“Good location, very poor facilities. One thing you could say - it's cheap!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Beverly Inn

You added Beverly Inn to your Saves list
Beverly Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7701 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036 (Central L.A)   |
Ranked #252 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
London, United Kingdom
“Good location, very poor facilities. One thing you could say - it's cheap!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2005

Surprisingly cheap, considering it's location (a stone throw from Beverly Hills/Hollywood Boulevard). However, the condition of the room and the rest of the hotel, left a lot to be desired.

I stayed in one of their larger rooms, as I had my wife and kids with me. The door of the fridge wouldn't close, I had to ask for the TV to be changed as the images were green and white!! There were no coffee or tea making facilities, although one was provided the day after we arrived, as we said we must at least be able to make tea/coffee in our room!

I booked and payed for hotel accommodation in the UK before flying to LA. Hotel had been advertised as serving breakfast and that this was included in the price. A big LIE! No food served in the hotel at all. This was a bit hard to handle, as the first things the kids normally ask for when they wake up is, can I have some breakfast please.

As a result of this, we had to leave the hotel earlier than we normally would have done if breakfast was served, as had been advertised. I most certainly do not like being rushed when on vacation!

Owners, who were of Asian origin (Indians) were very nice and helpful. They apologised for the mis-information and did their best to make our stay as comfortable as possible. We stayed for a week.

If you are travelling on a budget, and want to stay in a place as close to the "stars" as possible, without having to pay a star price, this may be the place for you. However, I do not think I would recommend it to anyone or stay there again, myself.

• Stayed August 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2005

This place is car motel that has seen much better days; the beds are old and offer no support, the televisions, carpets, and furnishings are likewise well-used, and the overall effect can be somewhat depressing. However, it does offer limited parking and convenient location at a very inexpensive rate and the bathrooms were clean; it attracts tourists who are more interested in the surrounding neighborhoods (which are quite nice with wonderful restaurants) and less interested in where they stay for the night. There was a cafe down the street when I was there in 2002, it's along major bus lines, with a terrific market close by across the street. It is also right across from the CBS studios, and about four blocks walking from an old-style diner and bakery. The comments on other sites focus on the ethnic background of the clerks and manager, but I found them pleasant and accommodating. That is why I actually felt safe there as a single female traveler (although I suspect others would not feel this way). This is just slightly above average for what you would expect for the price, but you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2002, traveled on business

Been to Beverly Inn? Share your experiences!