“nice, comfortable,Quiet, clean, but a bit noisy outside, still okay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Mirage Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
La Mirage Inn
Save Saved
You added La Mirage Inn to your Saves list
6020 Franklin Ave., Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Hollywood)   |
Ranked #146 of 323 hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California
“nice, comfortable,Quiet, clean, but a bit noisy outside, still okay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

clean, respectable travelers stay here, daily maid service... i enjoyed my stay here, but at night there is a crazy woman who sleeps outside who yells all nite but she eventually goes away, it is walking distance to restaurants or hollywood bl, it has satellite tv and no insects (etc)... i will stay here again if i am ever in hollywood, i gave it a thumbs up only for the weekly special, but i think it is one of the best little secret motels in hollywood, regardless of all the deposits required for a key or remote controll

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

We stay there only 3 days, and we spent 300 $, high price for this hotel, but if u ca stay there for 1 week they will apply 50% off so 1 week will cost only 350$.
Very clean, comforteble beds, and nice people are working there. wi-fi included

Only few steps from the vine/hollywood station.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

We stayed here because it was two blocks from family, which was nice because we didn't have to "hang out" in our room. It's perfectly fine if you just need a place to crash. But they required deposits for everything - for example the remote and the *room card*! If you do stay, do yourself a favor and go explore Franklin Blvd. See the Citizen's Brigade, have coffee at Bourgeois Pig, and beers at the Birds. Shoot, you'd probably have a better time at the grocery store than in your room...

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

I had a very positive experience at this hotel. My friend that I was visiting lived across the street so I stayed here only by chance. Awesome location right in the middle of Hollywood. Walking distance from the UCB Theatre, Prizzi's Pizza, Birds, Gelson's Supermarket and other cool hangouts with good food. I felt extremely welcome and I even came in late a few times without being made to feel guilty(you have to be buzzed in after dark). The staff(most of which seem to be an Indian family which live inside of the hotel) were very warm and always greeted me with a hello and smile as I was going to and fro. Very safe area, it's across the street from a school and there are signs indicating that the area is a "Safe School Zone" with higher penalties for committing crimes. My room was incredibly clean and equipped with an effective air conditioner. Housekeeping came in every day in the early afternoon to do a very thorough cleaning job. My only unpleasant experience was when they came in before noon when I really, really wanted to sleep in. But other than that, I couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
San Fransisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

The place is fine. Rooms are clean and basic. Location is fine, Next to the 101 fwy and located at the base of the Hollywood Hills. The problem is the managers are not very welcoming. We went there because of the location and got treated like we were intuders. When we came back late one night, the owner (or manager) had to be woken up and came out sleepy eyed to buzz us in. We didn't want to leave again, even though we were going to a party, which is the main reason for the trip. When we came back later, he could not have been more annoyed with us. Between the inch thick bullet-proof glass and feeling like prisoners, I think we'll stay somewhere else next time.

Jessica

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — front desk
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Page, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

I came from Arizona for two days for a meeting in Hollywood. My girlfriend who lives in Orange County, stayed with me at the motel. We checked in and said we might stay another night, and we would let them know in the morning. The next morning, my girlfriend went to work. I had put my wallet in her purse the night before. I went down to the office to let them know we would be staying another night. The woman said she needed to see my credit card again. I told her it was in my girlfriend's purse, but she could just run the number again. She very rudely in her thick accent told me she needed to see the card again or I had to leave, even though she had the number from the night before. I told her I didn't have a car and had nowhere to put my things. She wagged her finger at me and told me to pay or get out. I offered to leave her my $2000 lap top for collateral. She said no! She said I could wait for David, her husband and talk to him. I did, and was late for my meeting. When David showed up, he finally said I could leave my things in the room, but surrender my key and not go into the room until I showed him my credit card again, even though it was the same card as the night before!
I had stayed there years before and told him that. He couldn't have cared less. Amazing that you pay $114 + tax for a standard motel room and get treated like that. Stay away unless you want to be treated like a piece of trash!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Very Rude!!!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
los angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2008

The room was very clean and had a nice bed, clean bathroom, close the 101 fwy, which was fine, not too noisy and located in a nice neighborhood in Hollywood, close to "Hollywood", but in a more suburban neighborhood. The problem was: I paid $114.00 per night because the only remaining room had a kitchen. The "kitchen" was a mini fridge and a microwave. The manager or owner, David was nice enough, but I felt like a criminal staying there. I had to pay a $20 deposit for the tv remote, like I would steal a $5 remote, so I have to put $20 down to ensure that won't happen. Also, I was staying by myself, but had a friend in town, and when I tried to bring her to the room just to grab some stuff, so we could go out for the night, he actually tried to charge me $5 for her to come into the room!!! Why not $20? After all, she might steal the remote. I was so offended I told him I would not pay the $5 (out of principle) and he told me I had to pay it or I could not stay there. I paid the $5, which I wish I hadn't, and just gone somewhere else, but I didn't.

I understand you're in Hollywood, where there are some criminals, but I can find a place in the same neighborhood that doesn't think I'm one. You have to have better judgment than that.

That whole experience ruined it for me. Next time I'm in town for business, I'll go to the Best Western, two blocks away.

Mike Moore

• Liked — clean room
  • Disliked — being treated like a criminal.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to La Mirage Inn? Share your experiences!