“VILE HIDEOUS 1 star hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #117 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sydney
“VILE HIDEOUS 1 star hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

air con in room didn't work and faced the sun the whole day. Keys need to be recoded x3 time. Given an interconnecting room that smelt of dust and had a screaming child for hours. Room was dusty as in the counters and side tables were filth. And worse it smelt like mould. Access was not provided to HSIA OR the executive club and had to ask again. No free HSIA provided. Hotel room was hot like I was in the tropics,, and maintenance said it will cool down at night and didn't. Staff made you fell like an inconvenience,,,, homeless mankind sleeping in our hallway.... TERRIBLE AWFUL AND PAID $200 for the privilege... The GM of the Westin LAX airport should be ashamed the business is run. This way. I will never stay at your Westin or any other Westin. Disgraceful awful

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is about a 10 minute shuttle ride from LAX. Keep in mind how huge LAX is, and that you might have to wait 30 minutes for your shuttle to arrive. The front of the hotel is currently under construction, so I was dropped off on the side of the hotel and no one was there to greet or direct me. No big deal, I followed the signs to check in. The lobby is nice, and looks fairly recently renovated. There is a lobby coffee shop, bar, and a great restaurant that serves steaks and seafood. Upstairs, the room showed its age. The carpet and wallpaper were a little dingy, and the bathroom has fake marble instead of granite. The shower head was sort of fancy, but the water came out in a slow drizzle--not uncommon in California, at least it was hot. The wi-fi was free in the lobby and restaurant, but not in the room. The best part of any Westin is their trademark Westin Heavenly Bed, and this one did not disappoint. I slept well and barely noticed the airplanes over head. My room was on the fourth floor, east side. I recommend this hotel for a quick 1 or 2 night stay, just don't expect typical Westin quality and amenities.

Room Tip: I wasn't bothered by the air traffic on the 4th floor, east side.
Green Features: Recycling trash can under the desk is great to have.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
WestinLAXGM, General Manager at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
First off... Happy Holidays!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Anecdotally it seems we did OK. Hence the three star star score. As I've said before in 2015 our goal will be to meet AND exceed expectations - five star scores. I hear you loud and clear on the guestrooms. The beds are A+ the bathrooms and case goods are dated (not that old, just not newly renovated). We need to overcome with superior cleanliness, attention to detail re: maintenance, and great service. Thank you again for the review and I hope we'll be welcoming you back soon!

Be Well,

Phil GM
Big Bear Lake, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is the first time I have stayed at this hotel. What a nice surprise. I usually stay at the Marriot when I am flying out of LAX, but not anymore. The hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. (My granddaughter actually commented on how nice our room smelled. Weird. That has never happened at an airport hotel before, for anyone...) The reception staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Functional information touchscreens were in the lobby so you didn't need to hunt anyone down to get hotel, airport or shuttle information. And if all that isn't enough to make this the #1 LAX hotel The Daily Grill is the restaurant for the hotel! Yay! Will definitely stay here again!
The reason I gave this hotel a rating of 4 is the entrance was undergoing renovations and was fenced off when we arrived, so it was a puzzle trying to figure out where to park the car. The signs were not clear.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Happy Holidays and thank you for the Great review!!! Tell your granddaughter she is welcome anytime! Love her observation! I hear you loud and clear on the drive. If the drought had continued it would have been done before your stay. The one time I didn't want rain! Thanks again for taking your time to review us. Be Well! Phil GM
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel was generally clean. The staff offered to help us with our bag...this was greatly appreciated. The bellman very pleasant and was very helpful with tips about the city of LAX for our short stay. My only peeve with this hotel was the refusal of management to warm up some leftovers we had from lunch. The reason for refusal according to management was "hygienic reasons"... I didn't quite buy that story.

• Stayed December 2014
WestinLAXGM, General Manager at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Obviously "Decent " isn't what we are shooting for. "Wow" or "Amazing" would be better BUT we know we have to earn it. It seems that with the exception of heating the leftovers we met your expectations and candidly with the leftovers we had the opportunity to exceed your expectations and didn't. From a hotel verteran's standpoint we shouldn't take food from a guest and reheat it ourselves. This isn't a hygene issue it is a liability issue in the case that the food ultimately makes our guest sick. Sad I know, but this is the world we live in. What we will do is have a microwave where our guests can heat their food themselves. We'll incoprporate this into our new and improved Cafe. Thank you again or your business and for your review! Happy Holidays! Phil GM
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I've stayed at the westin so many times on so may different occassions (biz, family) over the last 15-20 years that I can't count. The Westin always surpasses expectations. For those that rate it "terrible" they may have just had the bad luck of the draw of a rowdy group - it can happen anywhere up and along the LAX century Blvd hotel corridor. If you don't prefer their lounge, grill, or other offerings, it is a short walk down Century to other establishments. Century Blvd is THE main thoroughfare to LAX and is well maintained and safe. I highly recommend the Westin; can't say enough good things about them.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Wow! Thank you for the Terrific review! Thank you for your business and for your loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Happy Holidays! Phil GM
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed here briefly upon returning from an international trip to late for the last leg domestic flight. Tired, I'm initially impressed with friendly attitude of front desk & bell staff. If all of the 770 rooms are as nice as mine it's impressive. Nicely decorated. Very comfortable bedding. Up to date bath fixtures with a rain type shower head that was so good I'm gonna get one. 24 hr. Room service / restaurant round things out as the perfect close to LAX business hotel.

The only downside & it apparently applies to all hotels in the vicinity shuttle service is run in some manner by the City of Los Angeles. I was advised of this on check in. Staff lamented this fact & advised to leave yourself plenty of time if availing yourself of this " service ". Where as Westin ran shuttles every 15min. The current 2 per hr. Seemed so iffy we ended up taking a cab , glad we did. So might you.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
WestinLAXGM, General Manager at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for the kind words! It all builds off of expectations and we strive to always surprise and delight. Regarding the shuttle. I hear you loud and clear. There is a GPS monitor in the hotel that tracks the shuttles so that at least for departure you know when the next one is coming. Essentially all the hotels at LAX share a shuttle system with one transportation operator. That operator is held to 15 minute maximum wait times. They have a fleet of vehicles and a pretty sophisiticated system of allocating the shuttles realtime between routes. With traffic and LAX construction sometimes they get behind. That said, I love to hear about our guests experience with the shuttle so I can provide feedback for the operator. Thank you again for the taking the time to write a great review. Be Well! Phil GM
Thomasville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

It's a Westin so there are high expectations. This hotel definitely meet them. It's within walking distance of rental car return lots and some restaurants. I walked to the Dennys up the street with no problems. Easy ride om the shuttle to the airport.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I hope we'll be welcoming you back soon and next time I hope we exceed those expectations and earn a five! Be Well! Phil GM

Been to The Westin Los Angeles Airport? Share your experiences!