I was here for a business event and stayed for four nights during the week. Check-in was good, and I was very pleased with my suite on the top floor. Wonderful beds with plenty of pillows, and the room was very comfortable. Lots of outlets, which all business travelers appreciate! And even with all the airport noise I found the sleep quality very good.
The only odd and very unsafe thing about my suite (1231) was there was a good half-inch gap between the shower door and the glass wall, which meant the floor got wet every time I took a shower. I had to use two towels to clean up after every shower, and nearly slipped several times on what was left. Why no one on staff has seen this obvious flaw is beyond me. They are risking a lawsuit at some point.
What drove me crazy was the lack of consistency in some services, such as housekeeping. One day there was a shower cap, the next day there wasn't. One day there was a breakfast menu to hang on the door, and there wasn't the next two days. On the most important day of my speech, I requested my room be serviced within a 3 hour period, and when I got back to my room it had not been touched. I had to finally grab a housekeeper from the hall and ask she do my room next.
The Fedex business center was great and I used it a few times for some self-service faxing. And thank goodness the Westin finally got a really good restaurant in there -- the Daily Grill was phenomenal. In fact all the food was superb during the entire stay. The only problem (which I have seen others comment on below) is their poached eggs are nearly raw. So if you like a good poached egg, ask for well done.
Great gift shop with not only everything you could need but also some fun items for yourself or to take back home. Nice staff at valet parking. My friend took the airport shuttle though and waited over half an hour--I suggest it's worth getting a cab instead.
Out of all the airport hotels, the Westin is one of my favorite two. (The other being the Renaissance.)
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Los Angeles Airport Hotel Los Angeles
- The Westin Los Angeles Airport Hotel
- Westin Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Westin
- Westin Lax
- Westin Los Angeles Airport
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Los Angeles Airport, just four blocks from Los Angeles International Airport, offers easy access to major corporations, marvelous shopping, sunny beaches and fine restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Amex, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Los Angeles Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.