I stayed at the Los Angeles Athletic Club for three nights in October 2012 and highly recommend it to any traveler.
I was having trouble finding a reasonably priced hotel downtown when a friend recommended LAAC where you can stay without membership. The location was perfect and within easy walking distance of the offices I was visiting. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and stores to pick up supplies.
Shortly after checking into a lovely deluxe room, I received a call advising me that I been upgraded to a suite! I never get upgrades and have no idea what prompted this very kind offer, but I happily accepted!
The suite was amazing - a generous sized living area with comfortable couch, work space and wet bar with mini fridge, a very spacious bedroom with a comfortable bed and second work space, and a large bathroom. The suite was clean and well maintained. The rate included wifi which was fast. The corner suite views were also fabulous.
It is one of the rare occasions where I can say both the deluxe room I was briefly in and the suite I ended up staying in looked exactly like the photos on LAAC's website. I can even pick out the suite I stayed in from the photos on LAAC website (images 7 and 8 of 10 on the suite description page - http://www.laac.com/Default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=245369&ssid=101362&vnf=1).
The staff were always friendly and attentive. I needed to check out two days early - it was not a problem and the reception staff took the extra two days off my bill.
I can recommend the included breakfast buffet. A nice touch for any traveler, particularly a business traveller on an expense budget. LAAC do not short change their guests as the breakfast was amazing - both hot and cold buffets with ample tasty selections.
For parking, go around the corner to the public parking garage on Olive Street. You can access the hotel through the garage and obtain the discounted hotel daily rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you need a private getaway after a long day at work, a hideaway for a romantic weekend, or accommodations for your V.I.P. guests, our 72 elegantly appointed rooms atop The Los Angeles Athletic Club await you. Guest have full access to 88,000 sq ft of athletic facilities, 3 restaurants and a rooftop lounge. Breakfast and discounted parking are also included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Los Angeles Athletic Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Los Angeles Athletic Club Hotel Los Angeles
- The Los Angeles Athletic Hotel