“Insanely comfortable beds” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #117 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
las vegas, nv
“Insanely comfortable beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Mom had a Dr. Appt in L.A. and I accompanied her, we stayed and extra night and saw the Ghetty(s).

The price was reasonable (under a 90 bucks) and the location great w/o a car...parking lot shares the driveway with rental car lot. We got one cheap last minute, but could have easily taken the city transport... one night took the free trolly that picked up at the hotel and went to Manhatten beach.

Warning if you have a vehicle, daily parking is pricy ($20) and varies by season (we overheard) something to consider.

The hotel pool is average-small. The hot tub (something we were looking forward to after walking all day) was TINY, only fits 4 people w/o touching knees with strangers...not really a problem for us as this is a VERY business friendly hotel and both nights we were the only people using it, no one at the pool either). The well stocked gym however was packed in the evenings.

The room over looked the airport and was surprisingly quiet. I am a light sleeper and bring headphones at times to cancel out noise, but did not need them, windows are well insulated.
Did notice lots of flight attendants and stewardesses coming and going all night (I stay up late...)

The food in the restaurant is very delicious and you pay for it, but its really good. I highly recommend the Bacon Mac n Cheese... sounds tacky right? Wrong, award winning stuff with applewood smoked bacon and sauteed mushrooms.
Note: bar menu has a nicely priced happy hour with food and drink specials.

The room is a little tight, but well appointed with modern decor (be mindful of the fridge, just moving an item to put in my personal water bottle incured a charge, however they did remove it when I complained... there were additional charges the next day when I stored some medicine in there...again removed, glad I checked the bill).

Lastly (the reason for writing this review) the beds. Fantastic. The duvet is washed as is the linen (pima cotton) between guests, and is spotless white. Looks, feels and smells fresh. But the comfort is beyond compare. They sell all their bedding and even the insanely dreamy matress & pillows at outrageous prices, (there is a website dedicated for this) and it's probably worth every penny, I just don't have a lot of pennies these days.. But if at all possible I will try to stay at a Westin again as the beds were so heavenly.

Room Tip: When booking request the airport side, (watching the planes) the other option
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Walnut, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

We had so much fun on our spur of them moment vacation. We got this off of priceline and were so scared to try a new hotel. This one is very nice and we noticed a lot of pilots and stewards/stewardess stay here. The location was a little off at first but it was super close to the freeways. We ended up having a ball at Universal Studios as well. The only down side is the parking fee everyday but you do get in and out priv's.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Before arriving to the hotel I called to advise that I would need an early check in because my flight was arrving early. I was by the person that answered the telephone that this depended on the availability when I arrived. I would of been ok with this response if the person was not so rude. Upon arriving at 11am, my friend and I were met by a rude young lady at the front desk. Who stated that all rooms were being cleaned and would be ready at 12:30pm. Not once did she offer to store our luggage or give us any advice on where to go to kill an hour & half. Luckily my friend is familiar with the Los Angeles area and we had a rent a car.

When we returned to check in we were greeted by a gentleman that was friendlier than other young lady and he checked us right in. The double room we received on the Starwood Preferred Guest floor (since I am a SPG memeber) was just ok. The room was an ok size for two people. But what disturbed me was the whole in the bedding and how we called to down for an extra set of linen (you would think that in a double room there would be two sets of towels in the bathroom.

The wi-fi was shotty and never worked but this is a service they charge for and guess what was unable to access it. They even charge you to use wi-fi in the lobby, some hotels allow you to aleast us the wi-fi in the lobby for free. They do offer several computers for one to print boarding passes. Self-parking was $22.50 a night. If you are looking for a quick stay at a hotel close to the airport then you can stay here but if you are looking for something more than stay elsewhere. This hotel does not live up to the Westin name.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I've stayed here a few times, and it is a very good option for LAX. Close to the airport, and decent restaurant for an airport hotel. Not the most modern rooms but very functional for short stays. Only negative is long lines at check in. Very good value, cheap for LA. Highly recommend for LAX.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Manhasset, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I was given a suite and once I opened my door, the room smelled like urine. Never stayed in a room that smelled that bad. And to top it off, my room was facing the airport runway and all I heard was planes taking off and landing. I would avoid staying at this hotel.....

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I've stayed at the Sheraton, Hilton and Westin at LAX. The Westin is the cleanest and most comfortable of the three. That said, LAX doesn't have a luxury hotel so if you are looking to stay at a 4 star (or higher) property you will need to stay at the Ritz Carlton in Marina Del Rey or in other parts of Los Angeles. Check in was fast. The lobby is undergoing a remodel right now, but it didn't seem to be a big issue for any of the services. Parking is convenient and attached to the elevators. My room was dated but clean. The shower had good pressure and the towels were new. I wouldn't want to stay in the area for more than 1 or 2 nights. It lacks charm. But, if you need to be on an early departure or you arrive late, as I did, it's a solid 3 star bet. This is a hotel heavily used by airline crews and business people. It's not ideal for leisure travelers.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I had problems with the front desk and housekeeping when I stayed there five years ago and raised them with the hotel, which was responsive. This time round, I had no problems at all. The front desk was friendly, I got the room I wanted (facing Century Blvd), and had a great stay. This is a really nice hotel even though it's an airport location. Decent gym, nice pool that is actually used by its guests. What I think is a nice improvement is the effort to go green. There's a recycling bin in my room and the hotel gives you a $5 food and beverage voucher if you turn down housekeeping services for the day. The breakfast was really good too. Beds are heavenly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Los Angeles Airport? Share your experiences!