“wonderful hideaway” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Virginia
“wonderful hideaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a great place to escape LA. As soon as I pulled into the driveway, I felt my blood pressure go down. (The ramps for the 405 freeway were under construction during our stay, and going anywhere on the 405 was painful.) Our room was not quite ready when we arrived, and we were provided a complimentary drink in the bar. Before we had finished the drink, our room was ready. We were upgraded to a balcony room. It had a fireplace, which we will need to come back in the winter to try. You can control most of the room functions from an iPad. Some of the furniture fabric had an indoor/outdoor quality to it, and the color scheme was gray except for an accent wall by the entry, which I think was green. I'm sure a designer put a lot of effort into the room, and I probably have little fashion sense. Nonetheless, my wife and I loved the Bel-Air. The staff is terrific. Their restaurant was excellent for all meals; the hamburger at lunch was fantastic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Bronco1Bill,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am thrilled to hear our garden oasis provided you with an escape from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. I am glad you enjoyed your room and happy you took advantage of the iPad in the guestroom.

We hope to welcome you and your wife back to the hotel this winter season... we'll have the fireplace waiting for you!

Denise Flanders

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Firenze
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I was not sure about Bel Air, the location is fine, but a little bit too isolated from the cool places of LA.
In the middle of a great residencial area, the hotel is like an oasis of calm and peace.
As soon as you enter in the lobby, you breath the essence of the place: discretion, attention, silence.
This is a real lux!
Excellent service, nice people, good food, amazing la prairie spa, what can you ask more?
Good linen, good beds, good amenities, really flawless, love it!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear ROTCHKO,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We like to say that in many ways, we are so close to all... yet so far. The hotel really is transporting. I am thrilled you enjoyed everything, and hope you will be back to visit us again.

Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Well, it took me 2 months to find the time to write this review after our summer stay at the HBA (7 nights), but here it is:
all employees, from the moment you arrive at the airport and are greeted by your chauffeur, to the front desk, concierge, luggage, room service, restaurant, spa, boutique, etc., are simply the best in the industry.
The food is world class, the spa was a wonderful moment for my wife, and the property is magnificent.
Thanks to the American Express Platinum program we were upgraded to a suite, and have the best vacation week we had in a few years.

We loved it so much that I just booked our winter vacation at the HBA, where we'll spend a week this next February.

One last mention for Tom, the driver who allowed us to go around the hotel without renting a car. He is extremely nice, courteous, and informative about all things related to L.A. in general, Beverly Hills and Bel Air.

We really can't wait to be back in 4 months!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JBD485,

We really appreciate you finding the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Bel-Air. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and feel our employees are the best in the industry…they truly are a great time and they consistently make me very proud. Thank you for specifically mentioning Tom. I will be sure to share your feedback with him.

See you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Hotel bel air is for sure one of the best hotels i have stayed at.

As soon as you step into the hotel you do feel welcome, and with an excellent service from the time you enter till the day you leave.

You get a nice atmosphere, service, and friendly staff and good food.

If i do go to los angeles, i would for sure stay in Bel air hotel, and not any other.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JuJu-Dubai,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am thrilled you feel the hotel is one of the best hotels you have ever stayed at…that puts a huge smile on my face. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Just returned from an incredible 3 night stay at HBA. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by Julien in reception, we knew we would not be disappointed

I have to admit, I'm rather critical when it comes to fine hotels
The HBA met every expectation and exceeded

Our room was perfect. Closets and storage ideal for a couple
Bathroom spacious and products high end and generously refilled daily

Bed and linens luxurious

Fireplace well stocked and attended to on request

Loved the iPad communications for room service, requests and bookings

The bar staff and offerings are exceptional and world class! Our server Jeanette was a joy and greeted us each time with her amazing smile! And the bartenders equally on point

I cannot remember a more perfect breakfast experience than we experienced each morning in the restaurant. Everything from the servers , the newspapers , the bread and the perfect egg - not to mention the ambience- I feel I am spoiled for life

The pool could use a bit of the upgrade afforded the rest of the property- but location and staff can't be beat!

The only thing on my mind as I left was when can I come back!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear GeneDC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Bel-Air. It is wonderful to hear how impressed you were with your stay…from the room, to your dining experiences, to the service provided to you. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write such detailed commentary. It is most helpful as we strive to maintain the highest quality standards throughout the property.

We love that we set the standard for your future travels... this is always our goal. We look forward to your next visit.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel Bel-Air is absolutely delightful. The staff are so attentive and pleasant. We spent weekend there and I have to say it is one of my favourite hotel experiences ever.
Look forward to returning!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Paul U,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and the service provided to you.

We look forward to your return…hopefully it will be soon!

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

From the arrival experience to the luxury accommodation, this is an amazing hotel. The treatment in the Spa was sensational ( thank you Nerida). Did not want to leave. So private and comfortable. The bathroom had the most unique toilet. The TV's are super high tech. Service around the pool was also very attentive.

Room Tip: Pay more for a suite. Worth it.