Mom had a Dr. Appt in L.A. and I accompanied her, we stayed and extra night and saw the Ghetty(s).
The price was reasonable (under a 90 bucks) and the location great w/o a car...parking lot shares the driveway with rental car lot. We got one cheap last minute, but could have easily taken the city transport... one night took the free trolly that picked up at the hotel and went to Manhatten beach.
Warning if you have a vehicle, daily parking is pricy ($20) and varies by season (we overheard) something to consider.
The hotel pool is average-small. The hot tub (something we were looking forward to after walking all day) was TINY, only fits 4 people w/o touching knees with strangers...not really a problem for us as this is a VERY business friendly hotel and both nights we were the only people using it, no one at the pool either). The well stocked gym however was packed in the evenings.
The room over looked the airport and was surprisingly quiet. I am a light sleeper and bring headphones at times to cancel out noise, but did not need them, windows are well insulated.
Did notice lots of flight attendants and stewardesses coming and going all night (I stay up late...)
The food in the restaurant is very delicious and you pay for it, but its really good. I highly recommend the Bacon Mac n Cheese... sounds tacky right? Wrong, award winning stuff with applewood smoked bacon and sauteed mushrooms.
Note: bar menu has a nicely priced happy hour with food and drink specials.
The room is a little tight, but well appointed with modern decor (be mindful of the fridge, just moving an item to put in my personal water bottle incured a charge, however they did remove it when I complained... there were additional charges the next day when I stored some medicine in there...again removed, glad I checked the bill).
Lastly (the reason for writing this review) the beds. Fantastic. The duvet is washed as is the linen (pima cotton) between guests, and is spotless white. Looks, feels and smells fresh. But the comfort is beyond compare. They sell all their bedding and even the insanely dreamy matress & pillows at outrageous prices, (there is a website dedicated for this) and it's probably worth every penny, I just don't have a lot of pennies these days.. But if at all possible I will try to stay at a Westin again as the beds were so heavenly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Los Angeles Airport, just four blocks from Los Angeles International Airport, offers easy access to major corporations, marvelous shopping, sunny beaches and fine restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Hotels.com, Starwood, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Los Angeles Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Los Angeles Airport Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Westin
- Westin Lax
- Westin Los Angeles Airport