“Cheap & Decent” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Mirage Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
La Mirage Inn
You added La Mirage Inn to your Saves list
6020 Franklin Ave., Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Hollywood)   |
Ranked #178 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
“Cheap & Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Like a lot of the other posters, I was surprised at the amount of deposits and the overall school marm authoritarian rule of the place. I understand they must have been burned in the past and they're trying to avoid hookers and partying and drugs on the premises, but some of us are just good, normal people who need an inexpensive place to stay. I hate the idea of the doors locking at 7pm or whenever it is so you have to buzz the owner to get back in. The no visitors rule had me scared to death even for my friend to come pick me up. And the maid was so weird and suspicious about me asking for an extra towel, I didn’t even bother after that.

Just a note: For what they're charging per night ($80 something), it is not worth it at all - there are comparable places in Hollywood that are much nicer. The weekly rate is $340 and very worth it, if you need a cheap place to stay and you have very basic standards.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011 via mobile

This was our first time to have to leave a deposit for a room key and tv remote. The rooms were not very clean, carpet dirty, hot water was only warm not hot. Not the best neighbourhood. Not the worst but certainly not even close to the best.

• Stayed July 2011
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

An older Indian couple run and own this hotel.

They are fairly nice people but not totally assimilated into American culture. Understanding this would probably help you enjoy your stay here.

If you need a cheap place to stay in Hollywood I would say this place is as good as it gets. There is no pool, it is somewhat close to the freeway, there is no real social space, but, the staff is good at what they do, the rules more or less make sense for the clientele and the area (they don't allow visitors etc.), and the location is very central. They also don't have fridges, they should get those...

Anyways, it's got pluses and minuses but for the price it is an overall keeper. In response to the previous post, I would say that the management is pretty laid back so long as you play by their rules, and realize there is a reason why the world has the word "ugly americans", because we come from a presumptous culture. I digress...
... good wifi.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

clean, respectable travelers stay here, daily maid service... i enjoyed my stay here, but at night there is a crazy woman who sleeps outside who yells all nite but she eventually goes away, it is walking distance to restaurants or hollywood bl, it has satellite tv and no insects (etc)... i will stay here again if i am ever in hollywood, i gave it a thumbs up only for the weekly special, but i think it is one of the best little secret motels in hollywood, regardless of all the deposits required for a key or remote controll

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

We stay there only 3 days, and we spent 300 $, high price for this hotel, but if u ca stay there for 1 week they will apply 50% off so 1 week will cost only 350$.
Very clean, comforteble beds, and nice people are working there. wi-fi included

Only few steps from the vine/hollywood station.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

We stayed here because it was two blocks from family, which was nice because we didn't have to "hang out" in our room. It's perfectly fine if you just need a place to crash. But they required deposits for everything - for example the remote and the *room card*! If you do stay, do yourself a favor and go explore Franklin Blvd. See the Citizen's Brigade, have coffee at Bourgeois Pig, and beers at the Birds. Shoot, you'd probably have a better time at the grocery store than in your room...

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

I had a very positive experience at this hotel. My friend that I was visiting lived across the street so I stayed here only by chance. Awesome location right in the middle of Hollywood. Walking distance from the UCB Theatre, Prizzi's Pizza, Birds, Gelson's Supermarket and other cool hangouts with good food. I felt extremely welcome and I even came in late a few times without being made to feel guilty(you have to be buzzed in after dark). The staff(most of which seem to be an Indian family which live inside of the hotel) were very warm and always greeted me with a hello and smile as I was going to and fro. Very safe area, it's across the street from a school and there are signs indicating that the area is a "Safe School Zone" with higher penalties for committing crimes. My room was incredibly clean and equipped with an effective air conditioner. Housekeeping came in every day in the early afternoon to do a very thorough cleaning job. My only unpleasant experience was when they came in before noon when I really, really wanted to sleep in. But other than that, I couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to La Mirage Inn? Share your experiences!