This is a terrific location ... two minute walk from the beach, surfers, music, touristy shops, dancing ... tons going on .... right beneath the hotel is a bike and rollerblade rental shop (much cheaper than on the beach rentals - I paid $18/day instead of closer to $27. Also the owner let me do half a day rollerblading and return them and get a bike for the other half all for $18. And in the end he charged me only $16 because I'd run out of change and his credit card machine was playing up. Parking at $7.70 a day is not worth it because there's plenty of street parking right outside the hotel.
Hotel rooms are clean and spacious. The central court is a lovely feature. Breakfast is simple but adequate. And there's coffee just across the road but don't stop at Starbucks, however tempting, you have to try Cow's End Cafe for really refreshing tea, pastries, friendly service and tables outside. I got a great oolong and walked down to the beach to watch a pod of dolphins having their breakfast and playing, I guess that's what Venice Beach is about - playing.
Staff were very friendly at the hotel especially Rasha on the front desk who was able to recommend a great restaurant and provide directions. One trick Rasha told me was not to use the Venice Beach address for your gps use 327 Washington Blvd, Marina Del Ray. For some reason on my Hertz Never Lost I got lost because there was no Washing Bld in Venice.
Complimentary WiFi always worked and was fast, Easy to LAX. I enjoyed my ride to Thousand Oaks up the Pacific Coastal Highway and specially Malibu Canyon Road.
Oh, and you have to walk around Venice Canals just out of the hotel and to the left for one block on the right ... early in the morning it is so pretty.
That kind of trip makes business a pleasure.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Venice Beach Hotel
- Inn At Venice Beach Hotel Los Angeles
- Venice Beach Los Angeles
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This European-style Inn is within two blocks of Venice Beach and the Boardwalk, and Marina Del Rey is four blocks away. The hotel offers a daily Continental breakfast, wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, and a fitness center. Guestrooms at the Inn at Venice Beach include refrigerators, coffee/tea makers, cable/satellite TV, and in-room safes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Loews Hotels, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Inn at Venice Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.