“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #117 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2005

this hotel for 90 us 4 people...is the best deal in town.

• Stayed March 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2005

When you call the Westin, they claim to be the best hotel at the airport. Well, that much is true. I have stayed at almost every Los Angeles Airport Hotel. The Westin does have them all beat with the Heavenly Bed. I got in really late from a flight and I didn't feel like driving. I stopped in and they had a new desk for their Gold and Platinum members. There was no line and they treated me like I was a celebrity. I even got an upgrade to a room with a great city view. I am not sure if I was really tired or if it really was just the best sleep of my life. I was out early in the morning, but before I left I received my favorite newspaper.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2005

The hotel is sprawling and lacks character. In addition, although we requested a non-smoking room with double beds, apparently that got translated into a smoking king. (We were able to transfer to a smoking double). If you're not used to smoking rooms, the particles in the air are really distracting and by the end of it, you sound like a two-packer yourself. Toiletries, everything mediocre. I had a much better experience at the Crowne Plaza LAX.

• Stayed January 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2005

beware! half of this hotel faces a dog kennel. you will be up all night to the sound of howling dogs. an ureal situation. when i complained to the manager the following morning he smiled and said, "we know about the problem, but its not our property." to make matters worse my room was also dirty with gross hair and stains in the bathroom with filth and mold on the air filter grates. if you stay at lax avoid this place. did i mention that a long distance call is 10 dollars for the first minute anywhere out of the city limit?

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
New York City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Westin LAX on February 12th before our flight the next morning. This was the worst Westin I have ever seen. The room was filthy. There was a big orange stain on the duvet cover on their "Heavenly Bed". It wasn't heavenly at all. The room was very dusty with stains on the table top. The bathroom was pretty gross with other people's hairs (from all parts of the body) on the floor, tub and counter top. I can't even begin to describe the smell in the room either. Let's just say, we checked out very very early eventhough our flight was not till noon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2005

I personally loved my room, one of the nicer hotels I've stayed at. However, the room you get very much depends on how you book it.

Since I was traveling on business, I booked my reservation through our corporate travel agent and paid $150 a night -- got a room in the 8th floor, with nice Heavenly bath products, dual showerhead, furniture, a bathrobe, and starbucks coffee in the room.

My sister, who was staying for the same weekend, booked through Hotwire and got a discount rate of $75. She was stuck in a smoking room on the 4th floor (though requested non-smoking) that smelled pretty bad, worse bath products (generic conditioning shampoo only), single showerhead, and generic coffee.

Is it worth it to pay more for a better room? In my case, I think so (mostly 'cause my company's paying for it ;) ). If you find yourself being assigned to fifth floor or below, try to request one of the upper floors if they have it.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
New York City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2005

We thought the hotel was perfectly nice looking and the food in the restaurant was good but our visit was plagued by a series of mishaps. We waited for the shuttle bus from the airport for 45 minutes and when we called the hotel they said we should just wait--didn't offer to check on the bus or anything. Then we were put in a room with no towels in the bathroom and a lamp that didn't work. The worst came after I left my purse in the restaurant overnight. At 6am, I called downstairs and they said they couldn't find it. I went down and found it myself under the table where we had sat the night before. My wallet was there and credit cards also but about $300 was missing. I waited ages for the security guard and when I told him what happened he said it must have been a hotel guest, could not have been staff. When I pointed out that we were the last dinner guests out that night so that in fact cleaning staff would have had more of a chance than a guest to dive under the table and find my purse he refused to investigate and told me I should call LAPD myself. We had a flight to catch and when my husband began to argue with him, he told us to leave the premises and that if we didn't, he would call the police. I immediately faxed and emailed a letter to the hotel's general manager and received an acknowledgement but have not had any other response, let alone an apology or explanation--that was two months ago.

Been to The Westin Los Angeles Airport? Share your experiences!