“Great Stopover Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #116 of 323 hotels in Los Angeles
“Great Stopover Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2005

I stayed at the Westin LAX after a flight from NZ. I had to catch a morning flight to NYC the next day so it seemed a good option because of the price and free shuttle.

As I exited the airport the shuttle happened to be waiting so I got lucky and was able to head directly to the hotel. Very clean and airy lobby. I was checked in quickly and efficently.

The room was clean and had a view of the airport runways. Heavenly bed was great. Lots of amennities, towels, etc.

Only two drawbacks were early morning flights that were departing directly over the hotel. Woke me up a few times, but I was the one that requested the room on the airport side because I love planes. Not the fault of the hotel. The second problem was when I discovered I left my toothbrush in NZ. Took a few calls before brush and paste were brought to my room. Staff apologized so no worries.

Overall, a great hotel to stay at if catching a flight at LAX. A bit far from attractions so I wouldn't recommend it if staying in Los Angeles.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business

1,832 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2005

This is a nice, modern hotel with very friendly staff members. We booked our room on Hotwire, and when asked at the front desk, were able to get a nonsmoking room, on the third floor.

Here are the pros:
The bed was extremely comfortable, with lovely sheets! Quite to our surprise, the food, ordered through room service, was good, and served on fancy silver platters with glass goblets of iced water. I especially recommend their club sandwich and carrot cake; both were fresh, filling, good sized portions, and delicious... What a wonderful surprise! Although we were close to the airport, (as the name implies), there was little noise, and the hotel is close to everything. Our room was clean and neat, and offered internet service.

The cons:
There was only ONE bottle of shampoo (no conditioner, or lotion).
While the hotel offers shuttle service, parking was $15 per day.
Internet service outside the room was pay-per-minute.

The Upshot:
Good for one night, through priceline or hotwire, (as we did, and moved to a hotel with parking included, which is quite possible), and especially nice for business travelers.

• Stayed April 2005
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2005

Me and my husband stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in April of 2005. Hotel was nice and clean...but nothing special. But I had no compaint since I only paid about $65.00 per night through hotwire. They do charge you $15.00 per day parking fee, if you have a car.

• Stayed April 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2005

this hotel for 90 us 4 people...is the best deal in town.

• Stayed March 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2005

When you call the Westin, they claim to be the best hotel at the airport. Well, that much is true. I have stayed at almost every Los Angeles Airport Hotel. The Westin does have them all beat with the Heavenly Bed. I got in really late from a flight and I didn't feel like driving. I stopped in and they had a new desk for their Gold and Platinum members. There was no line and they treated me like I was a celebrity. I even got an upgrade to a room with a great city view. I am not sure if I was really tired or if it really was just the best sleep of my life. I was out early in the morning, but before I left I received my favorite newspaper.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2005

The hotel is sprawling and lacks character. In addition, although we requested a non-smoking room with double beds, apparently that got translated into a smoking king. (We were able to transfer to a smoking double). If you're not used to smoking rooms, the particles in the air are really distracting and by the end of it, you sound like a two-packer yourself. Toiletries, everything mediocre. I had a much better experience at the Crowne Plaza LAX.

• Stayed January 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2005

beware! half of this hotel faces a dog kennel. you will be up all night to the sound of howling dogs. an ureal situation. when i complained to the manager the following morning he smiled and said, "we know about the problem, but its not our property." to make matters worse my room was also dirty with gross hair and stains in the bathroom with filth and mold on the air filter grates. if you stay at lax avoid this place. did i mention that a long distance call is 10 dollars for the first minute anywhere out of the city limit?

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Los Angeles Airport? Share your experiences!