“A great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dresden B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
Dresden B&B
You added Dresden B&B to your Saves list
1623 North Sierra Bonita, Los Angeles, CA 90046 (Central L.A)   |
Ranked #6 of 81 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Sydney
“A great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Our recent stay at Dresden's B&B was an absolute pleasure. While we were initially a little hesitant about staying in an such a small establishment - the B&B is simply a room in the owner's house and the bathroom is shared with the owner, we really had nothing to worry about. Dresden is very friendly and helpful and her little dog is delightful. The bedroom is clean and well-equipped, the bed is very comfortable and the window opens. There is adequate storage for bags. The bathroom is good and the water pressure in the shower is excellent. While this is called a B&B, breakfast is not in fact offered. However, guests have full access to the kitchen, the dining and living room. There is a supermarket where breakfast provisions can be purchased about ten minutes walk away.

A great aspect of Dresden B&B is its location. The street on which it is located runs between Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard and is about a 15 to 20 minute walk from Grauman's Chinese Theatre and the Kodak Theatre. If you don't want to use a car, there is a Metro station near the Kodak Theatre at Hollyood and Hyland (Universal Studios is one metro stop away) and buses run along Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard.

This is a surburban home. It is charming and comfortable, although not luxurious. Staying here may not suit all travellers, but it suited us perfectly. We were made to feel welcome and given all the advice and assistance we needed. We would not hesitate to stay with Dresden again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

My wife and I had the privilage to stay at Dresden and Beau's house in early June. We are forever grateful to them for coming to our rescue when we got lost late on our first night in LA and couldn't get our Navman working properly.
We were made to feel extremely welcome during our stay and found that Dresden's
advice was most beneficial for the things we wanted to see and do. Dresden's house is located in a great spot for enjoying the attractions in the West Hollywood/ Beverly Hills area.We Also found it very comfortable. We Would Highly recommend a Visit and hope to get the opportunity to return one day!

Ian & Gina

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at Dresden’s B&B in early May and I thoroughly enjoyed my time. Upon arriving after walking from the subway with luggage on a hot day Dresden made me feel at home offering me a drink and suggesting to take a shower. My first reaction to her place was that the pictures do not do it justice; my room was very comfortable and bigger than expected. Although I didn’t use it ( I was about town all the time) there is a nice area in the back yard around the pool as well.

Dresden was an excellent host who added a lot of value to my visit with her suggestions on sights to see, and with her help on planning my days. Her dog Beau is quite the character; don’t let his small size fool you – he’s one tough (but cute) cookie – and I found him giving me one of his “looks” one morning!

After my stay I consider Dresden to be a friend; this would be my first choice if I returned to the great city of L.A.

Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Corona, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Dresden is a very friendly, humorous, and kindhearted lady. She has several tour guides and maps to help us figure out our itineraries. Also, she always likes to talk with us about her recommended places and helps us figure out how to get there. We comfortably shared our own personal stories all the time, and those were wonderful talks!

The whole house is very clean and comfortable. My friend even swam in her pool and she likes it a lot! I really enjoyed sitting in her backyard in the morning and drinking my coffee and watching her little dog Bo playing around. Bo is a very cute dog, and he usually does not bark, even I met him at first time.

I think I made the right choice by choosing this place. This place is like a home for me. And, I really appreciate Dresden's service, help, and mindful care.

Room Tip: book as early as possible
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

As soon as I arrived at Dresden B&B I knew I had made the right choice. Named after it's owner, the delightful Dresden, the atmosphere was warm and welcoming. My bedroom and bathroom were clean and very comfortable, there was a TV I never had a chance to watch, and central heating kept it warm at night. Dresden was friendly without being intrusive, and I had free use of the rest of the house. Her little dog Beau became a firm friend. Choose this B&B if you are after a homely experience and like people and dogs. The location is central, and every day I felt like I was coming home. It was very close to Runyon Canyon which I attempted twice, next time I'll finish it!!! I'll be back.

Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Queensland Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed in September 2010 for 7 days and couldn't have felt more welcome and comfortable. Dresden is amazing! So incredibly helpful and talk about personal service! She even drove us to the airport!! Anything you want or need, Dresben was there to help.

The area was just fine, only a short walk to the Walk of Fame and close to everything. It wasn't seedy at all. It depends on what you are looking for, but I can highly recommend staying here, if for nothing else, than the company of this lovely lovely woman (and not forgetting little Bo!)
I don't know what this jazzy81 person is on about, but if I was running the place and somebody didn't confirm their booking, then I would have given the room to someone else too. Anyway, nobody pays attention to people with nasty things to say who have never stayed in a place, that's just plain ridiculous and just looking for anything to say that's nasty.

So from people who did actually stay there, I highly recommend this accommodation, and only joined this website so I can can write a review because it is the decent thing to do.
Thank you again Dresden, for such a wonderful time!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Adelaide Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Dresden was absolutely unbelievable, from making us feel like we were at home to advising us how we should best see LA in the short time we had. Caring for me with my two infected toes brought about by new shoes to getting our washing in and folding it when it was dry. If only all B&B's were this good I would stay at them all the time!! The room was clean as was the bathroom and given that the house is quite a few years old had the old feel about it which in my opinion made it feel more homey. The area is completely safe and extremely quiet, contrary to other reviews. We actually slept with the windows wide open!!
All I can say is those who have not rated Dresden as highly as we have- have the problem, not Dresden! Once again we would like to express our total gratification for how our stay went.
We will certainly stay here again if we get the opportunity.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Dresden B&B? Share your experiences!