this one was very realistic, and very well done - the only thing the owners have spent any money on.

The sets and backgrounds are actually very well done, and I was impressed with them. But the wax figures - which you are there to see - are a joke.

Cost of $15.95 per adult for this place is theivery. You will feel cheated out of your money. On the other hand, if you want a good laugh and won't miss the money, by all means check it out.